Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
havent been able to set it up yet. my system wont mount the drive in ubuntu, i have to get internet to do update. anyone know how to install the wua-2340 wireless driver by dlink on linux

Reaction score
Ok, so I noticed another problem with the Genesis interface -- and fixed it...

Genesis Interface has been re-uploaded with this new fix:

Download here:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great work :w00t: Have you fixed the "Boutique" also? :):

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You access it by walking INTO the 'house' behind the guild NPC in east archo... ;)
Btw how to remove that access behind the guild manager? :):
Actualy I'm using the region.clt and tasks.data directly converted from PWI so I guess it is not configured in those files. But where then? :mellow:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What if I wanted to host two servers on the same machine, but lets say use it on port 37000.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you better have a large processor and ALOT of ram

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

and as for running another server just add another PWServer2 to your list and execute it and change all the ip's to what you need and all the ports

pretty sure it would work. as for the client end of 29000:name.com not sure if you could use 29000 again. and the client doesnt seem to detect any other ports just 29000 i discovered but i could be wrong

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you better have a large processor and ALOT of ram

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

and as for running another server just add another PWServer2 to your list and execute it and change all the ip's to what you need and all the ports

pretty sure it would work. as for the client end of 29000:name.com not sure if you could use 29000 again. and the client doesnt seem to detect any other ports just 29000 i discovered but i could be wrong

You just need to update it in serverlist.txt... you can run it on any port you want, and to run two 'different' servers on one physical machine, it'd be far easier to just use VM's... but just clone the entire /PWServer directory and then edit ALL of the config files to use different ports and make sure they all point to the right spots and it will work just fine...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do use vmWare Fusion since I run it off my Mac. So I'll have to work on that as soon as I get this up and running. By the way, does anyone know why pwAdmin won't work on this distr.? Also I noticed that when I run the files even as root it gives the permission denied. I've tried it both on Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do use vmWare Fusion since I run it off my Mac. So I'll have to work on that as soon as I get this up and running. By the way, does anyone know why pwAdmin won't work on this distr.? Also I noticed that when I run the files even as root it gives the permission denied. I've tried it both on Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server.

Don't use the start.sh script... no idea why he included it...

add pwAdmin and Tomcat/Jetty somewhere to start it all properly...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So completely ignore his installtion of pwAdmin and just use Jetty. I also noticed that he didn't include some things in the /etc/ that Romulan had in his a long time ago. Unnecessary?

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So completely ignore his installtion of pwAdmin and just use Jetty. I also noticed that he didn't include some things in the /etc/ that Romulan had in his a long time ago. Unnecessary?
The files you said are unnecessary in this release. It was designed for the old iweb and the old authd.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
anyone care to create a new tutorial for this version of PWServer... havent tried it yet. but from what i hear this version is a good updated version

Reaction score
Btw how to remove that access behind the guild manager? :):
Actualy I'm using the region.clt and tasks.data directly converted from PWI so I guess it is not configured in those files. But where then? :mellow:

It is a 'region trans' in region.clt/sev:

Code:
[trans]
205  1  0
1854.582000, 221.226000, 1158.800000
4.000000, 2.000000, 1.000000
-298.000000, 289.000000, -105.000000

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Don't use the start.sh script... no idea why he included it...

add pwAdmin and Tomcat/Jetty somewhere to start it all properly...

o_O

True, my start-up 'scripts' are a tad sloppy. Probably the only thing I never really fully 'cleaned up' since I initially started out with individual scripts to start individual processes... Then one day I just threw together one that started all the other ones, and gave all the separate ones a . prefix so they were 'hidden' upon a 'standard' ls command... There's nothing wrong with them though =\ they work just fine for me... System boots, log in, start.sh starts apache, mysql, and both tomcats =\ Since there are two instances of tomcat I don't know why you'd have to install another, or why the ones there wouldn't be working for anyone =\ I've installed this on several different VMwares, and a few separate physical machines with no hiccups...

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

...Though I've always installed on 'clean' HDDs; it is as simple as:

1- Install Linux (& ia32-libs if running x64)
2- Copy all files from disc or ISO to /
3- Run /root/notes/setup.sh
4- /root/start.sh starts apache, MySQL, and both tomcats (-- so you can then start the actual PW server from pwAdmin...)

With the only files that need IP 'configuration':
/etc/hosts
/opt/lampp/htdocs/config.php
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Maskgen/index.jsp

Reaction score
start.sh or stop.sh script will be usefull some times, i recomended to keep it there for some situation

Mine are not the 'original'... Mine are, well, mine. They only start Apache, MySQL, and both tomcats...

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

anyone care to create a new tutorial for this version of PWServer... havent tried it yet. but from what i hear this version is a good updated version

You shouldn't really need to do anything in addition to the 'instructions' in post #2. or just a couple posts back; it's really that simple ;)

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

pwAdmin works just fine. It does NOT operate on port 8080 though, like many people may be used to, it operates on port 8443...

What exactly are you getting 'permission denied' for ??? "the files" isn't very descriptive... Also with this distribution you should not be altering any 'file permissions' you merely install linux, copy all files over, run setup.sh, and start.sh will start Apache, MySQL, and both tomcats... With the only 3 files that need IP 'configuration' being
/etc/hosts

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pwAdmin works just fine. It does NOT operate on port 8080 though, like many people may be used to, it operates on port 8443...

What exactly are you getting 'permission denied' for ??? "the files" isn't very descriptive... Also with this distribution you should not be altering any 'file permissions' you merely install linux, copy all files over, run setup.sh, and start.sh will start Apache, MySQL, and both tomcats... With the only 3 files that need IP 'configuration' being
/etc/hosts

Start.sh and the files that it's scripted to run. They all give me "Permission Denied" even when running as root. When I alter them to be executable, they work, but then I have to mod the apache folder because the start.sh in the bin won't work. So once all of that is finally done, I can't even get to pwAdmin to start it. Plus when using the pwAdmin that I installed (Separately) it won't start the server.

Also with the picture I uploaded, I used chmod to change the permissions (777) then back to as you had it (644)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back