New FlyFF Server Website Design

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    MC Web Designs Matt Clarke is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    UKLocation
    936Posts

    New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Hey guys, well, I havent released something for a while, I did at one point say I was quiting the section, but I aint so lucky you guys ;). So basically today i am releasing my design I have made for a flyff website. The website is 100% designed by me, and some coding is Stefan Pfeifer's so credit to him. The website is fully coded PHP / HTML / CSS so all you need to do is edit the config.inc.php.

    I do have some thoughts for future updates such as a sidebar with the server information, server information etc. But that will come within time as I have school and such to divise my time too.

    Okay so here is some images of the website:

    Index.php:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    Register.php:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    Download.php:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    Chat.php:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    Staff.php:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    Hope that is enough information for you guys.

    Download: Custom Ragezone Design.rar

    If you could, could you please leave constructive critisism so I can improve more, thanks guys and have fun!
    Last edited by Matt Clarke; 21-04-12 at 10:56 AM.


  2.  
  3. #2
    Account Inactive Saurus is offline
    InactiveRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    35Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Very appealing to my eyes. I think its pretty good but its kind of a small layout, other than that I love it.

  4. #3
    MC Web Designs Matt Clarke is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    UKLocation
    936Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Very appealing to my eyes. I think its pretty good but its kind of a small layout, other than that I love it.
    Thanks, yea the layout it a tad small, thats why when I eventualy get round to updating it I will extend the lenghts and add a sidebar with all sorts of info.

  5. #4
    Flyff Developer ShadowDragon is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    1,927Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    That looks pretty cool, but I can see the sharp corners of the rounded box edges and it sorta bugs me xD

  6. #5
    audisbroder is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Not foundLocation
    1,165Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Your design are so good mate. I have nofthing to say. I can only tell you, nice website.

  7. #6
    MC Web Designs Matt Clarke is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    UKLocation
    936Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon42 View Post
    That looks pretty cool, but I can see the sharp corners of the rounded box edges and it sorta bugs me xD
    Yea haha, I'm not sure what is causing that because the CSS doesnt have a background on that div tag, the image has enough room so the drop-shadow isnt causing it. Must just be a little bug I guess. Thanks mate ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jellcent View Post
    Your design are so good mate. I have nofthing to say. I can only tell you, nice website.
    Thanks haha :)

  8. #7
    !@#$%^&*() Langstra is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    Among heroesLocation
    478Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    I think the website is pretty empty, you only make use of the middle content part. I think you should also use the left and right sides.
    Webdeveloper - Skilled in HTML, CSS, PHP and JS
    Founder and retired owner of Rebirth of Clockworks
    Click here to get a free VPS - Simply signup and receive!

  9. #8
    ॐ.̲̲N̲̲E̲̲T̲̲ ̲̲D̲̲e̲̲v̲̲ שเ๒єtгเ๒є is offline
    True MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    C:\inetpub\Location
    915Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    i must agree with langstra, its empty, a good pserver needs a strong homepage at least, at u i see the modern desert.

  10. #9
    audisbroder is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Not foundLocation
    1,165Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Quote Originally Posted by VibeTribe View Post
    i must agree with langstra, its empty, a good pserver needs a strong homepage at least, at u i see the modern desert.
    I agree 2 with Langstra about the left & right side content. But is not ment to be empty? The server owner have to put updates&news/etc. And after he/she have put some updates/news the site won't look empty.

  11. #10
    MC Web Designs Matt Clarke is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    UKLocation
    936Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Thanks for the comments. As I did state at the thread description, in upcoming updates I will be adding siebars and things. But the index.php and things have tables, so you can just extend the width of the table for your news and events. Also, I didnt want to fill the gaps in, because I think it would have looked compacted and too pushed together. Again, thanks for the constructive comments :)

  12. #11
    Now you can tag me! Detox is offline
    SupervisorRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    1,870Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Good as always, nuff said. ;3

    You simply keep improving for each release you do.


    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
    [The Battle of Immortals] [Dragon Nest] [Forsaken World] [Jade Dynasty] [Rose Online] [Warrock]
    [The Portfolio][MMORPG Extra][Merchant Zone][Free MMO Servers]
    [The Headquarters] [Forum Rules]

  13. #12
    Account Inactive RynoKabbage is offline
    InactiveRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    Lakeland, FloriLocation
    140Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    i love it. very nice. i will not use your design because i dont want to copy you. but i did DL the release to used some of the php code if you dont mind. my only suggestion would be to add a login for users. i think you will need one anyways if people are to donate.

    again nice job its prefect to me.
    Last edited by RynoKabbage; 22-04-12 at 08:53 PM.

  14. #13
    MC Web Designs Matt Clarke is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    UKLocation
    936Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Thanks guys haha, appreciate it. I did make a login, but I took it out. Hopefully in the other updates I will be adding it. I'll also be making a panel where you can view your characters stats etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by ๖̶̶̶ۣۜYyZz View Post
    Good as always, nuff said. ;3

    You simply keep improving for each release you do.
    N'aww you made me smile. Thanks <3 :D

    UPDATE

    I have now made the with of the website 970px wide. Now, if any well-experienced web-developer could assist me with some of the CSS i need to do. I want a sidebar at the left hand side, inside the main body of the website. I've tried doing it myself but the website keeps messing up. I've tried floating it, clearing all sides etc but the site just wont have it. So yea, if someone could add my MSN, its on my profile. Thanks!

  15. #14
    ॐ.̲̲N̲̲E̲̲T̲̲ ̲̲D̲̲e̲̲v̲̲ שเ๒єtгเ๒є is offline
    True MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    C:\inetpub\Location
    915Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    as first, if u just want to release a design, dont call the file extentions ".php".
    infact, nobody will use your index.php like u do. programmers are setting up N-TIER models, so the index is rly just an index and doesnt hold information. (GUI, business (service) layer and data access layer are class groups).
    So if you concentrade on designing a page, just use html and css files. a good coder starts with a huge conception instead of extending your php files.


    secondly, if u want to use floating, its not hard to do so. there are many ways of doing it. as first u need a container that starts below the nav and stops before the footer. now u can make 3 divs in it.
    Code:
    <div id="content"><div id="left">left side</div><div id="center">center</div><div id="clear"></div></div>
    now its important u understand that u should float every div to left in the content div, BUT the clear div. this only works if u have a fixed width (so its perfect here).
    Code:
    #content
    {
      width: 970px;
    }
    #left, #center
    {
      float: left;
    }
    #left
    {
      width: 300px;
    }
    #center
    {
      width: 670px;
    }
    by floating these elements to left u will have the problem the parent div wont increase the height by its content.
    for that we got a final div in the container which makes sure, the height will increase of the parent div by simply clear the floats.
    Code:
    #clear
    {
      clear: both;
    }
    other ways are u could just float the left div, and remove the center div, and simply give the parent #container div padding-left like the width of the left div, but i prefer this kind of way.

    if u still got more questions, there is no need to add anybody, just google for container tutorials in css.

  16. #15
    MC Web Designs Matt Clarke is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    UKLocation
    936Posts

    Re: New FlyFF Server Website Design

    Quote Originally Posted by VibeTribe View Post
    as first, if u just want to release a design, dont call the file extentions ".php".
    infact, nobody will use your index.php like u do. programmers are setting up N-TIER models, so the index is rly just an index and doesnt hold information. (GUI, business (service) layer and data access layer are class groups).
    So if you concentrade on designing a page, just use html and css files. a good coder starts with a huge conception instead of extending your php files.


    secondly, if u want to use floating, its not hard to do so. there are many ways of doing it. as first u need a container that starts below the nav and stops before the footer. now u can make 3 divs in it.
    Code:
    <div id="content"><div id="left">left side</div><div id="center">center</div><div id="clear"></div></div>
    now its important u understand that u should float every div to left in the content div, BUT the clear div. this only works if u have a fixed width (so its perfect here).
    Code:
    #content
    {
      width: 970px;
    }
    #left, #center
    {
      float: left;
    }
    #left
    {
      width: 300px;
    }
    #center
    {
      width: 670px;
    }
    by floating these elements to left u will have the problem the parent div wont increase the height by its content.
    for that we got a final div in the container which makes sure, the height will increase of the parent div by simply clear the floats.
    Code:
    #clear
    {
      clear: both;
    }
    other ways are u could just float the left div, and remove the center div, and simply give the parent #container div padding-left like the width of the left div, but i prefer this kind of way.

    if u still got more questions, there is no need to add anybody, just google for container tutorials in css.
    I have tried this many times before, and it does not work. I guess I'll try it again and see though. Also, I know about my PHP files, but I'm not making a perfect website and then releasing it, that would just be silly


  17.  

    Latest Gaming Releases

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Advertisement