Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Universe

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Devs are really cool for making this shine and it runs in the browser, but Gala's take over ruined it already. Greedy cash shop, no customer care, typical low rates and no PvP or any good endgame content.

Afaik, we need a server leak before a pserver scene can thrive. How did this happen with Flyff PC and how likely is getting a leak in the first place?

Someone told me they just ported the game without recoding everything, but I'm not sure, actually. I wonder about your two cents in this topic.

Thanks in advance!

Staff member
Reaction score
It's pretty smooth how they run it.

Probably not very likely to leak, official sources leaked a long time ago. But who knows if they get hacked or some developer is mad and releases everything. It would be fun to fully run it in the browsers when it's stable enough. Probably a lot more secure too.

Also, I don't think you can easily re-use everything just by porting. Engine remake or some kind of migration is more likely.

Last edited:

nck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Aishiro
I wonder if anyone has more details on technology/engine?
Are win32/mfc/directx parts just using some kind of translation layer (e.g. ) or is everything re-written from scratch? How is (and which parts of) the original source integrated with web apis? Is the engine emulating original source's functionality/structure or is it clean-slate custom engine and if so, how does it integrate original c++ game logic with the new parts? How is multithreading handled?
It seems it uses SDL for input and OpenAL for sound?

Sorry just curious :tongue:

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I highly doubt a Universe-P Server would last long.
I don't think Gala will accept that concept a second time xD

Once they reach the state of milking whales endlessly, they will. New players will not play official, because it will be too hard to catch up, but whales will stay, because they invested so much. With enough p servers around, the effort will be too strong, if the official game cannot be attractive for new players in any case.

So, I'm optimistic. Management seems to be the same, as they repeat their mistakes in terms of economy, why they would not on other fields as well?

You are asking the right questions!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Once they reach the state of milking whales endlessly, they will. New players will not play official, because it will be too hard to catch up, but whales will stay, because they invested so much. With enough p servers around, the effort will be too strong, if the official game cannot be attractive for new players in any case.

So, I'm optimistic. Management seems to be the same, as they repeat their mistakes in terms of economy, why they would not on other fields as well?

You are asking the right questions!

They are doing everything correctly if you see it as company.
They‘re generating Money, a shitton of Money.

Aslong they generate alot Money they will continue to care alot which means they will probably just sue every mobile P Server.

You dont need to be a genious to see that

Back