Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Server] Understanding NPCShop.scp

Reaction score
I will try to explain as much server files to my knowledge as I possibly can, there will be mistakes and untested options (few of those), but people asking the most basic things in the past few months now encouraged to do this, so will try to do this as best to my knowledge as I can. Any corrections are welcome and I will update this thread with them.

This tutorial is a continuation of How to add NPC and config it to work as a shop

Description:
This file is responsible for all (non event) NPC Shop contents, pricing, window display allocation and etc. It is quite self explanatory and very easy to understand and experiment (in case if you don't), but there are still people out there who either refuse to learn by themselves or those who are curious and would like to understand a bit of a structure of the files and what they do or are responsible for.
[File location: /etc/cabal/data/]

Right, lets get into it.​

File has 3x sections, which are as follows:
Section 1:

Code:
[Server]    Server_Index    Shop_ID
(This section is usable only for those who have multiple Worlds in your servers, if you only have 1 World and multiple channels, leave this section alone.)
[Server] - Row number.
Server_Index - World ID number.
[Lets say you have YourServerWorld which is number 1 as default, if you make more Worlds, it will have different IDs and by that, this file will know which NPC shops links to which world.]
Shop_ID - Number that links to a Shop_ID in 2nd section and lets server select which NPCs are usable in which worlds.
[Example: You have 4x Worlds and got 4x different IDs for each of them. You want to make unique shop for your world number 3, so once set to number 3 in this section and 2nd one, the shops will be different for the World 3.]

Section 2:

Code:
[NPC]    Shop_ID    World_ID    Order    NPC_ID    Pool_ID1    Pool_ID2

[NPC] - Row number
Shop_ID - Number that select which World that NPC is set to.
World_ID - This is your Map ID.
[Can be found in cabal_msg.dec, example: World1 Bloody Ice - which means it's No. 1]
Order - Order ID to make sure that the NPCs in the map are not duplicating shop contents and links correctly. Guessing that it works like separator of some sort. (Not related to worldX-npc.scp)
NPC_ID - This is your NPC ID set in Data_World folder-> worldX_npc.scp ; extra_object.enc and cabal.enc [Refer to guide above]
Pool_ID1 - This is a linking of the content from Section 3 to actual in game NPC Shop "General" window. (Refer to the spoiler image below)
Pool_ID2 - This is a linking of the content from Section 3 to actual in game NPC Shop "ItemShop" window (Refer to the spoiler image below)

WeI3FQ0 - [Server] Understanding NPCShop.scp - RaGEZONE Forums

Yes, you can make on each NPC different contents inside both of the windows and it doesn't have to be N shop always in "ItemShop" section.

Section 3:

Code:
[Shop]    Pool_ID    SlotID    ItemKind    ItemOpt    DurationIdx    MinLevel    MaxLevel    Reputation    OnlyPremium    OnlyWin    AlzPrice    WExpPrice    DPPrice    CashPrice    Renew    ChracterBuyLimit    SellLimit    Marker    MaxReputation

[Shop] - Row number.
Pool_ID - A number that links a full content of the shop to specific location in the above section. (refer to Pool_ID1 and Pool_ID2)
SlotID - NPC window slots ID number. (Refer to the image in the spoiler)
5EEQXK1 - [Server] Understanding NPCShop.scp - RaGEZONE Forums
ItemKind - Item ID (cabal_msg.enc item list)
(Example: Item1 Upgrade Core (High) = Item ID is 1)
ItemOpt - Item Option / quantity for stackable items. (Refer to spoiler below for variety of ways to get options)
DurationIdx - Duration ID (refer to image in the spoiler)
1dQ5s0s - [Server] Understanding NPCShop.scp - RaGEZONE Forums
MinLevel - Minimal level requirement to buy the item.
(Example: Set to 50, so that means no players with level below 50 an buy this item.)
MaxLevel - Maximum level required to buy the item.
(Example: Set to 50, so that means no players with level above 50 an buy this item.)
Reputation - Minimal Honor amount required to buy item.
(Example: If set to 600,000 [Class rank 7], players with honor rank lover than 7 will NOT be able to buy the item.) (Refer to image in the spoiler for default honor ranks for EP8)
G4LCfc0 - [Server] Understanding NPCShop.scp - RaGEZONE Forums
OnlyPremium - "supposedly" premium only accounts can buy this item.
(On = 1 / off = 0) OR (Premium Service Number (located inside premium
OnlyWin - "supposedly" items can be bought by the winning Nation War nation. (Default = 0)
AlzPrice - Item price in alz amount.
WExpPrice - Item price in W.EXP (War Experience) amount.
DPPrice - Item price in DP (Dungeon Points) amount.
CashPrice - Item price in e.coins amount.
Renew - Untested option (Default = 0)
ChracterBuyLimit - Limit to buy X amount of items per character.
(Untested option)
SellLimit - "supposedly" a limit of items that can be sold per server (?) or until next server restart. (Untested option) (Default = 0)
Marker - 1 = New (N) / 2 = Hot (H) / 0 = No small icon on the item. (Refer to imagine in the spoiler)
n4HSuZm - [Server] Understanding NPCShop.scp - RaGEZONE Forums
MaxReputation - Maximum amount (Honor Rank) required to buy reputation.
(Meaning that anyone with a higher amount of Honor, than set in here, will NOT be able to buy the item.) (Refer to reputation part for the Honor Amounts and Ranks).

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  1. You cannot have 2 different types of prices on the item. (Example: Alz + DP.) Only 1 type of price works per item in this file.
  2. You cannot have items in any price types, it's only for event database (this will be in the later event explanation tutorial).
  3. Always keep an eye on the shop window slots (SlotID), due to items getting into duplicated slots or overclashing items. I highly recommend you to keep an eye on this if you want to make it a whole shop in one go.
  4. You can mix up items with different types of prices in one shop, it can be 1 item for alz, 1 for DP, 1 for W.EXP and so on.
If I find any other noteworthy configurations or "tricks", I will update this guide.

All credits of refered threads and images goes to their respective owners/creators.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the ebm filename on this picture guys and also the ebm filename of Shop. I want to use this ebm as my NPC.

View attachment 167968

Honestly stop spamming all sections here. Use your brain and find the EBM on your own. Its so damn easy.

Open noesis and look through all EBMs in your client to find the correct.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly stop spamming all sections here. Use your brain and find the EBM on your own. Its so damn easy.

Open noesis and look through all EBMs in your client to find the correct.
Indeed! Almost everything is fed by someone here but he doesn't want try.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't make this Pool_ID2 in the same with the Pool_ID1 tab in 1 NPC, can tell me how?

Back