Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] When PWI began....

Reaction score
PWI started from 1.3.9

PWI started from 1.3.6 (it was in beta at the time) the first expansion (Lost Empire) was 1.3.9 and Age of Spirits was 1.4.1 (1.4.1 v27, I might add. which is where there are 2 v27 configs floating about)

Try doing some research, yes? I still have PWI beta clients

how do you configure the client?

elements/userdata/server/

I are an engineer
Reaction score
Re: All versions of Perfect World servers

PWI started from 1.3.6 (it was in beta at the time) the first expansion (Lost Empire) was 1.3.9 and Age of Spirits was 1.4.1 (1.4.1 v27, I might add. which is where there are 2 v27 configs floating about)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I googled in due time, did not find. However, pwi is absolutely not interesting to me, stupid and bad english localization, a lot of changed names and this is not a translation from chinese

Reaction score

I googled in due time, did not find. However, pwi is absolutely not interesting to me, stupid and bad english localization, a lot of changed names and this is not a translation from chinese
well, then you need not be in the perfect world section of the forums, hm?

No translation is perfect from one language to another, get used to that

Reaction score

Actually, to be technical:

Before Lost Empire was "beta", or the original launch of the game since they did not perform a reset after they ended the beta...

So technically Lost Empire is the first iteration (official launch) of the game, or, technically it's the first expansion of the game - if you consider it such since they never did a wipe after the beta...

Even as per your link to the pwi gamepedia:

It was first released as an Open Beta on September 2nd, 2008. As the game was not reset once the Open Beta ended, this is considered the official release date of the game.

PWI The Lost Empire - released December 3rd, 2008

So, that being said, I could accept either as being "right"... Either "Lost Empire" is the "official launch" version of the game -OR- it's the "first expansion"...

I think I will personally err on the side that it was the "official launch" of the game, even though they didn't do a wipe after the beta... Because, even though "players" and "fans" may have written the wiki to consider the beta the official launch, I say, it is not... When they go "beta" - that's exactly what it is, a BETA... Wipe or no wipe, a beta is still a beta... Only after they officially end the beta, with or without wipe, is it "officially launched" IMHO... Because beta's can end in many ways, with or without wipe, with or without content being added/removed, etc... Or hell, beta's can end with the "product" not being released at all even!

Bigger query, what does the company that runs it - consider it :D

Reaction score

Before Lost Empire was "beta", or the original launch of the game since they did not perform a reset after they ended the beta...

Bigger query, what does the company that runs it - consider it :D

Psytrac - [Discussion] When PWI began.... - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score

Fair enough, it's settled :D

Although I must add, I think that is/was just them using "word play" to make it seem like more [important] than it was - to me it was still nothing more than the final/official launch... If you look at what the "first expansion" actually included, it was exactly what you'd expect out of a final release after a beta...

Put it this way, if it was another certain popular game that charged for every expansion, NOBODY would have paid ANOTHER $60 only a few months later for such little "new features" >.>

The Lost Empire is the first expansion for Perfect World International. It was officially announced on October 24th, 2008. It was originally planned for a December 1st, 2008 release but was delayed to December 3rd, 2008. The main features for the expansion included the release of the Wraiths' Ploy quest line and the Old Heaven's Tear maps revolving around the quest line, along with special level 79 and 100 skills, Warsoul Weapons, and the introduction of Legendary Pets for venomancers.

Additions

* Added the Chrono Quest and past maps (Old Heaven's Tear, Old Unicorn Forest, Old Valley of the Scarred, Old Moonshade Desert).
* The quest "Wraiths' Ploy" will begin your journey through time. You must be level 70 to begin this quest.
* Added level 79 and 100 skills for each of the original six classes (Archer, Barbarian, Blademaster, Cleric, Venomancer, and Wizard).
* Added World Bosses and Card Bosses.
* Added Warsoul Weapons.
* Added Legendary Venomancer pets (Baby Blazing Phoenix and Baby Hercules).
* Added Battle Pet Packs.
* These Battle Pet Packs will grant you 10-50 Phoenix Feathers or Source of Force. Take the Phoenix Feather or Sources of Force to Mrs. Zoologist in south east Archosaur. There you will be able to trade for the legendary Blazing Phoenix or Hercules Battle Pet.
NOTE: Battle Pets can only be used by Venomancers and cannot be traded or sold to other players.

Changes

* The Safety Lock confirmation has been reworded.
* Added various fixes for in-game text and quest localization.
* Added portal graphics for various instances and arenas.

yea, if you ask me that was a mere 'content update'!!! A few new quest-lines and a few new skills - yea - all minor crap! Surely, again, if it was a P2P game, NOBODY on this planet would've dropped another $60 for that little amount of content!

I are an engineer
Reaction score

Even as per your link to the pwi gamepedia:

It was first released as an Open Beta on September 2nd, 2008. As the game was not reset once the Open Beta ended, this is considered the official release date of the game.

PWI The Lost Empire - released December 3rd, 2008
So, that being said, I could accept either as being "right"... Either "Lost Empire" is the "official launch" version of the game -OR- it's the "first expansion"...

The character I still am playing today was created September 8, 2008, so yeah, beta database was never cleared.

Reactions: 343
Back