Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal *-terrain.scp drop editor tool.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi. I got a lot of help from ragezone in creating my own pserver for cabal. So I will release a tool I made to help me edit *-terrain.scp [CommDrop] section.

Instructions:
You have to feed it *-terrain.scp file and a cabal_msg.dec file(decrypted) for item names. Then you will be able to select rows and change the item from a list of items and their proprieties. Then you can generate the list as text and paste it in your original *-terrain.scp file.

FIRST: select ur *-terrain.scp file. THEN cabal_msg.dec file.

Always make a backup of your .scp file before using this tool, use it at your own discretion.
The tool is made in html/javascript so easy to modify/inspect.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the contribution of your tool, I will be testing it, but I would like to mention here that using world_drop.scp is much better, easy and practical! Because all the drops are in 1 file only, than changing terrain by several world id!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for the contribution of your tool, I will be testing it, but I would like to mention here that using world_drop.scp is much better, easy and practical! Because all the drops are in 1 file only, than changing terrain by several world id!

also has the advantage of enabling UseWorldDrop in the .ini file, to test the drop without having to restart the channel

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you please expand on that? How does it work and how to set up? I will change the tool to work with that if I can understand it.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Can you please explain how that works? Won't terrain.scp overwrite that? How does world__drop work? Thanks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you please expand on that? How does it work and how to set up? I will change the tool to work with that if I can understand it.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Can you please explain how that works? Won't terrain.scp overwrite that? How does world__drop work? Thanks

There is not much secret, both worldX-terrain.scp and world_drop.scp work the same way, but world_drop.scp is much better to put drops in the game, it has the same terrain columns. but in world_drop you control everything in a single file. I even updated all the drops in my files to world_drop. I just use terrain for mission drops.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have refactored this a little big to work better and use world_drop.scp instead of terrain.

Note that if you try to upload the entire world-drop file it will lag, alot. Some files have 10.000 lines of drops and the browser will freeze untill all are rendered. I suggest splitting the file while working onit.

Download:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have refactored this a little big to work better and use world_drop.scp instead of terrain.

Note that if you try to upload the entire world-drop file it will lag, alot. Some files have 10.000 lines of drops and the browser will freeze untill all are rendered. I suggest splitting the file while working onit.

Download:

is it just me or this doesn't work? after putting the files it just stays that way, it will not load the lines

Back