Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] PatchInfo Generator (make RF Launcher auto update work)

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER : this launcher/the tool generator use CRC check and generate CRC for patchinfo accordingly, it didn't use any file timestamp, so I don't think timezone different had anything to do with it, if it had anything, then please let me know

Hey, today I want to share it with you Patch Info Generator,
this program is used to generate patchinfo.z and tmp (zip file) for the files in the patch list that will be downloaded by the launcher, both of them are being used in launcher emulator and to make the launcher auto update work (I only tested with 2232 launcher).

REQUIREMENT :
.net framework 4.0 (if it doesn't work try .net framework 4.5, but 4.0 is recommended)

- here is the download to the program :
- This is the emulator I used : (put this file on www folder on the AppServ then right click and click on extract here)
- This is the httpd.conf : (put this on AppServ\Apache2.2\conf\)

Tutorial/Guide :
- here's how I tested, put all the files you want to be auto updated on the www\Download\ folder
- put "Patch Info Generator.exe" AND "DotNetZip.dll" (both of them are necessary) on the www\Download\ folder
- run "Patch Info Generator.exe" and click on generate

WARNING :
BE AWARE OF WHITESPACE, ANY FILE YOU PUT ON AUTO UPDATE SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY SPACE IN IT'S NAME, OR YOUR PATCH WILL FAIL

ANOTHER NOTE :
THERE'S 3 FILE THAT WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM PATCH LIST :
- "Patch Info Generator.exe"/this program doesn't matter what you change the name to
- DotNetZip.dll
- newRF.cab

--------------------update----------------------
Update V2/final version perhaps?
link :
changelog :
- added the ability to edit current patchinfo instead of creating/generating a new one (seriously, I should rename to program to patchinfo manager instead of generator -_-)
- you could add your own encryption key now, or just generate a random

Note : if you find bug, you are always welcome to report it to me, if this v2 broke beyond usable and won't run, just use the previous version

video :

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sir always releases the code together. Why doesn't it include the source code this time? Haha

Reaction score
sir always releases the code together. Why doesn't it include the source code this time? Haha
now that you mention it, I forgot to update the version 2.hahaha
will update the post shortly,well, to answer the question, at that time I am creating this thread, the program is still in development and the tool is too simple with nothing to expand anymore, so I will just post the compiled version, probably I should create the video as well later.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cant get it to work :C

I do get patch success but no files are being downloaded. Its also skipping the analyzing files part. Checked Launcher IPs and nothing happens.

Used the Emulator and configs you uploaded and created a new patchinfo with the program.

Anyone have this same issue?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cant get it to work :C

I do get patch success but no files are being downloaded. Its also skipping the analyzing files part. Checked Launcher IPs and nothing happens.

Used the Emulator and configs you uploaded and created a new patchinfo with the program.

Anyone have this same issue?
If it’s skipping analyzing part, the only thing I can think of is your client is already match the update data so there’s no need to re analyze it,
analyze happened when patchinfo hash data doesn’t match with client hash in system folder,
you could also force analyze by deleting patch info in the system folder, I forgot the filename tho’
You could also post what is the contain of your current patchinfo from the tool, just click edit and post it here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Solved it! The emulator was skipping the analyze. Therefore was bypassing the item checks. Used another emulator that had Update10, Config10, and Launcher10. Added a "Download" Folder from which the files where updating properly!

Thanks again. Finally got the client auto update working and it works perfect!

Back