Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stable Server Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello there RaGEZONERS!

I just want to simply discuss about the best, much stable and lesser bug Server Files that is/are currently released here in Flyff Section.

What do newbies have to use in order to have a much stable rookie server? :thumbup1:

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello there RaGEZONERS!

I just want to simply discuss about the best, much stable and lesser bug Server Files that is/are currently released here in Flyff Section.

What do newbies have to use in order to have a much stable rookie server? :thumbup1:

How many players do you plan to hold online and for how long w/o restarting? And what qualifies as "stable"? Pretty much any source will be "stable" enough to hold < 300 players online for around a week average w/o restart. If you want higher performance, there are some modifications that need to be made to v15 base that I haven't seen in any repack.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How many players do you plan to hold online and for how long w/o restarting? And what qualifies as "stable"? Pretty much any source will be "stable" enough to hold < 300 players online for around a week average w/o restart. If you want higher performance, there are some modifications that need to be made to v15 base that I haven't seen in any repack.
This.
But try to get 300+ players.
That won't be possible there are p-servers that are too big atm.

As tip for some stable server files I suggest the first released v15 source files without any edits. The "Clean" had some problems (I heard).
Then add the things yourself it won't be hard just some trial and error and debugging too make it work on the newer (v18)resource files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I am planning to have a BIG Private Server 24/7 online. I just can't decide what server files do I have to use because I still a rookie.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can't just decide that you're gonna make a big server.
It's marketing and skill involved and you seem to have no skill considering you can't even decide what files to use.
None of the files released have the features, nor the optimization required to either bring in or support a lot of players.

Unless you're sitting on a pile of cash, you're destined to fail.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know I have no skills, I am deciding to learn from every person that has pure talent. I may not have the skills yet, but don't you worry, I am going to be a BSIT student this coming june. I will finish this course and will be making my own without the support of others. For now, I just want to learn from others because they are pros. :thumbup:

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I love how people who go to school in the field automatically assume they will become expert in it.
It takes a LOT of effort and time to really get skilled.
Unless you just wanna mindlessly do poop without thinking it through, but whatever.

Good luck.

Reaction score
I know I have no skills, I am deciding to learn from every person that has pure talent. I may not have the skills yet, but don't you worry, I am going to be a BSIT student this coming june. I will finish this course and will be making my own without the support of others. For now, I just want to learn from others because they are pros. :thumbup:

I know a few people with Bachelors degrees that have failed miserably at running a mmorpg server, There's alot of work and time required to even begin let alone become successful it is not something that can easily be done by one person assuming that one person could even do it at all.

You should learn to program and seek a server to work for if you really want to learn also you should practice your written communication skills as the best way to be part of a big server is seem as professional as possible good luck to you.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know a few people with Bachelors degrees that have failed miserably at running a mmorpg server, There's alot of work and time required to even begin let alone become successful it is not something that can easily be done by one person assuming that one person could even do it at all.

I can do almost everything that's required to run a server all by myself. Only problem with that, is doing it all alone is slow and time consuming lol
But finding someone to help with it (the coding side of stuff, not in-game GMs who only want it for the powers) who is not only skilled but also trustworthy, is simply not easy. (I only have one person helping me atm, and he only does mapping and some graphics/website stuff, although he doesn't know a thing about PHP).

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
But try to get 300+ players.
That won't be possible there are p-servers that are too big atm.
nothing is impossible with a good concept. but if you talk about his possibilities, i agree.

I am planning to have a BIG Private Server 24/7 online. I just can't decide what server files do I have to use because I still a rookie.
oh, your planning to make a BIG private server, but u are still ROOKIE. i dont kno what u are dreaming on your nights, but it wont become true. It's not easy money business, the only way you could now success is bringing something new into Flyff, because nowadays the game became lame and the competition is big. You need skills, its not fun, its work!
(but if you like the work you can enjoy it, not just your bag if youre successful)
anyway, you will need huge luck on your plans ... in some years u are maybe able to setup a good pserver if u hang on. sorry for destroying your dreams, its just my point of view, dont take it personal.

I can do almost everything that's required to run a server all by myself. Only problem with that, is doing it all alone is slow and time consuming lol
But finding someone to help with it (the coding side of stuff, not in-game GMs who only want it for the powers) who is not only skilled but also trustworthy, is simply not easy. (I only have one person helping me atm, and he only does mapping and some graphics/website stuff, although he doesn't know a thing about PHP).
hm im curious ... , if i wouldnt be taken i would go on you now :/

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
oh, your planning to make a BIG private server, but u are still ROOKIE. i dont kno what u are dreaming on your nights, but it wont become true. It's not easy money business, the only way you could now success is bringing something new into Flyff, because nowadays the game became lame and the competition is big. You need skills, its not fun, its work!
(but if you like the work you can enjoy it, not just your bag if youre successful)
anyway, you will need huge luck on your plans ... in some years u are maybe able to setup a good pserver if u hang on. sorry for destroying your dreams, its just my point of view, dont take it personal.

Lmfao, I love how you make running a private server the most impossible thing for anyone that calls themselves a 'Rookie'. Ragezone is full with spoonfed tutorials and other poop that people can learn very fast off if they have the mind power for it. It just takes a little time thats all.

OP: Good luck! :D

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lmfao, I love how you make running a private server the most impossible thing for anyone that calls themselves a 'Rookie'. Ragezone is full with spoonfed tutorials and other poop that people can learn very fast off if they have the mind power for it. It just takes a little time thats all.

Creating a successful private server takes more than some crappy spoonfed tutorials on how to add Colosseum to source.
You need to know how to market your server, and add unique stuff to the server.
Just take a look at Monster, do you think they got to where they are now by reading tutorials on Ragezone and copy-pasting source code?
No, it took hard work and real skill.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
LTD rev 5 fixed work without crash server durring 1 month (i have stop the server after for update server :p )

But i think is better to create your files ...

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LTD rev 5 fixed work without crash server durring 1 month (i have stop the server after for update server :p )

v15 base source can do the same, the issue is with many players online.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
lol am I the only one that thinks this sounds a little dirty?
ops ops ^_^ didnt mean that hihi

i was talking about running a BIG pserver. although he leaves the rookie status if he reads enough tutorials and learn alot. but for a big server i give him 4 years. xD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Are those files stable? I really need stable files or less bugged files xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i admire your dream, but all these people are right you have a lot of work ahead of you, especially if your doing it alone. I myself have pretty much trashed my dream of owning a pserver, because there are currently to many of them, and unless you have skills in coding and 3D object making your server will fall short (very short) of even being a good server that people play. i had decided to just learn as much as i can about c++, c#, directX, openGL, and SQL, so that i can create my own game and do some developing for flyff to post here(i do have some great ideas that i have yet to see in flyff that i will be working on and post for people). althought i will still continue to give to the razezone community with scripts that ill make while learning c++ just because i do like the game and want to help, iv moved on to better more important things to learn in the world of game development that will help me with my original game ideas. in my opinion you should focus on learning to code right and do a little bit of 3d modeling.
personally i think flyff needs a overhaul, there are many aspects of it that make it unbalanced for pvp, like asal, high level caps, echos of weary, and many other things (pvp is most important to me in MMO games, because it adds better replay value to the game and makes it a lot more fun)
Ryno

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
personally i think flyff needs a overhaul, there are many aspects of it that make it unbalanced for pvp, like asal, high level caps, echos of weary, and many other things (pvp is most important to me in MMO games, because it adds better replay value to the game and makes it a lot more fun)
Ryno
a fact we already got is flyff gets old, and the current servers are giving lame possibilities. the engine is neat, thats all, flyff needs a refresh on the source, totally.
ryno, im sure u gonna become a good programmer anytime (i dont mean the skills, i mean the point of view on the dev zone), because you understand where we stay with flyff. we are staying bad, and alone nobody will get further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back