Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Client] How to fix new maps to work on EP8 (2019+)

Reaction score
Quite few of you might already know and the fix itself is pretty simple as well (tried it on port lux, lakeside and new nation war map).

But lets start with the issues, which are the following:

1. When adding new map into your client and trying to teleport online, it freezes/crashes the client.
2. Using TMAP Convert it gives an error and cannot read the file properly.

>> FIX <<

[For existing maps]

1. Open new map's .mcl file using 010 editor. [NO NEED TO RUN ANY TEMPLATES]
2. Delete 4x 0 bytes like marked in red in the picture below.
[This step is enough to fix it for TMAP Convert to export map's .BMP file]
3. Open old .mcl file (lets say you edit new port lux) and change yellow marked bytes inside the new .mcl files based on what old one says.
(Example: old maps shows ED as first byte, while new ones shows EE, so change it to ED on new .mcl file)

MrSensei - [Client] How to fix new maps to work on EP8 (2019+) - RaGEZONE Forums

[Open spoiler incase the top picture link is unavailable]
MrSensei - [Client] How to fix new maps to work on EP8 (2019+) - RaGEZONE Forums

In case you would like to try new dungeon maps or any new maps in the future, you can try step 1 and 2 to fix the new maps, in case you have any crash/freeze problems.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
bro you have script for importing mcl in 3dmax

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to update the new .mcl from ep. 36? Recently it is not possible to enter the dungeons, it only crashes even following this tutorial at risk. if anyone has any ideas?

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
New mcl when you fix it like MrSensei show have another bug.Wrong values into " Doodad doodads " structure into 010 editor(010 plugin read only structure of file,for it not matter values and it run without errors,but cabalmain close game with error).
Снимок_2023_08_12_13_25_39_605 - [Client] How to fix new maps to work on EP8 (2019+) - RaGEZONE Forums

I wrote script for 010 which fix this moment.
After using script.
Снимок_2023_08_12_13_26_10_894 - [Client] How to fix new maps to work on EP8 (2019+) - RaGEZONE Forums

How fix this:

1 Load templates+script from this link.

2 Put templates and script for folder where you have your templates and scripts.
3 Load new map into 010.
4 Run Cabal_MCL.bt template.
5 Run FixKoreanMcl.1sc script.
6 Save mcl file.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Pode me dizer o que estou fazendo de errado executo a template da erro, executo o fixkoreanMcl e salvo, mas depois ao fechar e abrir ele continua dando erro ao executar o cabal_mcl.bt
May be i have some error into script.i dont know c++ language.i know only logic of script work and what need change.When i restart template i get the same error.Thats why i wrote that need save mcl without restarting mcl template.I need only result that i can see map.Error in sound group.Mcl will work but without sounds or wrong sounds.You can make changes into mcl ignore this error or copy this part of mcl from place after doodads for end of mcl from any another mcl(this "fix" error of templates).Or you can change script by yourself(script delete 1 byte(first) from every doodads structure).May be need delete one more zero byte into another place.I wrote script and can visit map(i have only mcl file which gave for me one man that he can load map in game,without models and sounds for this map into client.I cant test sounds thats why i dont fix this error(i know about it)).

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
May be i have some error into script.i dont know c++ language.i know only logic of script work and what need change.When i restart template i get the same error.Thats why i wrote that need save mcl without restarting mcl template.I need only result that i can see map.Error in sound group.Mcl will work but without sounds or wrong sounds.You can make changes into mcl ignore this error or copy this part of mcl from place after doodads for end of mcl from any another mcl(this "fix" error of templates).Or you can change script by yourself(script delete 1 byte(first) from every doodads structure).May be need delete one more zero byte into another place.I wrote script and can visit map(i have only mcl file which gave for me one man that he can load map in game,without models and sounds for this map into client.I cant test sounds thats why i dont fix this error(i know about it)).
I managed to solve it, I was saving in the wrong way, when saving a new file, it worked, thank you very much for this correction!

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I managed to solve it, I was saving in the wrong way, when saving a new file, it worked, thank you very much for this correction!
I test now ufter your post-dont get error

One man wrote for me that he cant fix 109/110/111 mcls.

Fix 109.mcl
Need delete only 4 bytes as MrSensei show.

Fix 110.mcl
(This man have another mcl that i have-i fix my without errors which have this man).
Delete 4 bytes as MrSensei show.
Run mcl template.
Run fix script.
------------
(If you get error when you delete 4 bytes and run mcl template(this error have this man))
Ignore error and start fix script.
Then restart mcl template.

Fix 111.mcl
Delete 4 bytes as MrSensei show.
Run mcl template.
Run fix script.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
About Wolrd_ Reason for 110 Map Crash
Delete this EBM -->>>>>world_ 110/puri_ Heart.EBM
Map 110 is working normally

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or you just fix it, rather than deleting it?
I used the first version of the Korean test client .ebm and I had no problems, when they officially released it on the official server, they changed several ebms, and when trying to fix it, it generates bugs, so there is no need to delete the file from the folder.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used the first version of the Korean test client .ebm and I had no problems, when they officially released it on the official server, they changed several ebms, and when trying to fix it, it generates bugs, so there is no need to delete the file from the folder.
It helps to simply manually fix ebm's that are not working.
Can't say I've had any problems like that just yet.

Back