Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CSers/Donors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Omg..I didn't even tryed to learn to change the source. I'm now out of flyff forever.

Well I think when I started playing flyff the "Repair of weapons" was already removed from flyff. But I think that's just AMAZING.

However, In my opinion eflyff actually is only good for donators... That's it...lol

Cheers.

Since when was eFlyff a charity? If you buy GPotatoes, you're a CSer, not a donor.

I feel you, Flyff at his best. I used to stuck one of my hotkeys all night to skill a buff on my RM. God I miss these good old days.

Imo if a server can manage to get all those old features back, it would be the number one Flyff (really low rates).

This is nostalgia and nothing more. Can you ask yourself why it would be enjoyable to stick one of your F-Keys down? The skill system was extremely unfair to people who didn't use the AFK skill-spamming method and the people that did use the method would have gotten bored after a month or so of it.

This is the reason the Flyff community is crap, because the game is too old and players act as though the oldest versions were the best. This makes everyone sad to play the current version(even the new players) because the old players keep QQing about the past and how much better it was.

If it weren't for the community, v18 tops v6-7 in almost every way except the PK system in my opinion. If everyone would stop living in the past and just enjoy the game as it is now, Flyff would seem much more alive and would be a lot more enjoyable.

Also a v6-lowrate server would die because there wouldn't be any way for it to get over 150 CCU and create a stable economy. Even a server with 500+ average CCU feels empty to some. I really wish people would think about what they're typing before they post it.

Oh and for the record, DemonFlyff had v6 PK fully integrated into v16 files and it didn't gain much attention because it didn't appeal to newer players.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Re: Wow...How did everything in flyff development changed so fast?

Since when was eFlyff a charity? If you buy GPotatoes, you're a CSer, not a donor.
Game's a f2p mmo so the more you pay the better you play. Even PServers do it. How you think they stay in business so long?

This is nostalgia and nothing more. Can you ask yourself why it would be enjoyable to stick one of your F-Keys down? The skill system was extremely unfair to people who didn't use the AFK skill-spamming method and the people that did use the method would have gotten bored after a month or so of it.
You obviously weren't one of the thousands of people who loved this system and still do to this day. Explain to me why it wouldn't be a bad thing learning AOE skills much earlier on than waiting until a certain level. Leveling skills took time, as well as patience. Sticking a key was only good if you spend hours at the game and even then I didn't see the use of it. I didn't skill spam hardly at all. I used my skills either solo or pars in which is what made the game as unique as ever. The only thing unbalanced where the pkers and ksers who were unrelenting on a PK channel.

This is the reason the Flyff community is crap, because the game is too old and players act as though the oldest versions were the best. This makes everyone sad to play the current version(even the new players) because the old players keep QQing about the past and how much better it was.
So then why keep beating a dead horse. Why not reinvent the game with new, better quests, a better skill system and overall game mechanics more suited to your younger generations needs.

If it weren't for the community, v18 tops v6-7 in almost every way except the PK system in my opinion. If everyone would stop living in the past and just enjoy the game as it is now, Flyff would seem much more alive and would be a lot more enjoyable.
The game. sucks. butt now and has since v9. All they do is release poop for people 100 levels and up. Once in a while they get thrown a bone but for the most part if you can't shell out GPots faster than your parents can make money, the game is so mediocre. The ones getting shafted are new players and players who are not that high and won't be for a while. That is why the game sucks. The way of life in game is unbalanced for non donators/CSers as it would be for a real player.

Also a v6-lowrate server would die because there wouldn't be any way for it to get over 150 CCU and create a stable economy. Even a server with 500+ average CCU feels empty to some. I really wish people would think about what they're typing before they post it.
Yea I agree with low rates being a bad idea.

Oh and for the record, DemonFlyff had v6 PK fully integrated into v16 files and it didn't gain much attention because it didn't appeal to newer players.
It didn't appeal to people because it wasn't marketed right. Hell you got buy some people off, make phony testimonials, or even make a freakin game out of using the system. That is why it failed. The PK system is genius and done right adds flavor to any pserver.

Just take a moment to reflect on something. In Star Wars Galaxies people loved the battle system for years. When they updated to the new system almost HALF the players left the game and it nearly killed the game. Take Flyff. People absolutely loved the v6 skill system. I challenge people to find other mmo that use this type of system. Its what drew me in. Now when they changed it in v7, TONS of players left the game because they worked so hard to get their skills up and now all they got in return was points for it. Some players even had to give up skills learned early on because of it. Now I ask you. Where is the fairness in that. Why would go do this: "Well I applaud you for your hard work at making your character learn all their skills before lv70 so here is 300 points and we'll need to take back half your skills as its unfair to new players."

Its not our fault certain people couldn't focus for more than 3 seconds on actually training a character.

Flyff Developer
Reaction score

Game's a f2p mmo so the more you pay the better you play. Even PServers do it. How you think they stay in business so long?

You misunderstood what he was saying. He was merely commenting on the fact that the person attributed "eFlyff" with "donating"

You don't donate to eFlyff, you buy from them. Pservers get donations.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Dude. You can write off that poop on your taxes. Since the game is free and no one is making you buy anything, giving money in exchange for credits is considered a charity by technical standards.

I donate to PBS once a year and I get something in return like DVDs, tshirts, coffee mugs, etc. Its a donation with perks and nothing less.

The only time it isn't considered donating is when you Pay to Play like Wow, and SWG does.

Reaction score

You obviously weren't one of the thousands of people who loved this system and still do to this day. Explain to me why it wouldn't be a bad thing learning AOE skills much earlier on than waiting until a certain level. Leveling skills took time, as well as patience. Sticking a key was only good if you spend hours at the game and even then I didn't see the use of it. I didn't skill spam hardly at all. I used my skills either solo or pars in which is what made the game as unique as ever. The only thing unbalanced where the pkers and ksers who were unrelenting on a PK channel.

So then why keep beating a dead horse. Why not reinvent the game with new, better quests, a better skill system and overall game mechanics more suited to your younger generations needs.

The game. sucks. butt now and has since v9. All they do is release poop for people 100 levels and up. Once in a while they get thrown a bone but for the most part if you can't shell out GPots faster than your parents can make money, the game is so mediocre. The ones getting shafted are new players and players who are not that high and won't be for a while. That is why the game sucks. The way of life in game is unbalanced for non donators/CSers as it would be for a real player.

Yea I agree with low rates being a bad idea.

It didn't appeal to people because it wasn't marketed right. Hell you got buy some people off, make phony testimonials, or even make a freakin game out of using the system. That is why it failed. The PK system is genius and done right adds flavor to any pserver.

Just take a moment to reflect on something. In Star Wars Galaxies people loved the battle system for years. When they updated to the new system almost HALF the players left the game and it nearly killed the game. Take Flyff. People absolutely loved the v6 skill system. I challenge people to find other mmo that use this type of system. Its what drew me in. Now when they changed it in v7, TONS of players left the game because they worked so hard to get their skills up and now all they got in return was points for it. Some players even had to give up skills learned early on because of it. Now I ask you. Where is the fairness in that. Why would go do this: "Well I applaud you for your hard work at making your character learn all their skills before lv70 so here is 300 points and we'll need to take back half your skills as its unfair to new players."

Its not our fault certain people couldn't focus for more than 3 seconds on actually training a character.

You even admitted your max level on eFlyff was lv5x awhile ago. You obviously don't know what you're talking about, I had a lv95 by v7 and now have a lv134 on eFlyff. How is a system that favors players who leave their computers on for unreasonable amounts of time, fun in any way? I can't even believe I have to argue this topic. It's completely absurd.

Dude. You can write off that poop on your taxes. Since the game is free and no one is making you buy anything, giving money in exchange for credits is considered a charity by technical standards.

I donate to PBS once a year and I get something in return like DVDs, tshirts, coffee mugs, etc. Its a donation with perks and nothing less.

The only time it isn't considered donating is when you Pay to Play like Wow, and SWG does.

A company like Gala would need to register as a charity to get those tax cuts, which would severely limit their corporation in terms of functionality and profit. The only way they could register as any sort of "charity" would be a Not-For-Profit organization and that wouldn't last long either with their amount of income.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

1. I admitted to one char in particular long ago. I had one on each server. Said char was active up until the v7 change. You just hated the system in every way. I hate the new system in everyway. You can't even admit the fact that it is a good system let along unique. You don't like to argue about the flyff past but you do anyway. That's absurd. You take ONE flaw for your reasoning behind your hatred of said system.

2. I have been writing off my donations to them since 2005 when I figured it out. Not for Profit means they don't take a profit themselves. However, they do have to pay for server costs, developer salaries, keep the place running, etc. I run a Not for Profit company which shall remain nameless because its irrelevant to anything RageZone. I know the tax laws and what qualifies as Non Profit. We pay our employees, and cost of operations but I and my co founder cannot take a profit of any kind. And you don't have to register as one to get tax write-offs. The govt in America is so vague its so easy to do. Its also easy for your "network" to register as one because you take money for operation cost. However, gala can and does stop any website, pserver resembling such actions even though its legal. They still have a say. Plus it paints a big red target on your back for legal problems being an illegal server and all. But thats a different subject.

Now that that is out of the way, this whole conversation is starting to go off topic. I'm not speaking more on this so don't bother trying to stir up trouble. thanks.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Are you kidding? In my opinion a CSer or a donor is all the same, you pay to be the boss of the game.

I also take to say that most of the high rate servers totally suck. Even your server was simple perfect with low rates. Now it went like the others (high rates). I used to visit your website just because I loved the way the server was working. But right now I don't do that at all since you changed it. I understand that nowadays it's hard to have a low rates server but the server just lost his "honor", but that's only my opinion.

I'm not sure, but I think some time ago you were complaining about high rates servers here in RageZone, but you are like them now.

Cheers

Last edited:
Banana
Reaction score

Are you kidding? In my opinion a CSer or a donor is all the same, you pay to be the boss of the game.

There is no such thing as a "fair" F2P video game. You will never find one in your entire life that favors players as much as CS'ers. CS'ers pay the server bills and receive awards, normal players play for free and have to work for the awards. Either way you have to work. Do you think CS'ers somehow magically achieve money from a magic ball? They have to work IRL to earn their money that they spend on the game they love. While you QQ on your lazy butt "working" on killing bosses, a.k.a. pressing buttons while you sit on a chair, most CS'ers (excluding spoiled kids) work for their money. Stop hating what you can't achieve and go get a job.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

There is no such thing as a "fair" F2P video game. You will never find one in your entire life that favors players as much as CS'ers. CS'ers pay the server bills and receive awards, normal players play for free and have to work for the awards. Either way you have to work. Do you think CS'ers somehow magically achieve money from a magic ball? They have to work IRL to earn their money that they spend on the game they love. While you QQ on your lazy butt "working" on killing bosses, a.k.a. pressing buttons while you sit on a chair, most CS'ers (excluding spoiled kids) work for their money. Stop hating what you can't achieve and go get a job.

First of all, I can't get a job because I'm too young. But I still work as much as you.

Second, I know how hard it's to host something without donations. But I was particulary talking about those Ducking servers that make cs items with +50000000000000000000 stats for donators. That's what I mean.

Flyff Developer
Reaction score

First of all, I can't get a job because I'm too young. But I still work as much as you.

Second, I know how hard it's to host something without donations. But I was particulary talking about those Ducking servers that make cs items with +50000000000000000000 stats for donators. That's what I mean.

I can't stand those servers as well.

On my server, donators of course get premium items with their purchases. But I limit those items to a respectable range. For example, you can't buy the 135 armors or weapons from premium, only 125 sets and skeleton weapons (which on my server, are a midpoint between lusaka crystal and ancient). I leave the best equips to be farmed in-game.

Common things, such as minor bonuses (for example, normal amps), or CS clothes are cheap in premium and can also be gotten via Voting Points. By doing this, donators get some extra power, but they're not made definitively better than non donators.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

most servers regard donors as way superior to regular players. I've seen them so unbalanced its pathetic. One server went as far as putting all the Lusaka, and Skeleton items in the CS Shop at ridiculous prices knowing donors would buy them. That's no way to run it. But I'm sure there are bound to be one or two people who would disagree with me. Eh.

It may look good on paper, but the CS shop should be about getting rewarded with some fun items, like exp multipliers, stat multipliers, fashion sets, and the high level sets as well as get them through red chip sales. Having it any less is just plain greedy and is not what a pserver is all about.

Reaction score

I also take to say that most of the high rate servers totally suck. Even your server was simple perfect with low rates. Now it went like the others (high rates). I used to visit your website just because I loved the way the server was working. But right now I don't do that at all since you changed it. I understand that nowadays it's hard to have a low rates server but the server just lost his "honor", but that's only my opinion.

I'm not sure, but I think some time ago you were complaining about high rates servers here in RageZone, but you are like them now.

Cheers

CSers and players who "donate" to private servers are very similar, but have distinct differences. I find calling players, who pay money to get in-game items, "donators" or "donors" to be ridiculous regardless of whether it's a private server or official. You also don't get to "be the boss" of the game by paying money unless the private server is horridly corrupt.

If you look on various servers(such as Monster), you will find that many of the top PVPers(with top-tier equipment) have never paid money. I agree with what GK said for once. Cash shop should be for bonus items and relatively cheap.

FtwHoly, you seem to be targeting my server with rude and ignorant comments. I will respond as such, MonsterFlyff takes longer to level 1-175 than 1-121 on FlyForFame("25x"). 1-140 may seem quick, but this is to get more players participating in PVP and other end-game content. On eFlyff, there are now amps that give 10x EXP. Almost any MMORPG(even WoW) speeds up leveling as newer end-game content is released. But why?

When an MMORPG adds a level extension or content extension, the total time required to max out your character increases, usually significantly. At this point, many old players have already reached near the old max level, and will spend most of their time on the new content. This causes the player population over lower level areas to thin out, which is usually harmful to the new players' gaming experience due to not being able to find leveling parties etc.

The solution is either to create a "rebirth system", such as the "Master System" in Flyff, or to speed up the leveling/farming process. I chose the later v15-v18, as did eFlyff, because the "rebirth system" option was already used in v10 when eFlyff encountered this issue. The "Master System" forced players to re-level from lv60-120, which allowed for them to partner with newer non-master players. Speeding up the leveling/farming process allows players to reach endgame content faster. There are other solutions to this dilemma of course, but I have found these two to be most effective.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Its not about whether you are a "boss" of the server but you do have an unfair advantage over a player unwilling to pay real money. I don't see where the speed up is in eflyff. Even with a contri party it still takes ages to level. And unless you are willing to spend $50 or more a month in GPots, you aren't going to level very fast. Even if you plopped your butt in front of the computer and started leveling, it still takes way longer than it would in WoW. WoW's leveling system is not a grind fest and you don't need to stack hundreds of amps just to get more than a 0.001% increase each time you battle.

If they want a "solution" to the problem, they best fix the entire grinding issue because many people do not like it and still complain to this day. However, other kids will still use mom and dad's money to get as high as they can as fast as they can.

If you ask me, the entire game was screwed up permanently with the addition of the Pang Buffer. Private servers abused this so much that it nearly made the Ringmasters extinct or almost non existent. You shouldn't speak for every single MMO because they are not at all alike in gameplay. If they were flyff would be up in the top 5 MMO of all time and unless I'm mistaken it is not. Wow still tops the charts. Hell, even Maplestrory and Habbo are up in the top 10. Flyff shoots its own self in the foot because it only listens to its donors and high rollers about what they want in a consecutive release.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

It's all about opinions, and I'm not targeting your server with rude and ignorant comments, I was just expressing my opinion.

However I agree with GK. Buff pang somehow "killed" ringmaster.

If it were removed from the game would get much more fair.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Banana
Reaction score

It's all about opinions, and I'm not targeting your server with rude and ignorant comments, I was just expressing my opinion.

However I agree with GK. Buff pang somehow "killed" ringmaster.

If it were removed from the game would get much more fair.

:thumbup::thumbup:

There is absolutely nothing more miserable in Flyff than stalking a grindwhore for 12 hours straight every day until the day you die to level up without any breaks. There is also nothing more Ducking annoying than having to search for hours for a ringmaster and having a large chance of finding an unreliable one that leaves within seconds or doesn't know how to buff and heal you.

However, your statement is wrong. Ringmasters do have a purpose. Buff pangs can't heal or debuff or HC. Ringmasters can. Therefore Ringmasters have a purpose and they never died like you claim.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

There is absolutely nothing more miserable in Flyff than stalking a grindwhore for 12 hours straight every day until the day you die to level up without any breaks. There is also nothing more Ducking annoying than having to search for hours for a ringmaster and having a large chance of finding an unreliable one that leaves within seconds or doesn't know how to buff and heal you.

However, your statement is wrong. Ringmasters do have a purpose. Buff pangs can't heal or debuff or HC. Ringmasters can. Therefore Ringmasters have a purpose and they never died like you claim.

Well that's my opinion, I remember when I still played in private servers, it was freaking hard to find a good ringmaster. Most of them equiped it to be a "BP". That's just...no words..

Reaction score
Re: CSer's/Donors

You buy gPotato @gpotato.com(credits)
With those credits you bought you be able to get cs items.

So buying gpotato's is NOT donating money.
You pay to get something.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

I think they mean ringmasters have a less role then they did before, before private servers introduced Buff Pang, Ringmaster's had a huge role and impact on leveling at low levels, now they really don't.

0xC0FFEE
Reaction score
Re: CSer's/Donors

Basically, FlyFF's f2p model is horrible because you buy power directly, which is never a good idea for f2p games.
A good f2p game should have no things that give paying players unfair advantages, it should basically give players the option to improve their characters by still making them work for it a good bit and give f2p players alternatives to what the paying players have but has to do a bit more work.
A good example is League of Legends which has 2 currencies, basically one currency which you buy for real money and one currency which you earn in-game. Sometimes the earned currency is even easier to get than the paid one. There are also no differences to what you can buy with the currencies except that you can buy a bit more things with the earned currency than the paid.
That is what a good f2p model is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back