Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Question as what source to use as "A fun playground project"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm frankly new to flyff development, but i manged to set myself up a local server for fun purpose, by following Ketchup's release! However! I would like to ask, if there was a way to play/use a diffrent version source, that has alot of "cool" and "new" modifications, as of which i mean, by tweaks/new additions to the game, where should i start looking? i mean i browsed trough Ketchup's thread here on ragezone, but each source seems to have simular ish features so i dont really know which one i should choose from. Would there be one particular custom source, that anyone would recomend me as fun mini hobby playground?

Note, i do not plan on releasing any servers, i just want to play around for myself in a enviroment with alot of custom stuff thats already been in place, using a custom and modified flyff source. Could anyone recomend me/send me in the correct direction on which source they would recomend me, that people can vouch for is good for fun testing etc. Note, as mentioned, it doesnt matter if its full of exploits, or backdroos, as i dont plan on opening any servers, but just want a playful testing enviroment to waste some time on :)

I hope you guys could list me some really cool custom sources, that you could advice me to check out ^^

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Reaction score
I like how you think and I have been in the same position as you, so from experience I want to tell you this.

Download a clean, untouched source. I would start with Ketchups, clean v15, 18, or 19 source.
With the latest Visual studio, since the newer, the better right.

From there start to edit small things, or big things doesn't matter.
Get some different sources, randomly, see what they have and include their "custom source" in the clean one.
There will be problems from time to time, as always there is with programming, but keep on going.

Keep backups and backups of your backups before editing anything, will be needed.
Sometimes you will be stuck and nothing will work, either find where the problem is or unpack one of your backups and start over :)

Find something in the game you like, make it better.
When you copy over different modifications, they are most likely buggy as hell, make them better.

Can't really tell you much for what to do, but like I said in the beginning, start with a clean source, either of Flyff V15 or newer V19. (21?).

When you have an idea of how the source is built, you can start to make your own modifications, addons and whatnot.

Don't be afraid to ask for help in this forum, even thought it seems like theres no one here, there are a lot of people just watching and hiding hueuhe

Back