Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TDP Cabal Ep2 repack v2.81 [xmas]

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's xmas time which means a new event!

The xmas event
================

Enable using the cabal_channeltypes command.

Every monster of the land can drop White Socks, Christmas Presents,
Sock Formula Cards or a 10 day Santa's Sleigh by a rare chance.

Bad Santa's found in Bloody Ice, Desert Scream and Green Despair can drop
White Socks, Christmas Presents, Sock Formula Cards or a 10 day
Santa's Sleigh by a more common chance.

Snowmen found in Snow zones have an even greater chance of dropping
Sock Formula Cards.

Sock crafting:
A. White Socks(x5) -> Green Socks(x1)
B. Green Socks(x5) -> Shining Blue Socks(x1)
C. Shining Blue Socks(x5) -> Santa’s Red Socks(x1)
D. To get 1 Santa’s Red Socks, 125 White Socks are required.

v2.81 download ->

Notes: This is early ep2 only. DO NOT ask for later server files as we do not have them. We work with what we have to make it better ;)

If you are new to cabal see my sig and

Changes since v2.8b:

* Added a cabal_dos2unix command to quickly change all files to unix format
* cabal_config will now remove the autorestart cron task when run
* Added xmas event data to cabal_channeltypes!
* Defaulted droprate to 3x (better balance of items and Alz)
* Fixed Shiny Blue Socks FC saying Shiny Green Socks, yet making blue
* More bugfixes and improvements to cabal_patchtool

Notes: cabal_patchtool now packs all files again and this will result in buggy patches. Keep your old item.enc, data.enc and mob.enc or edit patchtool to not pack these files. If you didn't read this be happy knowing that your bug reports will help me work out why these files are a problem.

Databases and guides -> http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/old-my-guides-databases-444970/

Recommended client ->

Recommended client patch ->

Last minute credits to MisterMinister who helped beta test and didn't get added to the readme :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For anyone wondering how to remove the "questionable" enc repacks from the patchtool:

Use winscp and navigate to /home/cabal/ and open cabal_patchtool.sh with the editor.

Remove these lines from the "pack" routine:

packfile /root/clientfiles/encfiles/item.txt /root/clientfiles/clientpatch/data/Item/item.enc

packfile /root/clientfiles/encfiles/data.txt /root/clientfiles/clientpatch/data/data.enc

packfile /root/clientfiles/encfiles/mob.txt /root/clientfiles/clientpatch/data/Monster/mob.enc

Save the file. Now the patchtool wont touch the Enc's that normally result in client crashes. Unpacking should be fine, its packing the files that causes problems. If you have problems running the command after the edit make sure you run a chmod 0777 on the cabal_patchtool.sh file. If you still have problems make sure you didnt change the format from unix to dos, if so use the dos2unix command and change it back.

Only do this if you plan to just use the tool and provide 0 feedback. In order to work out the problems with Data, Item and Mob ENC's the dev's need accurate bug reports, if you remove the enc's from the routine you cant provide feedback on them ^_^

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes you can upgrade from any older version or do a clean install on a fresh OS with this. Doing either will remove all old configs though so if you have customs back up /etc/cabal and /home/cabal from the server first and copy your customs in after.

Even if everything goes horribly wrong (which it won't :p) you can copy those two folders back to reset.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's xmas time which means a new event!

v2.81 download ->

Changes since v2.8b:

* Added a cabal_dos2unix command to quickly change all files to unix format
* cabal_config will now remove the autorestart cron task when run
* Added xmas event data to cabal_channeltypes!
* Defaulted droprate to 3x (better balance of items and Alz)
* Fixed Shiny Blue Socks FC saying Shiny Green Socks, yet making blue
* More bugfixes and improvements to cabal_patchtool

Notes: cabal_patchtool now packs all files again and this will result in buggy patches. Keep your old item.enc, data.enc and mob.enc or edit patchtool to not pack these files. If you didn't read this be happy knowing that your bug reports will help me work out why these files are a problem.

Databases and guides -> http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/old-my-guides-databases-444970/

Recommended client ->

Recommended client patch -> /root/clientfiles/clientpatch (on centos)

Last minute credits to MisterMinister who helped beta test and didn't get added to the readme :(
hi chumpywumpy!
did you know that with your client patch us client crash!
can you upload somewhere fresh enc files ?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
will this work with my settings im using sigmetals? BTW merry christmas boss chumpy.
It won't work with sig metal and the newer items as i don't support them. Just back up /etc/cabal before upgrading and then copy your sig-metal data back in afterwards.
hi chumpywumpy!
did you know that with your client patch us client crash!
can you upload somewhere fresh enc files ?
It works fine for me and i spent a lot of time testing the patch after making such a mess of the 2.80 one. Remember you must keep your old item.enc, data.enc and mob.enc if using the patch tool as i know it breaks those. I have re-enabled the patch tool to pack them to help work out what the problem is. See Darkcyde's post for details.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i agree...

works fine for me too...

even with Sig-Metal and all new Costumes(even Winter Fever, Gorgeous Servant, high School etc.)

Regards..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It won't work with sig metal and the newer items as i don't support them. Just back up /etc/cabal before upgrading and then copy your sig-metal data back in afterwards.

It works fine for me and i spent a lot of time testing the patch after making such a mess of the 2.80 one. Remember you must keep your old item.enc, data.enc and mob.enc if using the patch tool as i know it breaks those. I have re-enabled the patch tool to pack them to help work out what the problem is. See Darkcyde's post for details.
i'm just download us client and add your patch from centos directory (without decript and encrypt enc files) , was change ip in internal file then start client and it crashed!
you said that for you it working fine ?I do not represent as such can be? After all the client really falls!

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just tested again to be absoluely sure. I used a clean OGPlanet 30th Jan 2008 client + the contents of /root/clientfiles/clientpatch and it works fine. If you get the crash right at starting the client edit internal.txt in notepad as this file being in unix format will cause an instant crash (my crimson editor saves all in unix format so i do this by accident sometimes).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well...
im using UC-Client..you can get the DL-link,if you click on Chumpys Signature...there are all the guide,files,and Links...

Regards...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just tested again to be absoluely sure. I used a clean OGPlanet 30th Jan 2008 client + the contents of /root/clientfiles/clientpatch and it works fine. If you get the crash right at starting the client edit internal.txt in notepad as this file being in unix format will cause an instant crash (my crimson editor saves all in unix format so i do this by accident sometimes).
no, it doesent work , please check yuor files , client was crash after start Despite the fact that what I have edited in a notepad internal file!

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I did check my files. I installed a clean client and then copied the exact patch from /root/clientfiles/clientpatch from the 2.81 archive into it and tested. It worked fine.

Something in your client must be different than what is expected. A "latest version" cabalmain will do this (with an error) and one that has had it's XOR keys modified will just exit with no error. If it is a v22 cabalmain and you get an error then something in the client is definitely not what is expected and i would normally install a fresh one to a new folder to test.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did check my files. I installed a clean client and then copied the exact patch from /root/clientfiles/clientpatch from the 2.81 archive into it and tested. It worked fine.

Something in your client must be different than what is expected. A "latest version" cabalmain will do this (with an error) and one that has had it's XOR keys modified will just exit with no error. If it is a v22 cabalmain and you get an error then something in the client is definitely not what is expected and i would normally install a fresh one to a new folder to test.
with your patch client working not stable , it run normal only the first time , the second is crashed!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
today i start creat cabal server and all done just one stupid question how to start up cabal server ? :D
Sry for my english..

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
with your patch client working not stable , it run normal only the first time , the second is crashed!

I've been playing on the same exact client since v2.8 and the only crashes i have seen are where i have done something silly to the client files (which i do a lot when editing). I spent 4 entire days testing the client with the xmas event before release and nothing in the client was changed in that time. The only other crash reports with this client so far have been down to the 3 binary format files that we know don't pack well.

Exactly when does it crash? As soon as you start the client? After login/pw or logging into the channel? Does it give an error or just die?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have noticed that when you activate 'GM Buff Skill Lv1' game immediatley exits and your back to the desktop, and the service World_0x_0x server has gone.
I have checked the logs but I cannot see anything there that would give away why the server is crashing. :(:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've done everything alright, used US Client and patch from /root/clientfiles/clientpatch (also has tried EU Client) but... when i started cabal before log in box showing up i am getting message:
chumpywumpy - TDP Cabal Ep2 repack v2.81 [xmas] - RaGEZONE Forums
And when I am pressing "No" Client turning off.
Any suggestions?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This looks like the same issue dima2207 is having. Is it the OGPlanet 30th Jan 2008 client you are using? I have done several tests now and a clean install + the 2.81 patch is working perfectly for me so i'm not quite sure what is going on here.

Back