Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello,I have a question,i use BeGa admin tool,but need characterldx and thats i dont know,any one can help i where can see that?

open SQL Server Management Studio, Database - Server01 - Tables - rightclick "dbo.cabal_charakter_table", then click "Edit Top 200 Rows"

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My services are not working. Like many others I can't figure it out.
Here are the log files

EDIT: Reinstalled CentOS, works now, I find the server Mercury Channel 1 but cant connect to it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LordAres - How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures - RaGEZONE Forums

After installing CentOS Disc1 (What would be the next step?)
Please help me :( Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AuthDBAgent (pid 8028) is running...
RockAndRollITS (pid 8103) is running...
DBAgent_01 (pid 8068) is running...
GlobalDBAgent (pid 8166) is running...
GlobalMgrSvr (pid 9597 8679 8134) is running...
CashDBAgent (pid 8206) is running...
EventDBAgent (pid 8284) is running...
PCBangDBAgent (pid 8246) is running...
ChatNode_01 is stopped
EventMgrSvr is stopped
AgentShop_01 is stopped
LoginSvr_01 is stopped
PartySvr_01 (pid 8324) is running...
WorldSvr_01_01 is stopped

I've tried manually to run stalled.
but still problematic. : '(

Please Help me...
please.. :(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For those ho cant update X-trap heres an ip for host file:118.69.169.69 xtrap.cabalonline.com.br
Tested on 7/4/15,working fine)

Btw,how do i add account to server,can't figure out.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have to add an account thought the SQL database as the bega tool does not work
i will find the procedure soon if you cant but im going out now

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Btw,how do i add account to server,can't figure out.

Login to SQL Server Management Studio (the program you use to edit the database), then go to Databases > Account > Programmability > Stored Procedures. There should be a stored procedure there for registering a new user.

I'm using the Infinity release and the procedure I used was "dbo.cabal_user_register". Just find it, right-click on it, choose Execute Stored Procedure..., fill out the empty Value fields for the ID and password (username and password), then click OK and wait.

If you then go to Account > Tables > dbo.cabal_auth_table there should be a new account registered there with the ID and PW you chose (PW in binary data, though). Take a look through the stored procedures, especially in the Account and Server01 databases, many of them are super useful and can automate and newbie-proof a lot of database management.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sir, after i create a VID in virtual box no drives comes out in my computer? why? please reply! do i need to burn the CentOs in a cd to mount in POwerIso?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Figured out,thank you.But if i rent Centos server,it comes out that i must have second machine with DB,am i right?
Or is there any possible way to combine mssql db with Centos?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sir, after i create a VID in virtual box no drives comes out in my computer? why? please reply! do i need to burn the CentOs in a cd to mount in POwerIso?

What do you mean by "no drive comes out"? The VDI isn't a physical drive, it's a virtual hard-drive for, in this case, CentOS. It basically emulates CentOS's hard-drive disk, and it's where all of its files are stored into, much like your own PC's hard-drive.

You don't have to burn the CentOS installation to a DVD at all. You can use the downloaded image file directly. In fact, you don't even need PowerISO since VirtualBox has a built-in image loader.

Once you've created the CentOS virtual machine in VirtualBox, click on it and choose Settings. Then click the Storage tab, and under Storage Tree, click the entry with a CD icon, that probably says "Empty". Then to the right, click the little CD icon that has an arrow pointing down, click "Choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file..." and choose the CentOS installation image you downloaded (I'd suggest the DVD one, if you follow this guide you'll only need DVD 1 of 2). Then start the CentOS virtual machine. It'll boot directly into the CentOS install. Then just follow the rest of the guide for installing CentOS.

Figured out,thank you.But if i rent Centos server,it comes out that i must have second machine with DB,am i right?
Or is there any possible way to combine mssql db with Centos?

So far all of the recommendations I've seen on RZ's CABAL section are to have CentOS in one computer (either with VirtualBox or an actual CentOS host) and the MSSQL database on another. I once tried to run CentOS and MSSQL in the same computer but I ran into database connection problems. It might have been unrelated, maybe I just messed something up at the time, but then again maybe not.

If you have a powerful enough PC (especially CPU-wise), you could try running both MSSQL and CentOS under VirtualBox on it, see if you can get it to work. But it's still recommended to separate them, especially if you're planning on running a public server.

You can, however, run both the MSSQL database and a CABAL client under the same computer. How fast a computer you need for this really depends on how many people will be playing in your server, but for a personal private server for yourself, and maybe a handful of friends, it should work if you are able to run CABAL smoothly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well check in your centos service cabal status if all is running and you have the correct client files from your server files then you should be able to connect.... check your logs and magickey - when it comes to creating an account use BeGa tool or go to SQL go to new query then type this

exec [Account].[dbo].[cabal_tool_registerAccount] 'YOUR ACC NAME', 'PASSWORD', null, null - changing acc name and password only keep the null the same

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well check in your centos service cabal status if all is running and you have the correct client files from your server files then you should be able to connect.... check your logs and magickey - when it comes to creating an account use BeGa tool or go to SQL go to new query then type this

exec [Account].[dbo].[cabal_tool_registerAccount] 'YOUR ACC NAME', 'PASSWORD', null, null - changing acc name and password only keep the null the same
but i cant use bega tool look at my ss Capture.PNG - How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures - RaGEZONE Forums terminal say all ok if i'll trying to service cabal start and stop?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you use the correct username and your windows IP to find this type CMD in windows and then type ipconfig

Back