Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can someone please re-upload the fixed version of cabal_restart -d. The link seems to be dead thank you in advance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this still the recommended guide for creating your first p-server?

Can someone share the client files? Link is dead.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
use these as your reference to create your p.server and use other server files and clients posted at release section....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
followed this guide more than once, did managed to get it wo work, could play and everything, but after month i wanted to play again and now i cannot log in anymore. After struggling i decided to set up a new server and did every step again, but now if i want to log in the loading bar after i entered my password appears for a second and it after that it do nothing more. I cannot login, i cannot pass the login screen. If i entered a wrong password it noticed and say the password is wrong, if i enter the correct password loading bar appear only a secound and nothing more.

Database connection works, can connect to it, checked the magickey and client info in LoginSvr.ini and database and they match each other.

Here are my logfiles:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here it is an updated install.sh script for "CentOS Stream 8"
Changelog:
-replaced 'yum' with 'dnf' command
-replaced 'openssl-devel' with 'openssl-compat-1.0.2o' and also changed the symlink with new version
-added 'MSSQL SERVER 2022' during the instalation also will launch it's configuration
-added a fix for CentOS Stream 8 (durring the boot: 'A start job is running for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage (XXs / 1min 30s)')

And all the rest steps are same from first post.

NOTE: For the moment MSSQL Server it's not available for CentOS Stream 9

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Changelog:
-replaced 'openssl-devel' with 'openssl-compat-1.0.2o' and also changed the symlink with new version
-added 'MSSQL SERVER 2022' during the instalation also will launch it's configuration
-added a fix for CentOS Stream 8 (durring the boot: 'A start job is running for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage (XXs / 1min 30s)')

Once I can update the thread properly, I will add this install into 1st post.

Thanks for this work!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Changelog:

Having problem running with the GlobalMgrSvr. Cannot open shared object file even if installed.
I'm using
1681830723222 - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums
1681830649294 - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Having problem running with the GlobalMgrSvr. Cannot open shared object file even if installed.
I'm using View attachment 174154View attachment 174153
Try creating shortcuts to this file in directories /usr/lib, /usr/lib32

ln -s /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
ln -s /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 /usr/lib32/libgssapi_krb5.so.2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Try creating shortcuts to this file in directories /usr/lib, /usr/lib32

ln -s /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
ln -s /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 /usr/lib32/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
this one get me error wrong ELF class, i think you can't use a 64bit file to a 32bit app.

So i tried installed a 32bit libs and fixes the issue
Bash:
dnf install krb5-libs.i686

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1 - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums
use clean centos8 when cabal_start get this erro! anyone can help me? use first top files!

Attachments

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have the same problem kindly read the thread, above of your reply is the solution.

In case you reinstall just modify the updated install.sh from this line add the krb5-libs:
Bash:
dnf install glibc.i686 libgcc.i686 libstdc++.i686 krb5-libs.i686 -y

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please update the main post for info, if there are any updates. especially regarding how to setup the Microsoft SQL part and also the SQL software that is suitable to run on centos7/8. Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone can help me please. im newbie trying to learn.
any idea what is the cause of this error.?

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to give this ago. After about 30 years I eventually moved from windows to Linux. I am very new to Linux. In windows configuring my pc to run from my dual xeon servers vm was easy. Linux is a little different but i'll most prob get it sorted when I have time. I need to run it though my server because my amd ryzen is parked for much needed upgrades and my I7 blew 2 caps. I sit with a 2012 amd A8-3870k with a rx470 and 8gb ram (motherboard is faulty)

I did a tutorial on Github how to setup Diablo 3 offline from a server to a desktop. If I can get it working. I can make a small guide if anyone needs it. It should be the same but.... There might be a chance that it doesn't quite work like windows, so i'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why i cant like this post? i need to see the tuts:(

Back