Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Voting pingback + altering vote counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As we all know some servers really has this thing and is keen for vote counts. Have you ever or will you ever add this feature in your website to fool proof skids?

Proxy voting, I have come to think if it is really possible to code something for a proxy system to vote every x time with different kind of IP's just for the vote counts to go up rapidly.

If you have something to discuss about please do so, I want to hear you out too.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but felt i needed to respond :)

The thing is, do you really need a ping back from a site to tell you if someones voted? True it helps you get votes and makes it impossible for people to just click the link and not actually vote.

But if votes are that important to you and you don't have enough players to ensure you get enough votes a day, then yes ping back is a good thing. However i believe most top100 sites have anti-bot policies, therefore using one could be risky but not impossible.

Owner
Reaction score
Why use an vote as ip based? Why not on Username?
They still can click without voting but changing ip adress has no use cause its checking on the username instead of ip.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Why use an vote as IP based? Why not on Username?
They still can click without voting but changing IP address has no use cause its checking on the username instead of IP.

Or simply make one that relies on both! My current voting system uses Username, IP and Character they selected for their rewards to go to. That way it is very difficult to "Cheat" the system and the rewards they get aren't tradable. Pure security there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back