Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] [iRF] Client Sound Optimization

Reaction score
This sound optimization pack includes fully optimized sound files. Overall I have saved 815mb by optimizing the sound files. This mainly involved converting the .wav files over to .mp3, while also reducing bitrate. Bitrate was reduced down enough to significantly reduce size while having zero affect on actual audio quality. Some sound files had their sizes decreased by over 1,100%! As a side bonus, this also included setting the .avi CCR video files to 0kb so they are skipped in the initial client start-up. This saves a few seconds while getting in-game.

A note to server owners: no need to credit us! Include these optimized sound packs in your client to reduce the total download size for your players by over 800mb. Thank us by liking this post!

Don't see your client listed? Send me a link to your complete /Snd folder and I'll optimize the full folder for you, while listing it here for others to download as well. Help us make a complete list for all clients. Check RF-Dev for further updates.

Sound Packs
  • (164mb)
  • (180mb)

Instructions:
Simply extract the files and replace your entire /Snd folder in your game client with our files.

z4eoYQf - [Release] [iRF] Client Sound Optimization - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, thanks for spend time with it. :w00t:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here´s mine :)

Reaction score
oh wow just came back to the rf scene a few weeks ago glad to see some nice stuff being released def gonna be using this one in my upcoming server.
sorry for the bump and nice to see some of the compitent devs working together +100000000000 thanks to ron and the others that made this
+100000

on a side note pm me if u would ron got a few questions on resource.edf that ive never gotten working in years ive been around

Back