Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CabalMain.exe With Xtrap for Private Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cant we use dll which checks dump code like this one http://forum.ragezone.com/f508/dev-antihack-dll-421623/ ? But there is another problem, we cant hide internal.txt which contains server ip, so you can easily download other main and start. Is there any way to implend it to launcher or a dll ? Is there any possibility to hide main version? This would another step of security, players wouldnt know version, so couldnt use other main?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please close.

" To all. We can't have good secure in cabal server because Chumpy said Xtrap is not supported to cabal server and this is true. And for all cabal servers with xtrap we can change cabalmain.exe because xtrap not working with launchers :) Automaticaly xtrap block. :) So this cabalmain block nothing :) I post this there because other people can develop something with this cabalmain."

I love to see you try.

Code:
 Client version to accept (22|1262)
# - Only if IgnoreClientVersion is 0
client_version=88

# Allows any client version if 0 (0|1)
# Use with MagicKey and NonClientCheck
IgnoreClientVersion=0
NormalClientMagicKey=1168110

We don't have this for nothing you know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I know that if you recode cabalmain.exe to be your launcher you can hide your ip and add in a custom anticheat which detects hooks to cabalmain.exe This can still be hacked by "pro hackers" but seems to be the best way to secure a server atm.. Example is Cabal Nations Kira Justice System which is a edited main.exe with there launcher/ip/anticheat inside

Also there version info must be encrypted inside a .dll because it says its 1066 but thats not it. and another thing worth mentioning is the size of there cabal main is like 2.9gigs and that info must also be encrypted somewhere.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dont bother hes a moron, Xtrap was down due to a server problem on XTRAPS side, not due to anything RZ can fix.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will give a hint as to how I have used this and you guys can go from there.
Let me start by saying one critical thing, Internal.txt is only needed for about .5 milliseconds after cabalmain starts so what I have done is totaly changed my ports server side and made a launcher that does two things
1. It checks the MD5 of cabalmain to be sure it is the one with Xtrap and counts the failures once they fail 3 times it bans there IP in SQL
2. it makes the internal.txt, launches the cabalmain, then deletes internal.txt all in about 10 milliseconds. (on a decent PC)
Is this a perfect solution not hardly but it does weed out the script kiddy hackers.

I will most likely release my source code in the near future.
VB.NET 2008
But this is very simple to make on your own with only little knowledge of VB
Here is a sample for the hard part of MD5 checking

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unless you mean for the shop there is no iP to set in this it uses internal.txt just like all of the other cabalmain.exe's. But for the shop itself just search in hex editor for yourshop all one word

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then set use shop=0 to use shop=1 in all of your WorldSvr_xx_xx files.

Reaction score
have times, this x-trap not work, stop in step 1. load... load... load and not run, is this problem witch server of xtrap, i think this x-trap not will work in small time

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
cabalmain.exe. Resolve to read and print Thai? And must resolve to meet?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why it could not see the map. To tell where to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back