Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Missing item name on dropped item

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I created a new item in element.data and can not seem to find the reference to where this name comes from.
Item has a name on mouse over of course, but when on ground (left) it does not.

I have checked in element.data and all client pak files but i cant find any reference to where this name is coming from.

(mirage for reference of 'name' I am talkin' about.)

any help would be appreciated.

image_2021-12-08_030810 - Missing item name on dropped item - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
What ID # did you use for the new item...?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Until version 1.5.5 use ID below 64000, above that it can bug this way, and others too.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
wow, Amazing. thanks a lot guys, i had picked a large ID (800000) just so i could be sure it wasn't in use and keep all my custom ids together. was just being lazy to not look up if they were taken. I changed ID and it is working now.

I do now also see an older thread with similar topic despite all my previous searching >.> guess i wasn't looking for the right thing... my b :(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wow, Amazing. thanks a lot guys, i had picked a large ID (800000) just so i could be sure it wasn't in use and keep all my custom ids together. was just being lazy to not look up if they were taken. I changed ID and it is working now.

I do now also see an older thread with similar topic despite all my previous searching >.> guess i wasn't looking for the right thing... my b :(

You can use a high value, but you will need to create a proctype so that this item doesn’t fall off the ground and that high ID doesn’t work for clothes because the card doesn’t turn on, then you will have to mess around with the assembly on GS and change the max ID values to 99999

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
what actually happen is a bad wanmei design on the packets that broadcast to players item ids, they decide to merge itemid + item characteristic by splitting a Int32 size block of bytes ( 4 bytes ), so each block has 2 byte, that represents the limit of block which is 65536 as the itemID, the other 2 byte block, is some characteristic like item color ( on fashions ) or item stone color bounded ( lightning effect on armors that has soulgems bounded that make some gfx effect when it exist ).

that decision happened to increase performance and speed of packets in perfect world, in these days, nearly useless solution as many people have good network connection, if i remember, they moved to another design on new versions so they can push 64 bits clients without breaking other stuff, probably most of their bad design have to be rewritten.

Back