Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PAT_LOOTOPTION (Retail PetFilter)

Inactive
Reaction score
I was pretty bored tonight so I figured I would convert the current retail petfilter to our current sources. This has been tested and is working, it's not the worlds greatest pet filter either.

Use winmerge and copy over all the PAT_LOOTOPTION bits to your source and define PAT_LOOTOPTION. It's that easy.

This image is taken from retail so you understand how basic this lol:
View attachment 168785

Pass: RageZone

Anyways, enjoy :tongue:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How it works, compile successfully And entering the game, I didn't find anything changed.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do I have to use a V19 theme? Or i forgot to add something
dddd - PAT_LOOTOPTION (Retail PetFilter) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you! I setup a server for the first time yesterday, and this is one of the main features on the todo list. Now lets see if I can implement this correctly :/:.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey Ketchup, thank you for the release!
I have one error as shown, , and . Everything else is added in successfully and no other errors. I'm not sure how to fix this one tho.

Thank you in advance.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Ketchup, thank you for the release!
I have one error as shown, , and . Everything else is added in successfully and no other errors. I'm not sure how to fix this one tho.

Thank you in advance.

Has nothing to do with Mover.cpp and has everything to do with User.h and where you placed:
Code:
#ifdef PAT_LOOTOPTION
	void	AddPetLootOption();
#endif

I suggest you double check your placement or add public: above the void.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Issue solved by adding public above void.

Am I correct in assuming that by placing it under the guild house, the public above was suppose to "carry over" and make this one as well?

Inactive
Reaction score
Issue solved by adding public above void.

Am I correct in assuming that by placing it under the guild house, the public above was suppose to "carry over" and make this one as well?

Yep :wink:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey,

should it be defined in VersionCommon or kcommon
As soon as I define it in one of this files, I receive the following error. Where to define this number, where is this number? How can I fix this error, please? :?:

Thank you.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Schembo

I added it to both of versioncommons and kcommon and it works perfectly.

Your DPClient.cpp should look like this.

EDIT: See Ketchup's reply, that should do it for you!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@TSquirrel @Ketchup

I completly restored my files and tried it again... still the samme error.
"case value '35092' already used" and he shows it in the following line: 890 in DpClient.cpp with the clean V18 Files.

Error message the same like attached before.

I found now that:
#define SNAPSHOTTYPE_PETLOOTOPTION (WORD)0x8914 in the MsgHdr.h and also there is #define SNAPSHOTTYPE_FF_SET_POSTION_INFO (WORD)0x8914

What to do now??

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
TSquirrel Ketchup

I completly restored my files and tried it again... still the samme error.
"case value '35092' already used" and he shows it in the following line: 890 in DpClient.cpp with the clean V18 Files.

Error message the same like attached before.

Make sure these packets are not defined with the same numbers as something else.
Code:
#ifdef PAT_LOOTOPTION
#define	PACKETTYPE_PETLOOTTYPE_REQ					(DWORD)0xAA000013
#define	SNAPSHOTTYPE_PETLOOTOPTION					(WORD)0x8914
#endif

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Make sure these packets are not defined with the same numbers as something else.
Code:
#ifdef PAT_LOOTOPTION
#define    PACKETTYPE_PETLOOTTYPE_REQ                    (DWORD)0xAA000013
#define    SNAPSHOTTYPE_PETLOOTOPTION                    (WORD)0x8914
#endif

Thank you for the fast reply. I recognized that they are already defined, can I just change the values?

EDIT: After changing I got it working. I also defined everything in the RESDATA Files which are included. Just this 2 buttons are not shown. :?:

Attachments

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
That's becuase you need to make your own buttons that fit the style of that theme. By default those expect V19 reading buttons but will work anyways on versions lower they just wont display the text.

So use the Button Generator and make new buttons and replace them and you'll be all good.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi @Ketchup thank you for the reply. I found out that the Buttons <v19 have to look like this :

So instead of 101, its working when you use 01 as you said, cause you used the V19 Buttons.

What i just recognize when you put the pet back in, the window is opening again in the client. So for taking out, it pops up, but when taking it away, also it pops-up. Is that expected like that, or I have to change something?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi @Ketchup thank you for the reply. I found out that the Buttons <v19 have to look like this :

So instead of 101, its working when you use 01 as you said, cause you used the V19 Buttons.

What i just recognize when you put the pet back in, the window is opening again in the client. So for taking out, it pops up, but when taking it away, also it pops-up. Is that expected like that, or I have to change something?

Thank you very much.

I also noticed this when testing it after I converted it. It's just how retail has it setup I guess.

Back