Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Misc structures, tools, research etc

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
The errors likely come from corrupted comments that get messed up and break the code.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
cplayer_etc.cpp, citem.cpp, citem.h, citemmgr.cpp, citemmgr.h, CnetworkMgr_EventMsg.cpp, CnetworkMgr_FightMsg.cpp all have 0 bytes.
Were the files that way when you got them?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
K figured as much but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the suggestion to look at weights btw. Was looking at some values and I believe I discovered more logical sense. In a bit I'm going to test it, (90% sure its going to work) if I'm correct i'll have done stuff absolutely nobody else has done.

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
the mesh must have weights, else they would be static and couldn't be animated.
RF can only be revived if there is some truly custom content - not reskins. Armors, character models, monsters, weapons etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My test was successful so in a few months one lucky server will have the first NEW ARMOR (FULL SET). It won't be completely over the top, mainly just minor tweaks to resemble an armor set from a different game but the concept is there. Might be faster might be slower all depends on how busy my personal life is. Most important thing is not to rush the stuff, I rather have a few well done that still look decent with mismatched sets then a bunch of stuff that only looks good if you have a full set of it. Plus now that I got armor working I could most likely do new animated mobs too.

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
A faster start would be some stationary custom object - like a chip replacement (to get rid of hiding inside it).
Releasing something basic like that would bring a lot of attention to the 3d work for rf.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server owner doesn't want to change out the chip, plus you already could get rid of hiding inside chips by using the 1.5 flag banners.

Need to get a newer IDA Pro then I was thinking about trying to add in the tab to target system gamecampus has to a clean 2.2.3 bin. Having that imo would cooler and help deal with some issues RF has. Going to wait on it a bit first though. There are still bugs with the system right now, rather not need to redo it later.

Doing armor sets I can actually double up on stuff, like upgrading the turncoat armor with it at the same time. Still want to find a way to do new maps though. All new monsters on a new map is what will actually change interest levels. Players have seen the same exact maps for so long there is no sense of adventure / exploration left.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My googling skills are better :) In the event the files to install vs6 works maybe you could help me find a set of files i been searching for and we could trade sets of files?

I was trying to get it to compile in VS 2013 but got 2 errors, first was missing a .lib file that comes with VS6 and the other was basically saying some libs were outdated doubtful i can get the source for the lib for an current version...

Reaction score
My googling skills are better :) In the event the files to install vs6 works maybe you could help me find a set of files i been searching for and we could trade sets of files?

I was trying to get it to compile in VS 2013 but got 2 errors, first was missing a .lib file that comes with VS6 and the other was basically saying some libs were outdated doubtful i can get the source for the lib for an current version...
which files/lib you want? o_O
i dont have vs 2013 tho' only using vs 2010

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Umm I actually got a list to choose from some of the ones are just me not justifying paying money for a project that has 0 return on investment .

EffectEdit or GhostClient as seen on pudn are kinda interesting
Berkanix armor files (the game is dead now but it was pretty much an RF Clone)
or just a favor in the event I get a Zone Server / Account Server / Login Server compiled to test it to see if it works. (The files claim to be 2.2.1 but we shall see)

Right now I'm in the process of transferring the installer to my other computer then I'll find out for sure about it. If your thinking about the pudn option I would wait till I confirm that what i got works first. PS I got a copy of Borland CPP Builder to check out if it works too for the CCR launcher source someone else released sometime ago. In the event I'm correct using that would be much better than the C# launcher.

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
VS6.0 would be the best since all the source and projects are from that time, it would eliminate compatibility problems.

The map tools main advantage right now would be the ability to fix collision meshes on maps (holes where people can walk/glitch through terrain, won't help with actual CE hacks tho). And perhaps remove/modify collisions in some areas where it wont allow you to jump down the edge of a platform for example in towns.
Also It would allow adding a collision mesh around the chips - no one can go inside them then.
Also the barricades around chips are bad - they only server to break targeting and allow people endlessly to kite around them.

Reaction score
VS6.0 would be the best since all the source and projects are from that time, it would eliminate compatibility problems.

The map tools main advantage right now would be the ability to fix collision meshes on maps (holes where people can walk/glitch through terrain, won't help with actual CE hacks tho). And perhaps remove/modify collisions in some areas where it wont allow you to jump down the edge of a platform for example in towns.
Also It would allow adding a collision mesh around the chips - no one can go inside them then.
Also the barricades around chips are bad - they only server to break targeting and allow people endlessly to kite around them.
that is exactly the only thing i need/i want,
i want to edit the map collision, nothing else, nothing more.

anyone able to compile it?
i dont have vs6, somehow cant find it, only able to get visual basic 6, even using pirate ebay, but cant find any...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
VS6 is now working:) Time to move over RF stuff and finally get the map tool working. Plus hopefully the cool stuff like Zoneserver because compiling it out of C++ imo is so much better than using a .dll Almost feeling like a deeply modded 2.2.1 or what version the zone would to be too awesome for the players realize it.
likertuban check your messages, you should be able to find it now (PRO version is the one i got working password when needed is a bunch of 1s)
@lifestream If my memory is correct one of the early versions didn't have the dumb barricades.

just a little update, even in VS6 there are some errors literally am running VS6 on one computer 2013 on the other and using the 2013 version to help sort though the errors.

Last edited:
Leech feeder.
Reaction score
Barricades came in 216. You can actually use earlier map files and get rid of them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
R3Engine seems to main source of issues for getting the MapTool to work. Don't remember / can't tell if the error is made from adding in missing files but the files I have for R3Engine files are using #include windows.h. R3Engine has to be converted to a MFC app to match MapTool (maptool is an MFC app) before there is any chance to compile it. Just commenting out the #include window.h won't fix it, needs to have much more work done to it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
By any chance do you know anyone running a 2.1.5 or below? If you do would you mind asking them to upload just the map, i rather not download a full client just for 1 file unless absolutely necessary. Having it might be useful for working on a process to alter .bsp

Someone pmed me and gave me a copy of the maps. In the process of discussing some stuff it led to me be at about 80% of cracking the .bn format as in potential for NEW SKELETONS (required for badass looking new mobs). Only part left till its 100% is confirming the sequence that consists of a valid line then making it automated instead of hexing it.

Last edited:
Back