Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you update to ubuntu newest version ?
the oldest version is sucks , i can't find how to install openssh-server , It actually deleted.

openssh shouldn't delete make sure when you install Ubuntu 12 that you select openssh with your space bar when the option comes up then tab to select continue. the server files can only work on Ubuntu 12.... sadly. i have tried to alter the programing to be able to run it on ubuntu 20.4 how ever its not possible. if it is id like to learn that my self. That being said you can still install LAMP on to your host computer and run php, apache2 etc to inter-grade to your server. only problem i face is how i get players to be able to make an account to play my game. i Know i need a web sight for them to go to to be able to make the accounts. i just don't know how to link it to my server so when they log into the game they can play their account they made. If you know how to do that then maybe we can help each other with things we know and dont know. ill leave my discord so you can send me a DM.

[S-799] Wooooo!!#2410

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks mate, its solved.

And It's unfortunately i have no idea how to create a website and database, i have a minimum knowledge in web server . Or maybe i suggest you to install phpmyadmin, and go to your browser and enter yourip/phpmyadmin and import .sql file or you can restore .sql file via syntask in your ubuntu, next step move your .Php file to folder /htdocs, then access .php file via browser.
And can you send me the vmdk file , or the tutorial to install pw server on ubuntu 20 ? I have interest in your project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, can someone help me? I installed the whole thing by following the video 343 posted on youtube, but I still couldn't run it well. I got two issues going on... On the 1.3.6 I could open the pwAdmin page, turn on the server and register an account. Later when I open the game and make a character, I noticed he starts at level 0? It's registered as 0 before I log in. And when I try to log in, the game kicks me telling it couldn't connect to the server.

And uh... In the pwAdmin the character wasn't registered too, I had to click the "syncronize with database" button so the character would be there in the characters list. So I updated the version to 1.5.5 following his tutorial and now I can't get into the pwAdmin page. Do notice it was difficult to access the pwAdmin before as well, I had to restart the VM two or three times to get the pwAdmin to work. And now it doesn't work anymore.

I've tried following the step-by-step from scratch many times deleting previous VMs and starting new ones but still no success. Have I messed up something?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I updated the version to 1.5.5 following his tutorial and now I can't get into the pwAdmin page. Do notice it was difficult to access the pwAdmin before as well, I had to restart the VM two or three times to get the pwAdmin to work. And now it doesn't work anymore.

What are your VM settings (RAM, CPU etc)? I have noticed that pwAdmin gets very very capricious if you have a single CPU core set.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there a video out there to sho how to add forges? my forges in warsoul are missing....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What are your VM settings (RAM, CPU etc)? I have noticed that pwAdmin gets very very capricious if you have a single CPU core set.

VM settings can very. It all depends on your host running your server.

My personal settings i put 32-40 gigs of ram. 150-200 gigs of hdd (because i can lol), you only need about 40 gigs.

Network settings I do bridged adaptor. This will share the same internet access as your host. If you said you updated to 1.5.5 you need to go back and check your ports. hostnames etc. there are some videos on how to set up your server on YouTube. Ill leave a link or 2 that shows u how.

You can make sure that your pwadmin is working by going to your terminal on your vm and type the following commands.
server pwAdmin start
server pwAdmin status.
pwAdmin does comunicate to your phpmyadmin for accounts etc.

here is the format to access the pwadmin page
http://0.0.0.0<---(your vm ip address)/pwAdmin
if thats not working then you have done something wrong and will have to check your config files.

Hope this helps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
VM settings can very. It all depends on your host running your server.

My personal settings i put 32-40 gigs of ram. 150-200 gigs of hdd (because i can lol), you only need about 40 gigs.

Network settings I do bridged adaptor. This will share the same internet access as your host. If you said you updated to 1.5.5 you need to go back and check your ports. hostnames etc. there are some videos on how to set up your server on YouTube. Ill leave a link or 2 that shows u how.

You can make sure that your pwadmin is working by going to your terminal on your vm and type the following commands.
server pwAdmin start
server pwAdmin status.
pwAdmin does comunicate to your phpmyadmin for accounts etc.

here is the format to access the pwadmin page
http://0.0.0.0<---(your vm ip address)/pwAdmin
if thats not working then you have done something wrong and will have to check your config files.

Hope this helps.

Thx a lot for taking your time to help me, dude! I tried using the command u suggested, server pwAdmin status to see if it'd work but it asks me to download a library using apt-get... then I tried it, but it now says it was unable to find the package. I tried raising the no. of processors as "htmlcoderexe" suggested above and also I'm using 3gb of ram to start the server. I don't have much, but it did kinda work before with the 1.5.1... Guess what I should try is following the video u gave me the link for. The 1.5.3 video. Let's see if it works!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly, if you are getting messages to install something with apt, something has gone wrong somewhere - this complete package works correctly if you install it exactly the right way.

Trust me, I was a doubter at first as well.

I do think there was a typo there and you're supposed to type "service" not "server" in those commands.

Try doing it all from scratch.

Very important parts are to use the included Ubuntu version, do everything from the root user (not sudo!) and reboot after every step (install ubuntu, reboot, install nase package, reboot, install add-on 1.5.1 whatever, reboot).

Also, 3 gig may be too little to run even the basic install.

I have successfully run 1.4.6 on 4 GB and 1.5.1 on 8 GB but that's just the world map, the starting map on 1.5.1 and at most 2 dungeons.

My fully deployed install uses 24 GB on the 1.4.6 server and 32 GB on the 1.5.1 server (so I can run both) and there are still some laps I don't run to keep it under the memory limit.

This is a server for a game and demands a lot of memory.

As an aside, I stopped at 1.5.1 but I remember gettin 1.5.3 to work with exact same steps.

It did have a few glitches that made it annoying like empty 59 and 69 dungeon and weird spawns in some places so I didn't bother more than that as I didn't have time.

Maybe there are some wrong files in the dump or maybe problem is between my ears :D: :D:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thx a lot for taking your time to help me, dude! I tried using the command u suggested, server pwAdmin status to see if it'd work but it asks me to download a library using apt-get... then I tried it, but it now says it was unable to find the package. I tried raising the no. of processors as "htmlcoderexe" suggested above and also I'm using 3gb of ram to start the server. I don't have much, but it did kinda work before with the 1.5.1... Guess what I should try is following the video u gave me the link for. The 1.5.3 video. Let's see if it works!
it should be service

Also all versions of PWI will run with this setup, World 2, needs another lib that PWI doesn't use and it also runs fine. (you have to pull that lib from another distro because it's not in ubuntu AT ALL)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx guys. I tried making it from scratch, but as any other time, no success... Not sure how I messed up, but I guess I did. One thing I didn't mention, when it says "deconfiguring network" it'll be stuck in this message forever. I had to reboot forcefully. There was one time I got past this message, it was the time pwAdmin worked once, but then the game couldn't get the data properly, the character lv was shown as 0 in the character creation screen and it kicked me out of the game when entering a character to play.

For now, I decided to stop trying. Already deleted the clients and server files. Lost some nights of sleep just watching a purple screen loading stuff haha. But really, thanks for all the help and for being kind to newbies! This kind of technical thing is hard for non developers because if I don't know what's connecting to what, I can't see the big picture to figure out mistakes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Newly created characters in the game are Level 0?
Could be an issue with clsconfig and try to export it from Gamedbd Directory.
Code:
./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportclsconfig

As a developer,I got used to getting stuck quite often until I find a way around the problems I'am facing.
I constantly remind myself that most good things take time and efforts to keep moving forward.
You will eventually get better in solving problems little by little!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Client Links are offline. Could it be fixed? Or anyone else has these links? Thanks! =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry dear, those have been offline a while. There's a torrent link that is in the thread somewhere (last 20 pages?), I am seeding it but cannot check if it's up now cause I'm at work. Will try to remember somewhere next 24 hours. Please help seed!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for double post, couldn't find how to delete old response...

Anyways... me and my buddies kinda want to have some nostalgia and I thought it'd be cool to get our own lil' private server going.
I followed to instructions and video along, however... now I am stuck as I am unable to reach the login page.
I tried to troubleshoot the problem myself and fix it so I could continue, but this is quite a bit more complicated than the 'usual' IT stuff I deal with :)

While troubleshooting I keep getting "Host Destination Unreachable" when trying to make connections:
- pinging the internet (1.1.1.1 || 8.8.8.8)
- pinging my router from the VM
- pinging the VM from the host machine (@192.168.1.178)

I tried again with my firewalls turned off, to see if maybe they were blocking something, but that also didn't help.
Any help with getting a PWI server up and running would be greatly appreciated :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have to use the WAN ip, not NAT or host-only. also your firewall is likely on on the VM itself

EDIT:
Thank you Wrechid for helping out!
The 146 and 155 clients use a different location for their serverlist.txt (patcher -> server -> serverlist.txt) opposed the one 136 uses.

For future people, the GS is a file on the server (location: home/PerfectWorld/version/gamed/)
One folder further down (config) is where the gshop files are located, happy tweaking!

Original Post:

So... I decided to make another server to see if I screwed something up with install aaaand...
now it works!

So I've managed to get everything up and running, however not all clients versions seem to be able to see the server.
The 136 client can find the server, connect to it, login and I can play around (ohhh the nostalgia :):), but the 146 and 155 clients can't find the server.

I tried to fix it by copying the serverlist.txt from 136 to the 146 / 155 client, but then they still can't find the server (the 146 had the 'official' serverlist and the 155 install didn't even have a 'default' serverlist.txt), any ideas?

Also, I was wondering how to turn the server into PvP mode and how to edit the server rates (I did find some posts, suggesting to edit 'the GS', but I have no idea what that is)

Last edited:
Back