Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VS22] v18.3 (Custom + V21 Content)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [VS22] v18.3

I found a problem. Healing skill. Use to heal yourself. I noticed that the resurrection window popped up. I'm using K18.3. I haven't made any adjustments to the skill.

Inactive
Reaction score

I found a problem. Healing skill. Use to heal yourself. I noticed that the resurrection window popped up. I'm using K18.3. I haven't made any adjustments to the skill.

This is not a bug with my files but something you must have modified either source or resource sided.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you so much for this release, I manage to get it working and is really awesome! Just looking to learn gamedev and how a game like this is pieced together. And maybe play with some friends:cool:

Thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

When I was playing the game, I found that there are several cloak attribute wings, if you wear them, they will be displayed under the feet, is that the source problem?.............It's all about automatic web pages!:w00t:

Inactive
Reaction score

When I was playing the game, I found that there are several cloak attribute wings, if you wear them, they will be displayed under the feet, is that the source problem?.............It's all about automatic web pages!:w00t:

Retail added in wingmasks in V21 so you'll need to code that feature yourself or add it from an existing one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just noticed that the map doesn't properly detect towns.
This is caused because - at least in retail files - in the .wld.cnt file, towns are defined with C_useRealData set to 0, which per the old code completely skips the whole definition.

In the v21.2 sources, this is how that part is read (in Continent.cpp, class CContinent):
Code:
		if( script.Token == _T( "C_useRealData" ) )
		{
			BOOL bReal = script.GetNumber( );
			if( !bReal && !bTown )	//½ÇÁ¦ ´ë·ú¿µ¿ªÀ» À§ÇÑ °ªµµ ¾Æ´Ï°í, ¸¶À»µµ ¾Æ´Ñ°æ¿ì´Â ÇÊ¿ä¾øÀ½. 
			{
				//Ŭ¶óÀü¿ë ºñÁê¾óº¯È­ µ¥ÀÌÅͷθ¸ ¾²ÀδÙ. Ŭ¶ó´Â ¿ùµå ·Îµå½Ã ÇØ´ç ´ë·ú¸¸ ÀÚµ¿·ÎµåµÊ.
				do{
					script.GetToken( );
				}while( script.Token != "END" );		//ÇÑ´ë·ú pass 
			}
		}

As you can see, the check for skipping is now that it must set C_useRealData to 0, but also TOWN.
Adding the "&& !bTown" part fixed the issue for me (and also fixed player not showing on the actual town map when manually selected), so I figured I'd let you know!

Inactive
Reaction score

Think there is a Bug with CS Clothes? If i wear Ninja suit it only show my eq not the ninja suit ...

Other cs works just fine. So it sounds like a retail bug. Pretty easy to fix just by comparing it to others lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Lodelight - [VS22] v18.3 (Custom + V21 Content) - RaGEZONE Forums
Thats what i mean, i testet some cs clothes .

Inactive
Reaction score

Lodelight - [VS22] v18.3 (Custom + V21 Content) - RaGEZONE Forums
Thats what i mean, i testet some cs clothes .

Check out this awesome unmodified 18.3:
QoqBlLe - [VS22] v18.3 (Custom + V21 Content) - RaGEZONE Forums

^ Photo just taken.

You clearly have modified your client as seen in the photos and I'm not going to help you fix your issues in this thread when you clearly have modified things.

Make your own thread.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

ok then i make a mistake, sorry. I check my files again

update: mistake found in Db .. :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

My Neuz crash when I executed is this anything with my computer or the files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

My Neuz crash when I executed is this anything with my computer or the files?

The files work perfectly, the problem is with you.. try to find out what it is through debugging.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So this is my current setup...

Client - PC w10
Server Binaries - PC w10
Database - Virtual Box Ubuntu

I wonder if anyone has the same setup? I just want to avoid installing databases on my local computer since they're a bit difficult to remove whenever I want to

The setup is working fine, the compiles are fine, but I'm not sure where the problem is in regards to my connection on the server-db relationship

I can login the sa via SSMS and actually access the db from the ubuntu box;
I've rechecked all the ODBC data sources and they're all fine
The binaries are OK and compiled without much issues (except for the debug ones), and tried both modifying the IPs on the server config files (AccountServer.ini, loginserver.ini, Certifier.ini, etc...); but somehow all of the server binaries can't connect to the DB?

Here's a portion of the logfile that's being generated after being run:

2022/05/27 13:25:14
query:login
SQLSTATE:28000 error:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'account'.
//================================================================================================================

now I'm not sure what's wrong since at first it was user 'sa' and now it's logging in using 'account'
this is just the Certifier, and I believe that if I'm able to pass through this single problem I'd be able to proceed with all the other server binaries

---other things I've tried:
changing 'sa' password to an alphanumeric format since there might have been issues if I include special characters
modifying ODBC data source from the registry editor so that it would be able to 'remember' the said password since I reckon the password might not have been proceeding from via the .ini or something
changing all the IPs to my database's IP
reverted and only changed the ones recommended by the guide (only where the external IPs should be changed)
added 'account' in the ODBC

I've pinged from the host, and I've also pinged from the virtual box towards the host, so it means that the connection is bidirectional
no firewalls, and considering that both are within the same subnet, I don't think the firewalls have anything to do with my connection problems

I've already spent about 25-30 hours and I'm not sure how to proceed anymore..... except making a windows based virtual box and making my new DB over there

...if this works I guess we can say that the db can be implemented on a non-windows platform then

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So this is my current setup...

Client - PC w10
Server Binaries - PC w10
Database - Virtual Box Ubuntu

I wonder if anyone has the same setup? I just want to avoid installing databases on my local computer since they're a bit difficult to remove whenever I want to

The setup is working fine, the compiles are fine, but I'm not sure where the problem is in regards to my connection on the server-db relationship

I can login the sa via SSMS and actually access the db from the ubuntu box;
I've rechecked all the ODBC data sources and they're all fine
The binaries are OK and compiled without much issues (except for the debug ones), and tried both modifying the IPs on the server config files (AccountServer.ini, loginserver.ini, Certifier.ini, etc...); but somehow all of the server binaries can't connect to the DB?

Here's a portion of the logfile that's being generated after being run:

2022/05/27 13:25:14
query:login
SQLSTATE:28000 error:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'account'.
//================================================================================================================

now I'm not sure what's wrong since at first it was user 'sa' and now it's logging in using 'account'
this is just the Certifier, and I believe that if I'm able to pass through this single problem I'd be able to proceed with all the other server binaries

---other things I've tried:
changing 'sa' password to an alphanumeric format since there might have been issues if I include special characters
modifying ODBC data source from the registry editor so that it would be able to 'remember' the said password since I reckon the password might not have been proceeding from via the .ini or something
changing all the IPs to my database's IP
reverted and only changed the ones recommended by the guide (only where the external IPs should be changed)
added 'account' in the ODBC

I've pinged from the host, and I've also pinged from the virtual box towards the host, so it means that the connection is bidirectional
no firewalls, and considering that both are within the same subnet, I don't think the firewalls have anything to do with my connection problems

I've already spent about 25-30 hours and I'm not sure how to proceed anymore..... except making a windows based virtual box and making my new DB over there

...if this works I guess we can say that the db can be implemented on a non-windows platform then

I've spent another day figuring out what the problem is, and I was wondering if it would be because my current setup doesn't use a Windows Active Directory login

Anyway if someone tried to have this setup on a linux distro I hope they could share their experience and if it does work or not

For now I'll hold off setting up an Active Directory because it seems like a lot of work, and I don't have that much time to study it...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

There are errors in the implementation of SQL authentication in the source files. Usually the database server is on the same machine as the game server. Integrated windows authentication works then, just like when computers are members of AD. There are fixes in the attached files to make the credentials from the configuration files work properly. Changes are made using the __FF directive.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

There are errors in the implementation of SQL authentication in the source files. Usually the database server is on the same machine as the game server. Integrated windows authentication works then, just like when computers are members of AD. There are fixes in the attached files to make the credentials from the configuration files work properly. Changes are made using the __FF directive.

Sorry I don't know what to do since I still got some errors after replacing the said files on the respective server source code;

What I did was this:

- replaced the source code with the one you uploaded
- recompiled on Release configuration
- replaced the .exes and used the ' - Merge.exe'
- re-added the odbc data source names (I removed them and added again just in case)
- ran the newly compiled exes

here is an error strip of what just happened:
2022/05/30 20:23:34
query:
SQLSTATE:IM002 error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

so supposedly it shouldn't use login from the odbc sources, right? so even if I edit the odbc it wouldn't matter, that's what I saw

should I need a new .ini file for the newly compiled exes? (same still happened to the other apps, only having displayed the Date on a white screen, shows error, then closes; or if not just stays still and not sure if it's working, or just opens and closes immediately (loginserver.exe and core.exe)

here is how my Certifier.ini looks like btw:

Account "192.168.1.10" // String, lpConnection
DB_PWD_LOGIN "abcd1234" // String

//LIMIT nLimitation // number, Set Limitation
//WebCertURL "" // String, Web Certifier URL for Japan only
//HEARTBEAT // Switch, If uncomment hb.Init()

also I'm not sure if I should make any edits on the files from the __FF archive that you sent, like editing which IP it connects or if I should manually input the login info, etc... I'm not exactly that well-versed on high level languages like c#

Thanks a lot btw, at least I have a newer step to proceeding with this small project

Inactive
Reaction score

You should really create your own help topic regarding this issue lol.

Back