Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Default AutoUpdate for RFCLIENT Tutorial!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a video tutorial on how to make the default Updater from the RF Client work properly. As I'm tired of everyone charging money for knowledge that should be free and available to everyone! Enjoy!

ALL CREDITS TO NOVANAKAL AND LIKERTUBAN whose files I used in this tutorial!

Video =

Files REQUIRED
AppServ 9.3.0 =
Emulator and Base Dir =
Client = PlayRF Clean Client (search on forum)

This is for the 2.2.3.2 Version of the Game!
Hope it helps!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Nice guide, but I can't seem to make it work using apache and using public ip for launcher and patch, also changing launcher ip.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Nice guide, but I can't seem to make it work using apache and using public ip for launcher and patch, also changing launcher ip.

Yea its cant work using that emulator even use AppServ 9.3.0 for online server .
and of course by using that version appserv its wont compatible with the php script like chip stats total player banlist top pvp etc .
I use mine emulator work for public and LAN, for the appserv use version 2.6.0 , but there are something strange for the auto updater doesnt work in windows 10 up to windows server 2022 , its seems only can work for old windows xp and 7 .

chitoconcas - Default AutoUpdate for RFCLIENT Tutorial! - RaGEZONE Forums

if need protection about appserv , i can give my subnet banlist and httacess setting to block bot attack .
in 1 hour there are just 3 attack that show at list ( its because already block most of their IP in firewall ) .
its effective than dont use subnet banlist rule in firewall .
my firewall rule block most subnet IP of rusian china korea brazil india singapore vietnam US .
I collect their IP from my log appserv when running my server for almost 6 month now .
if need ASN banned list for cloudflare setting i can give it too , I collect those ASN who try hack my server and now I already ban 383 ASN .

This setting security are good for host the server in Indonesia and Philipines . for the 6 month run the server , there are none attack that come from Indonesia and Philipines IP .

Reaction score

Yea its cant work using that emulator even use AppServ 9.3.0 for online server .
and of course by using that version appserv its wont compatible with the php script like chip stats total player banlist top pvp etc .
I use mine emulator work for public and LAN, for the appserv use version 2.6.0 , but there are something strange for the auto updater doesnt work in windows 10 up to windows server 2022 , its seems only can work for old windows xp and 7 .

chitoconcas - Default AutoUpdate for RFCLIENT Tutorial! - RaGEZONE Forums

if need protection about appserv , i can give my subnet banlist and httacess setting to block bot attack .
in 1 hour there are just 3 attack that show at list ( its because already block most of their IP in firewall ) .
its effective than dont use subnet banlist rule in firewall .
my firewall rule block most subnet IP of rusian china korea brazil india singapore vietnam US .
I collect their IP from my log appserv when running my server for almost 6 month now .
if need ASN banned list for cloudflare setting i can give it too , I collect those ASN who try hack my server and now I already ban 383 ASN .

This setting security are good for host the server in Indonesia and Philipines . for the 6 month run the server , there are none attack that come from Indonesia and Philipines IP .

can both of you tell me if this not working only on public IP and working fine on local? or both doesn't work on local and WAN IP?
because I tried on local using appserv 9.3.0 using this emulator files :
https://forum.ragezone.com/f479/release-patchinfo-generator-rf-launcher-1194721/
both emulator and auto updater is working just fine

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
can both of you tell me if this not working only on public IP and working fine on local? or both doesn't work on local and WAN IP?
https://forum.ragezone.com/f479/release-patchinfo-generator-rf-launcher-1194721/

idk whats wrong with that emulator when I try it without web for vhost even just change the local IP to LAN / Public IP its wont connect .
its does show error log NET CLR etc . For OS I use windows 2022 .
For Launcher I use my RFLauncher 223 support to 4.15 with Language support Datatable en-gb and en-ph.
For .httaccess I use my setting like this to block some bot attack and set the redirection page for 301 redirect and etc , you can see it here

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm sorry, It's working now when I tried using windows vps. But I can't seem to make it work on my local pc public ip. It wont analyze or download patch even though i patch and updated patchinfo.z on update folder.

Reaction score
idk whats wrong with that emulator when I try it without web for vhost even just change the local IP to LAN / Public IP its wont connect .
its does show error log NET CLR etc . For OS I use windows 2022 .
For Launcher I use my RFLauncher 223 support to 4.15 with Language support Datatable en-gb and en-ph.
For .httaccess I use my setting like this to block some bot attack and set the redirection page for 301 redirect and etc , you can see it here
well, your emulator seem to be complicated, maybe because you use it for online and not offline, the emulator on my thread is rather a simple one perhaps not good for online, there's no script in it, only config file,
as for vhost thing, I don't even bother, just edit httpd.conf you could just add "Listen 8080" and "Listen 10007" below "Listen 80" disable any vhost and restart, there's no need for .htaccess, just do everything on root :lol: but I can say that everything is working just fine even auto updater using appserv 9.3, I use windows 11 tho'
I suggest you to just rename launcher to Log_RF.exe and read netlog to check what happened and trace the problem

I'm sorry, It's working now when I tried using windows vps. But I can't seem to make it work on my local pc public ip. It wont analyze or download patch even though i patch and updated patchinfo.z on update folder.
my guess is your launcher IP in the client isn't correct and can't connect to emulator

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a video tutorial on how to make the default Updater from the RF Client work properly. As I'm tired of everyone charging money for knowledge that should be free and available to everyone! Enjoy!

ALL CREDITS TO NOVANAKAL AND LIKERTUBAN whose files I used in this tutorial!

Video =

Files REQUIRED
AppServ 9.3.0 =
Emulator and Base Dir =
Client = PlayRF Clean Client (search on forum)

This is for the 2.2.3.2 Version of the Game!
Hope it helps!

Nice! Works great on apache 2.2.4 also. Paired with Likertuben's patchinfo.z maker, life is easy! Now if we can only get a decent Gameguard/Zoneserver with some modules released.

Back