Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

V5/V6 2005 Source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Been hoping someone would get these files fully working eventually. I attempted this roughly 4 years ago by porting it first to VS17. I got to the point where I could create a character, but couldn't get to the world. The character was also T-Posing in my attempt, but HaXXoR75 suggested a fix here https://forum.ragezone.com/f651/v5-source-not-able-to-1153863/#post8904794

The conclusion we came into when debugging everything was also the same you've figured out. The database strucure is invalid. This is the point where I entirely gave up. Would be fun to pick this project back up at some point, but I'm not sure I still have the files where I left off so I'd have to start all over.

Keep us posted if you make progress.

Ah I see. Indeed I didn't dig enough, and that topic was useful as I got to understand why it was T-posing and I could fix it easily. I also could test the offline mode build and it's working fine, although the client is still not suited (it uses the old inventory, but the client seems to use the 3D one).

At this point all that's left is fixing some client issues there and there, some server error logs there and there also, but the server compiles and runs fine just as you did I guess when porting to vs2017. At this point fixing the database crash should not be very hard, just time consuming, I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of some hours of debugging.

I might give it a try soon (very very busy with other things tbh), but I'm not sure what the point of these files are anymore without a proper client. I'm actually completely downgrading the v15 source to a v6 source now, and at least I have the actual v6 client as a reference. These files are obviously late v4 or v5 beta, it's not exploitable and might only serve as a very good reference for who would like to build a v5 server from the v15 source.

Back