Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togther?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togther?

Like the title says, WoKF is an old game and though I see a small number of persistent people on here wanting to open servers and such I really am curious just how many people eve would still play a good server if one was launched. Also if there are still people wanting to play, why don't they play Hellion, Mayhem or the new WoKF EU, what is wrong with these servers? What would make a server good enough to bring WoKF back into days of an active server with a decent number of players on it?

I'd like to discuss this and more, if the discussion can become active and useful enough I may consider entering into a full development either for an existing server or creating my own to revive this old game. So if you are one of those people who would love a good, stable, solid public WoKF server again like the good old days of LoKF and Culture & Chaos then show me reason to bring you one and I will, show me there are enough people who would play, let's get a good number of people here discussing to come up with a build for rates, level cap, style(more like official or more heavily changed like Mayhem or Xenization).

A server designed by the community to suit what players want, as long as there are players left. So let's see some numbers as far as people who would play, some ideas as what they'd like to play and such, and maybe, if I can see WoKF is not as dead as I believe it is, a server just the way it's players want it will be built, run and managed by me, to keep this old gem alive a little longer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togt

Well i would love a fun server. What i mean by fun is this:
1. Server rates : i dont like 1x rates servers like official since it takes to much to get to cap level and i dont have enough time to play all day long, so a 40x+ exp rates would get me to play on the server, good drop rates so we can get armors/weps and other usefull items
2. No crazy donors advantages : no coins bonus per donate and things that other players cant get any other way but by donating, that would just make the donors be OP and no donors will quit FAST
3. PK rules : i want pk rules since i dont want to be at lvl 20+ and a cap lvl or a higher then 15-20 levels comes and kill me like crazy, thats just plain stupid and it will make lots of players to quit the server.
4. Collection : add items like gold bullion or gold to the collection with high rate of getting them, non donors will love it and they wont complain about item mall prices if they are collecting lovers like me :)
5. Chat : chat should have filters and GM's should be given permission to mute/kick/ban noobs that keep insulting/flaming/threathen other players or gms
6. Shops : shops should have some item mall items such as teleport stone, location talismans, earth temples, etc at a fair price so we can buy them with coins
7. Events : there should be some events that we can do to get some extra coins, GM's should also host events for players, daily dungeons rewards should also be improved to help players and to have high level daily's
8. Starter pack : a pack with usefull items like a transform card, fashion,special starter pack armor,loot,mount,etc with 7days limit
9. Thats all i can think about right now, ill post more later if i get more ideas :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togt

Interesting ideas, all definitely able to be implemented without too much trouble, a good start to idea, hopefully more people will start to suggest as well, also if anyone can offer information of people who would actually play a server if it was set right, I mean the best server in the world is nothing if no one is around to play on it.

So if anyone can find or already know people who would join such a server, send people they know this way to this thread, a simple reply to let me know they would play and if they have others who would as well(an amount would be nice) this would help greatly, modifying a server is no problem for me, but the work involved is not worth it if there are not sufficient players to make the server worthwhile.(by worthwhile I mean active with players, not financially)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm playing Mayhem right now but I'm not fully satisfied to be honest, I'm just waiting for someone to open a nearly perfect server, I miss FA, Xenilization and so on.
I would love to see a server that has for
1: Lvl 120 cap with x20 rates maybe, so that it's not too high of a level, but at the same time it still takes some time to get there. I prefer low caps because then you're not too OP to lower level bosses and so on, also, classes are easier to balance, lower max HP and MP allow for good balance since with 180k HP for example you'll need to give one class tons of damage, while for example another that uses defense will have a very hard time killing people unless he has a lot of damage too, and poop becomes unbalanced and so on, so I'd just love a 120 cap, all 120 cap servers I played were simply more than amazing.
2: Friendly staff, that's basic I guess, but the GMs and so should really be clever at hosting events, new ideas, clever spots and so on.
3: Like that person up there said, I hate it when the game is like "You got $s? Here, get to max cap in 2 days with our exp charms and have the best gears, fashions, and items.. "You, you don't have $s? It's okay, we're free to play, you just have to spend 8 hours a day farming for about 2 weeks to get some of your gears and items." So basically, players who don't donate should have methods to farm a lot of money, donors should get optional perks that don't make them any better than other players.
4: Enhanced craftsman room in schools, it takes about 9 hours and 20 minutes to get max crafts reputation, since every 15 seconds your crafts increases by 100, like.. Da hell?
5: NO Talisman Pearls, Giant pearls, or Anti Venom Beads, you know how lame these things make the game? If I have a Talisman Pearl, I'm invincible to BSs and almost any other class as long as I can heal. If I have a GP, get some defense and you'll be invincible since no one can damage you a lot, AVB same deal.
6:pk limits should be more like, can't pk anyone more than 20 levels below you, BUT in the last map "EX:Graveyard for level 120 cap" there are no limits, buy shelter charms. Can only pk a toon a certain amount of times per day "5 for example"
7: Cool textures and loading screens xD
8: Like that dude said up there, the teleport stones, military horns, talisman pearls(Not as cheap though), Earth temples, starter packs, and so on.
9: Multiple ways of making money, for example, on some 120 cap servers you had 3 main ways to farm money, SF, level 120 instance, and collecting, but neither would make enough money to match a donor's income of course, so that should be changed, again. More ways to farm money should be added.
10: Custom fashions, pets and TCs, but they should only be custom as in looks, maybe a single effect but no attribute increases.
11: DON'T be like mayhem and make pets so damn OP. A pet can solo a level 145 with full R gear, dafuq?
12: Tons of things to do at max level, the most effective way to keep players other than doing the higher cap boring pve poop, make the game more pvp based. For example, like the servers I played before, 118 T3 armours were the best you could own with either a T3 weap or a Legacy S. But the point now is, make their mats a little easier to farm, so that people would start getting gears with good effects instead of being like "Oh look, I made my plain R, I'm done *1 week later* I'm bored, gonna quit the game." Other than the fact that it makes players work more, it also makes for a new source of income, since you could get a good effect and sell it for some money.
13: Don't also be like Hellion and have Cotton Fabrics in shops, that ruins the community, to have a better community, make the items you get from mobs more valuable, add them to important recipes and so on, so that someone who actually spends time to collect animal hides and cotton fibers are rewarded for these, when they sell them they get money, and they interact with more players, that's how you build the community.
14: PvP Events. Enough said xD.
15: Balanced classes, again, don't be like mayhem, nerf the BS to the ground because the couple of players that went on the PTR (Test server) said they think BSs are too powerful because of the stunlock. I didn't mind removing the stun lock, could still kill players, but when you have it removed + players have TPs + BS doesn't have a high enough attack, it's basically poop. That's another reason why you shouldn't have a high cap, low max hp, for a BS without stunlock, it either needs tons of attack to kill others which unbalanced classes with more defense whether they get more attack or not, or doesn't have enough attack and then can't kill people with 200k hp and so on. FA and Annihilation-Reborn had almost perfectly balanced classes, Swords had dodge buff that wasn't too OP either, with dodge gears they would be dodging almost all of the other players' attacks, but that's a style, eh? Because a staff could beat a sword easily with 2 stuns and an internal that can't be dodged, BSs and all other classes could make matching gear with Hit Rate to beat a sword, and so on, BSs with high hit rate would also be very good since all a BS needs is hit rate and attack, against balanced classes that have max 60k hp if it ever reaches that, all classes would have a fair chance, but anyway, a staff is very powerful because it can tank, and has attacks that couldn't be dodged, including 2 stuns, and an internal, fans could heal quite some HP and reflect some damage as well as hit other players for quite some aggro and hp, please note that fans aren't attack based so their attacks shouldn't be as damaging, balancing a fan is by increasing its survivability to a certain limit and maintaining a fair attack. Hooks should have a strong net damage and buffs should make their attacks quite effective, H&A has tons of damage, its buffs shouldn't be very strong though except for the personal one so that other classes with H&A buffs wouldn't be invincible, spear has a disable and 2 shields and some very good armour and defense decreasing skills, fists got their internals, that shouldn't hit for a whole lot to give other classes a chance, that doesn't mean a fist should take even 30 seconds to finish someone though, must be less. Bows should have tons of critical and damage and a fairly balanced immobilize, maybe even a 1 second difference in CDs allowing for an immobilize lock if the other player isn't aware. Which would make the game more skill based. Please consider that all these balancing examples were made assuming that players have 40k-60k HP.
I'll tell you if I think of any more tips xD. I really wish a server starts up with these, I love world of kung fu, I want a cool server to play again. Oh and one more thing, Divinity spheres for Dai fashion, level 120~ amulets decos and rings should be available for world rep in addition to some other stuff that you should think of xD. Make glasses' mats a bit easier to farm so that they're not too much time consuming and too ineffective, they should make for a bit of an advantage.

2 more points, SMKFs should be basically for the debuffs or effects, not much damage though, SMKFs look cool with custom names, so instead of taking them out make it more fun and keep them and their effect books but keep their min CD 120 seconds or so.
2nd point, don't be like mayhem, again, and remove meridians, meridians are the huge difference between level -80 and +80, please.. I really for one feel myself getting a whole lot stronger with the increased HP and attack from merids, they at LEAST add some roleplay and feel to the game. Thanks, again xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Great suggestions so far, I can see players seem to know what they want, the challenge I'd like to put out to you guys now though:

Give me some number to work with, as in player numbers, I don't want to make any server that is only going to have 5 people on it, if I can see evidence that a good amount of people would play a server that is balanced, not OP for donations and all the things suggested here, then I will like start work on a beta, but if I can't see something to convince me the work would be worth it(by having a good number of people to actually play the game) then I really can't motivate myself to do the work required.

So, SHOW ME THE NUMBERS! challenge accepted? If I can get the numbers I will work on a beta website and server in coming weeks, so tell your friends, get them to tell their friends, bug those old wokf buddies you haven't spoken to for months, link to this thread on facebook or twitter or whatever you use, let me see that it would be worth it.

2nd point, don't be like mayhem, again, and remove meridians, meridians are the huge difference between level -80 and +80, please.. I really for one feel myself getting a whole lot stronger with the increased HP and attack from merids, they at LEAST add some roleplay and feel to the game.

I believe this was done due to a bug exploitable in the coding of world of kung fu that allows some players who know the exploit to keep clicking a meridian more times than it's supposed to, this means a meridian that gives 100 attack and has 10 level's can potentially be clicked more than 10 times(if exploited the number is unlimited, meaning they could gain that 100 attack as many times as they wish and make their attack stat say... 1 million) this as yet has proven to be not easily fixed(not fixed at all by anyone as yet) in any way other than disabling meridians.

When this bug was first noticed it was able to be punished by simply checking the stats of those who were suspected and banning or deleting the character if they cheated, but the exploiters as they do started to play it smart, making alts to exploit stats on that no one paid attention to as they never spoke or interacted and then using that alt to farm-kill a boss and give the drops to the main

By farm-kill I mean taking their main into an instance say, teamed with the alt and another character, then they hit the intended boss with their real main, get make it almost dead with the cheat character and leave the team on the cheat character before it dies so any drop notice is in the real main's name and not the cheat character, making it extremely difficult to pin down the offending character/s without literally checking the stats of every single character in the game on an almost daily basis(a LOT of work).

So as for that suggestion I cannot guarantee anything due to that difficult to control exploitation. All this is once again of course assuming we can find a suitable player-base to launch a server.

So we can keep an easy count on players, here is a page I created for likes, for every person you find that would play the new server if it launched get them to like this page, this way I can get a good estimate of a player-base.(Please tell them only to like the page if they would play the server, not just for the sake of it, it's intent is to get a rough esitmate for a player count)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Instead of making the farming from bosses, make quests that give the fashion mats and armour mats and so on, include a boss here and there, but also material collecting and so on, that would be fair for everyone, and that way the exploiting in stats will easily be discovered in PvP since the use of it in PvE will be pointless, bosses don't do much good except for finishing quests, as an extra part.
Point is there are solutions, but anyway, I can start gathering people, I also would love to give a hand with the beta, balancing tips and stuff
EDIT: I would also like to point out that you won't get as many players in the beginning as you will when only like 10 start playing. If those who still play wokf try your server and enjoy it, they'll simply quit other servers bit by bit, pulling their friends to your server, so I'd say you should start working on it anyway, it'll grow when people SEE it in action, not hear about it ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

a server which can reunite all wokf players, an interesting idea, i have a few advises:
1.about donations, any player understands that for a good server administrators needs money for managing but administrators also must understand that not all players have a credit card so if a server has more payment methods such as paysafecard ond/or mobile phone anyone wins, the players without credit cards can buy the "benefits" which they dreamed of and administrators will get more money
2.about players,a player musn't be discriminated because he/she wants to play alone so i think that it must be equality between solo players and team players, i mean both must grow at maximum level without become bored ( a good ideea may bequests for every type of player)
3.about game ,people play a mmorpg on a private server because they like the game but they don't want to spend months or years on farming and lutehunting also don't want to spend hundreds of money on some items which don't help him anymore so for this reason appears upgaded versions of mmorpgs (private servers) but some servers exaggerate and change the original mmorpg(yes i talk with you mayhem kung fu) in conclusion if you want players UGRADE the game not change it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

well the solo thing is a bad idea cause thats why we have team exp bonus, dont we? everyone can just be in a party and get more exp then being without a party.
the "benefits" you talk about will ruin the game if there are other ways to get gold without donating because if you donate some $ and get alot of gold, non donators will suffer and will just quit the game since they cant compare with a donator, thats why there need to be a balance betwen donator and non donator players so that we wont have a server with only 5-6 players that donate and non donors that stay at low lvl in liuhe doing nothing.
well whats so bad with having some custom content to keep up with higher lvls? for example , you wouldnt want to get to lvl 140 and still wear lvl 118 class set, would you? there need to be enough contents for every lvls cause the higher you get the harder the mobs get and you need stronger gears to keep up with the mobs or else you gona go in liuhe, sit near gm and say : GM GM GM i need helpp, i cant kill anything, pls help help and beg for mercy.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

well the solo thing is a bad idea cause thats why we have team exp bonus, dont we? everyone can just be in a party and get more exp then being without a party.
the "benefits" you talk about will ruin the game if there are other ways to get gold without donating because if you donate some $ and get alot of gold, non donators will suffer and will just quit the game since they cant compare with a donator, thats why there need to be a balance betwen donator and non donator players so that we wont have a server with only 5-6 players that donate and non donors that stay at low lvl in liuhe doing nothing.
well whats so bad with having some custom content to keep up with higher lvls? for example , you wouldnt want to get to lvl 140 and still wear lvl 118 class set, would you? there need to be enough contents for every lvls cause the higher you get the harder the mobs get and you need stronger gears to keep up with the mobs or else you gona go in liuhe, sit near gm and say : GM GM GM i need helpp, i cant kill anything, pls help help and beg for mercy.

1.if you want players you must understand and accept them all
2.a good server needs money whatever you say this is the truth and if you want money you must convince players to give you and when i said "benefits" i mean to "boost" them a little not makeing them gods or something
3.you misunderstand very much let me give you an example if you play mayhem you saw that at high levels fan and hook are overpowered and hammer&axe has no power i think that it is more acceptable to make all classes equal in powers and resume all to strategy
i don't say to not make new stuff but you must also take in consideration the basics which make this game funny

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

nope raze you got it wrong where did i say anything about armor/weps stats? i only said to have content to keep up with the level, what the owners/develpoers do with them its their problem but if they dont want to be like mayhem they would do them balanced.
again about the solo thing.... im a solo player too but i level with 4 chars at once to get the team exp bonus, thats the way the game is, if you dont want some extra exp then you just solo without a team, theres nothing wrong with that but dont complain to gms that you level to slow just because you dont want to be in a team. just create an alt and let it sleep in taoyuan so you can get the extra exp ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

My suggest is make wokf like original wokf offcial style and if can make the original wokf website offcial lol
Leave all class on their own skill dont ever modifying it,it will ruin the games it self like mayhem did
Smkf will be available and possible to create it 1 sec but the item to make it will extremely high like offcial wokf did
About donation make it like offcial wokf did so they will not gain too much gold when donate,and just get gold not coins and no double donation in weekend
Make the lvl cap 99 so no more meridian bugs,ofc the rates will be low
To prolog server lifespan a maintenace should be done 1 times a weeks every thursday like offcial did
Find more sponsored like offcial wokf did so it no depends on private server wokf to vote anymore it will stand like orginal games mmorpg not a private server i mean it 100% offcial games that is the way to revive old days of wokf
A basic item like talisman location, teleport stone,healing pill,earth temple should be free in item mall

That my suggestion thank you:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

No one will play on that kind og server newbie, whats the point of having a private server if you make it an official style? Mayhem modified the skills/weapons/armors to much thats why it sucks, but you can just edit the skills to have a higher duration, give higher stats at higher lvl but not that high stats like in mayhem, cause when you get at a higher level you cant still buff yourself with 2-3k stats, the mobs will just killl you.
Level cap 99.... now thats just plain stupid. Even official had level 140 cap.
No Meridian bugs.... some exploit the meridian so its better if its disabled.
Low rates.... seriously? no one will play a private server with 1x or low rates dude -_-
If this is the kind of server you want newbie i suggest you go make your own and play it :thumbdown: cause other players dont want 1x servers with no custom content!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Low rates server i dont mean it 1x lol it just low like european wokf server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Newbie, your suggestions simply killed all types of non-donor advantage, and someone with a 1s smkf will just rule the server without any skill whatsoever. No. Just no.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm seeing plenty of discussion on ideas which is good, do try not to resort to insulting each other though guys just keep it constructive criticism please. I'd appreciate if we can get more likes on the facebook page for some numbers( that link is ) I am working on a number of smaller projects at the moment as well so I cannot focus entirely on WoKF right this minute, I am involved in helping other projects for some people including a Fiesta server, some DDoS protection for a certain website(I won't name specific servera or websites as they are not mine so it is not my place to name) as well as a Loong server.

But I am working on gathering resources and finances to start up a beta website and get the money together for a beta launch server in the near future, when I have my main website portal page ready I will have my website as part of my signature so any servers or forums I run will always be linked to from my main page. So keep an eye on my sig for when my website is up and bookmark it to keep up to date with latest news and progress on WoKF and anything else I begin work on.

EDIT: I also agree strongly with the idea that the PayPal/credit card options for donations are too limiting, I personally do not like Paypal at all and would gladly host other options INSTEAD of rather than as well as PayPal, if anyone has any suggestions for payment options for accepting donations please do send me a pm on here with a link to the organizations website if possible for me to look into getting set up with as many options as possible.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

nope raze you got it wrong where did i say anything about armor/weps stats? i only said to have content to keep up with the level, what the owners/develpoers do with them its their problem but if they dont want to be like mayhem they would do them balanced.
again about the solo thing.... im a solo player too but i level with 4 chars at once to get the team exp bonus, thats the way the game is, if you dont want some extra exp then you just solo without a team, theres nothing wrong with that but dont complain to gms that you level to slow just because you dont want to be in a team. just create an alt and let it sleep in taoyuan so you can get the extra exp ;)

now i understand what you said ,I am not agree with you, but i understand my brother from the same country:cool: yes i am romanian like you

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Lol everyone's tried that and don't wanna play those kinds of servers, And if i can ever get my pet system fixed i will make a official wokf again as i hate the way all other servers run. My goal is to make it 100% official but with new content like stuff from other servers like Archon and so on but only balanced items were added and was able to find missing items from official that i didn't have. Just more stuff added on to the game and i have level caps 99-145 but may not release a 145 cap server as people complain that its not balanced with 145 cap But other than that my server is as balanced as official was if not the same as i didn't tweak them .

I have a Blade server with 16Gb of ram so Should never run out as i can run my server on a minimum of 1.9 gb of ram as tested on backup VM server , But if it does i can add the max amount of ram which is 32gb my server supports Official server is running windows server 2003 Hacked to Run very little applications. Only prob is its in beta and running on hamachi because i cant yet port forward. But i do know how to add content but still learning as i worked on this server for little over 3 years as its just myself working on what little free files there are.

Backup Server - How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togther? - RaGEZONE Forums Backup Server-client - How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togther? - RaGEZONE Forums Backup Server-client-logedin - How many people would still play WoKF & what kind of server would bring them togther? - RaGEZONE Forums

Please note: The server you see to the left is my backup which is 100% the same as my official blade server.

Please let me know what you guys think, Note I will only Have polite GM's who know what to do and if i can get an old buddy of mine to join my crew , not sure if you knew him from official GM-Wuliu yes hes a good friend of mine.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I plan on launching a beta set much like official without those unbalanced mods done by servers like Mayhem and once my website is up I will be asking players whether they'd prefer level cap 99, 120 or 140 and building from that, many of the mods made by previous servers that unbalanced things were done to maximzed profits, which is not my goal, as for your pet issue I offered help on that a long time ago and you seem to have ignored me and never replied to my post, I told you what causes the error you have, I told you what I would need to fully diagnose and repair your issue and even offered to do so for free, if you want to ignore blatant help with your problem then my help will no longer be offered, so good luck with fixing it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I didn't ignore your advice =.= i tried your way and didn't get how you explained it and yes i have reply to you and all you said something like when you got time you would help me and you never told me otherwise if you had the time I even offered to give you access to my server so you could fix from there and never said anything. I dont get how its done i tried 3 times and broke the database and had to fall back on backup. I even asked hellion dev to help me and she said that you had to do something like clearing the pet data by truncating the database how ever you spell that lol and most of the time you just say you dont do stuff for free and what not so you cant say that i never asked for your help.

Back