Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Copyright discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First step would be for the moderators to respond to user requests.
Some of my systems got published, no one feels responsible to delete them, not even after reporting the threads.
This happened quite a few times.

Greetz

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Reviving this section.

First step would be for the moderators to respond to user requests.
Some of my systems got published, no one feels responsible to delete them, not even after reporting the threads.
This happened quite a few times.

Greetz

I'm sorry to say this, but the rules of Ragezone Forum state that leaked files are completely allowed... The only files that aren't allowed are massively buggy, backdoored, or if they contain viruses. If you have a problem with this, you'll have to take it up with someone higher up. The moderators here aren't responsible for it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Then you shouldn´t be surprised when nobody wants to contribute to this section.

Greetz

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Then you shouldn´t be surprised if nobody wants to contribute to this section.

Greetz

That comment made absolutely no sense considering what we were talking about. If it wasn't for leaked stuff, there'd be no releases at all.

In my opinion, the main reason there aren't contributions to this section, is because everyone is only developing for themselves. Including you, who I'm guessing sells what he does? Whether or not you actually use what you code, if you profit off it, then you're still just doing it for yourself.

As it says on this thread RaGEZONE, Leaks, & You, "If you don't want your hard work to be stolen and released here then please secure your work".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

In fact it does.
Which developer wants to support a forum where his work and effort are not respected ?

Yes, I am developing things for myself, but this doesn´t mean that I´m not willing to support others.

Greetz

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

In fact it does.
Which developer wants to support a forum where his work and effort are not respected ?

Yes, I am developing things for myself, but this doesn´t mean that I´m not willing to support others.

Greetz
It depends how you act around.
Some people here respect me and my work and ask my things about it etc. And give me a like! /yay!
If you act like an butt#$@ and put backdoors/viruses and so in no one will respect it/you.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score

In fact it does.

Greetz

Because this is the private server world. Your work is based off of stolen work from a company that we shouldn't have in the first place. Your work is respected to an extent, but once it's leaked, the same rules that apply to official files apply to yours. If you don't want your work to be leaked, then take better precautions and ensure it doesn't get re-released here or stolen. It's very possible to do so, just trust the right people and your work will never be stolen.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry to say this, but the rules of Ragezone Forum state that leaked files are completely allowed... The only files that aren't allowed are massively buggy, backdoored, or if they contain viruses. If you have a problem with this, you'll have to take it up with someone higher up. The moderators here aren't responsible for it.

RaGEZONE also doesn't support hacking, which contradicts its support for users that release hacked files. This is basically the same as saying, "I hate bank robbers, but if you are a bank robber, please give me your stolen money."

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

RaGEZONE also doesn't support hacking, which contradicts its support for users that release hacked files. This is basically the same as saying, "I hate bank robbers, but if you are a bank robber, please give me your stolen money."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 'hacked files' fall under the category of 'backdoored'? Hacking itself would be more like hacking tools (like when the source for Infiltration was released, although oddly it was allowed).

Or when you say 'hacked files' did you mean files that were stolen via hacking? Isn't that how the Flyff Official Source was obtained?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

So, with that said Ragezone should close, all private servers should close...

Happy?

Loyal Member
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 'hacked files' fall under the category of 'backdoored'? Hacking itself would be more like hacking tools (like when the source for Infiltration was released, although oddly it was allowed).

Or when you say 'hacked files' did you mean files that were stolen via hacking? Isn't that how the Flyff Official Source was obtained?

Yes, I mean files that were stolen via hacking. Every "official file" release was obtained by hacking the official hosts or developers.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/dragon-nest-835872/#post7248458

So, with that said Ragezone should close, all private servers should close...

Happy?

My example wasn't implying that hacking is "wrong" in my opinion. I just don't believe RaGEZONE should so openly support releases of hacked(official) files without supporting the actual act of hacking into official companies.

So basically the only files that should be in the release section is the clean source?

The clean source is "massively buggy" by my standards as well. There are a few releases here that don't have many bugs, but probably less than 30.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

My example wasn't implying that hacking is "wrong" in my opinion. I just don't believe RaGEZONE should so openly support releases of hacked(official) files without supporting the actual act of hacking into official companies.

If they support the hacking itself, give out tutorials on it etc then it would more than likely give them trouble. Supporting hacked files that they didn't hack ain't something companies can attack them for. They didn't hack, they didn't teach how to hack, they simply just share the files taht someone obtained outside ragezone.

Loyal Member
Reaction score

If they support the hacking itself, give out tutorials on it etc then it would more than likely give them trouble. Supporting hacked files that they didn't hack ain't something companies can attack them for. They didn't hack, they didn't teach how to hack, they simply just share the files taht someone obtained outside ragezone.

Lol, hacking practice is perfectly legal. Hosting links to copyrighted software(server files) on the otherhand is a very serious offense in almost any country. RaGEZONE is more illegal than thepiratebay considering you can upload directly to RaGEZONE servers.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He's got a point, it's a real controversy. Hacking is a very broad term and can be used for positive reasons, which is why it's not strictly illegal. It really depends on what you're doing.

Well, this discussion was kinda cluttering the other thread (Reviving this section), so I thought it would be best to move everything over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Leaked/ files obtained by hacking are allowed to be released. Since it has been accepted here by most people :eek:tt1:
We all know what happend to Glaphanking for not allowing that :/:

Things that contains backdoors/viruses etc. Aren't allowed. Why give the community a virus or a backdoor by using one of your things.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MisterKid, that's the point of what mootie said. Ragezone doesn't support hacking, so anything directly related to hacking (like tools for it) isn't allowed. But stuff that's obtained via hacking is allowed. It's very contradictory.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why would you allow hacking tools here. It isn't a hacking development forum :S.
New guy starts pserver: Files from ragezone.
Another guy hacks new guy pServer: Hacking tools from ragezone.
That won't make any sense to me :s.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're still missing the point. Ragezone doesn't support hacking, but it does allow stuff that was gotten through hacking.

All me and mootie are saying, is that they don't like hacking, but files achieved through hacking are okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back