Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Misc structures, tools, research etc

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
Since i'm completely done with RF (it's dead) - i'll post it here - perhaps someone can make some use of it.
Mostly a collection of various tools if gathered.

Selection of structures from various releases - the ones iv edited are generally in the folders with "Agony" in the name. Plus some in the structures root folder (partial mesh structures, eff, bsp).

The website i used on Rf Battlefront - it has its own CMS, mobile optimized - and partially modular.
Noesis - the mesh viewer with the original scripts from xentax forums that iv partially adjusted and edited.
Icons is used in a earlier 216 for custom items.
Battlefront unpacked bin files (includes the custom weapons/meshes etc).
Some old attempt at lobby ui redesign.
Some custom meshes that didn't make it ingame.
Collection of GM commands/item codes.
And the whole collection of various rf related research and data.

Any illegal claim/attempt to sell it to someone is not allowed.
I won't be maintaining the link if it reaches bandwidth limit or expires.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you truly used .strs for the mesh editing all I can say is that takes lots of time. Doing the edits in a modeling software then changing it is so much faster + less room for mistakes.

By any chance do you have more files around relating to the R3MapExp.dle , pretty sure I need to to update it to get it to work with 2015.

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
Cant be 100% sure about that. I likely didn't use it at all since i was running the gameguard which had a built in feature for it.

By any chance do you have more files around relating to the R3MapExp.dle , pretty sure I need to to update it to get it to work with 2015.

You cant just edit in the 3d software without having a real option to export to a valid format.
That's the main reason you never see anything custom in rf servers anywhere.
I didn't edit the 3d data itself - rather the transformation matrix, particle points and bone links of pieces of mesh extracted from other places in the game.

R3MapExp.dle isn't for that.

the source is among this (needs to be compiled with new 2015 sdk then):

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cant be 100% sure about that. I likely didn't use it at all since i was running the gameguard which had a built in feature for it.

You cant just edit in the 3d software without having a real option to export to a valid format.
I didn't edit the 3d data itself - rather the transformation matrix, particle points and bone links of pieces of mesh extracted from other places in the game.

well, i would request to release your gamecp/panel/web if possible :D:
also hackshield/gameguard for client if you may have? i want to study it more if you may have your own hs source :p:
i rarely see any gameguard/HS for clientside nowadays, most of the thing now is module/serverside...
i want to learn more about it...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

https://forum.ragezone.com/f152/rf-online-1075313/

The post by me. I use a model program for edits then take that format to .msh If you got a weapon model laying around I'll port it in real fast just to show you if want more evidence.

I'm aware of what the R3MapExp is used for, its connected to the process of making new maps. Thanks it should make it a step closer to new maps :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no one have it, only script 1.5 is shared :D:
oh, i heard only owner of rf POA (if i'm not wrong) have full serverfiles, i dont know who is it tho'.
no one else have it...

Maybe someone have those files,but he/she can not share now!We just wait ,maybe someday,when we view this forum,we see,"wow,the rf v1.5 server files~!"hahaha. :):):):):):):)

Reaction score
Maybe someone have those files,but he/she can not share now!We just wait ,maybe someday,when we view this forum,we see,"wow,the rf v1.5 server files~!"hahaha. :):):):):):):)
no, so far as far as i know, only 1 person left have those files, and it's rf poa owner if i'm not wrong, and they announced it on their fanspage if i remember correctly...
if someone else claim to have it, it might be scammer :p:

Reaction score

whats the edit client source for? tried building with 2012 visual studio and failed what version is it built in?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The source builds out an editor for Character Data, World Control, and Viewing Accounts

I updated it and then compiled in 2013 Visual Studio, there are some issues that need to be rewritten by doing so had to comment out the a few lines till I figure out the right way to fix this error
'sqrt' : ambiguous call to overloaded function

in AnalysisAvatorData.cpp
pGeneral->cntExpWp.dwCnt = pData->dbStat.m_dwDamWpCnt;
//need to fix the line below its the second sqrt but currently can't think of a rewrite for it
pGeneral->cntExpWp.nLv = (BYTE)sqrt( ((pData->dbStat.m_dwDamWpCnt+1)/1000) + sqrt(pData->dbStat.m_dwDamWpCnt+1) );

If someone saves me time by finding a fix for that i'll release my compiled version of it.

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
m_dwDamWpCnt are likely custom defined datatypes/objects.

No i don't have the rest of the 1.5 files - never bothered with them.

The gamecp was a collab project with gmoney - and currently its been offered for the project leaded by ron.. no idea where that reached or whats going on with that. Website ful lsource + cms+ database script are in the release.

As for gameguard i end up using the rf-dev.net or something like that... wasn't worth the time to waste on trying to somehow make your own. There is some older rvGuard source (cant recall if it actually worked 100% or even what is fixed there).
https://mega.nz/#!XEpX0ARB!HcqsHpurZeJ3p3FfcMUy_qDiLzvpy__kg9MajB9TtIo

The .msh format in the end isn't all that bad - for basic mesh.
My focus was mostly on the transformation matrices/particle poitns and the rest of the special features on the mesh, if i recall mesh08 looked more promising for proper reverse engineering. What RF needs is a actual converter for one of the popular 3d tools - then it MIGHT revive the game when custom content starts to show. ( msh/mesh08.strs and bsp.strs).
If you work with the msh format - keep in mind that the original msh is based off 3dsmax models. I think it even was in some old infograph about what tools they used. And the plugin was likely made by the same guy who made the map exporter.
Im not that good with C++ but the map exporter source should have the part for msh aswell since maps use same model format.

Edit client... was a kind of map builder thing i think? You can enable development mode in game on a dev grade account (F1-12 forgot what did what) to see collision frames and statistical info for example. Edit client should allow you to patch the terrain holes that people can easily abuse.

Also there is a more or less complete .eff structure - if anyone is quick at C++ or similar, shouldn't be hard to build a proper editor for that (
effectv2final.strs).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
m_dwDamWpCnt are likely custom defined datatypes/objects.

No i don't have the rest of the 1.5 files - never bothered with them.

The gamecp was a collab project with gmoney - and currently its been offered for the project leaded by ron.. no idea where that reached or whats going on with that. Website ful lsource + cms+ database script are in the release.

As for gameguard i end up using the rf-dev.net or something like that... wasn't worth the time to waste on trying to somehow make your own. There is some older rvGuard source (cant recall if it actually worked 100% or even what is fixed there).
https://mega.nz/#!XEpX0ARB!HcqsHpurZeJ3p3FfcMUy_qDiLzvpy__kg9MajB9TtIo

The .msh format in the end isn't all that bad - for basic mesh.
My focus was mostly on the transformation matrices/particle poitns and the rest of the special features on the mesh, if i recall mesh08 looked more promising for proper reverse engineering. What RF needs is a actual converter for one of the popular 3d tools - then it MIGHT revive the game when custom content starts to show. ( msh/mesh08.strs and bsp.strs).
If you work with the msh format - keep in mind that the original msh is based off 3dsmax models. I think it even was in some old infograph about what tools they used. And the plugin was likely made by the same guy who made the map exporter.
Im not that good with C++ but the map exporter source should have the part for msh aswell since maps use same model format.

Edit client... was a kind of map builder thing i think? You can enable development mode in game on a dev grade account (F1-12 forgot what did what) to see collision frames and statistical info for example. Edit client should allow you to patch the terrain holes that people can easily abuse.

Also there is a more or less complete .eff structure - if anyone is quick at C++ or similar, shouldn't be hard to build a proper editor for that (
effectv2final.strs).

Ya i seen the old photograph of the the process. 3D Max is honestly my favorite modelling program (I tested a ton of different expensive ones). For me the normal .msh is easier for a full reverse process mainly because I even managed to import a lower ingame that has movement. The only issue with it was no idea how a section of data was calculated so it didn't stay the same shape when the player walked. That photo didn't have it but I got the glows on custom meshes working too.

I think MapTool is the one your thinking because the compiled Edit Client can load up .dat files and does stuff that is Character related editing when fully functional. It even has a log system for when a person does an edit.

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
Effects are nothing but a transformation matrices. No 3d data. Seem to be linked to specific points on the skeleton.

If it changes shape, then the weights don't match the bones properly. Try using one of the default basic 3dsmax skeletons with mesh (there should be a few demo projects). But even then its random, until you can also export matching bones or manage to actually load bones from RF and build/ weight the mesh to those bones properly.

May have been map tool.. i know there were more diff tools - some of which are heavily map related (skybox generator and bsp packing tools) - and oen labeled Effect Editor - which i assume should be for most particle effects.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A tool already exists for importing the bones into max, I got a copy of it laying around + an animation viewer so I could simulate the results without needing to login. I know for sure it works in 2015, not sure about earlier versions.

In max i'm almost positive the glow effect location for weapons / monsters is a thing called "Dummy". The dummy i'm talking about are Option -> Helpers -> Dummy. Not a lot of formats keep dummy in the file after saving but i know a few that do keep it.

How many of the tools / which ones have you managed to compile yourself?

Just got the R3Bsp.exe, Prescript.exe, and EntityExporter.exe compiled too, can't exactly check for errors right now because its wants .maps so need to build that guy next...

Last edited:
Leech feeder.
Reaction score
I think most of the tools were compiled in the folder with the bsp tool/anim exporter etc.. R3Bsp one needs some config file if i recall aswell.. but i have no idea where i put all of them. Likely lost in one of the windows clean installs.

Yeah dummy sounds right - they are points without any vertices. Dummy points are also used as a weapon mount locations (like shield for example).
Animations shouldn't be a big issue if a more or less standard 3ds max rig is used - as long as bone names match.
If you can import the bones - you can try animating the model with basic movements and see if it stretches/ breaks anywhere.

All i could find left is

I thought posted them here some time ago aswell.
en.pudn.com good place to look for source - lots of fakes and duplicates tho.
source\RF Online Sourcecode\R3Engine\R3Engine\Util
got most tools.

Can't remember my account there so cant download those.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally realized why some of these programs seem familiar, been looking for a compiled version but all the links have been dead for years.
Hoping the .bsp process works, always thought some maps could of been designed better.

For the most part I been avoiding pudn and other sites that exact reason, lots of fakes. Are those links ones you used to have so you know its not a fake or just ones you been eyeing at for a later date?

I'm guessing the Ghost Client was the one used for making the Map viewer that has BM and OC as no texture? Also keep forgetting awhile back a guy told me Battlefront had something that made better graphics or something like that. Was that just larger textures and or putting particle effects on more things?

Honestly thanks for the source code in your release, its so much better then compiled tools.

Back