Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

add items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inactive
Reaction score
I followed this guide --> http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/adding-items-server-spoon-fed-696320/

i went through it 1-3 times, i still can't get my item to show in inventory :(

i do the /ci command and nothing happens..what am i doing wrong

While this guide has some solid pointers it was written based on the V15 formatting and is a bit outdated in some aspects.

Find a similar item and copy it and change to your needs is the easiest and fastest way to approach this.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am using V15 client

i will find similar item and copy it and change it to the item i want

I have found a similar item, and i copy it and change it to the model i want to add. It doesnt work, i type the number in /ci and nothing happens.

Well, it some how work but problem now is when i open my Neuz it gave a pop up menu and i just click ok, it opened my game and i type my log in details in, it goes to next page (where i select server) when i click next it crashes the game. Like I can't get to the char select page.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delete the Item define in defineitem.h, merge the resource with the client. attempt a login once or twice, should delete the item from the server allowing you to log back in, as a test copy the code for the wooden sword or something and make a new name in the propitems.txt.txt along with the deifneitem.h and propitem.txt merge and see if you can spawn the item if not PM me I'll give you a hand when I can, I work nights and sleep odd hours so I'm not free much though.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Now i can't get in game at all. I click Neuz, it open and then it crash.

xD okay i deleted the whole flyff folder, and installed it again. Now it opens the Neuz. I get error saying "CModeMng::LoadScript(105) and some weird letters : GhouseroyalSof01, CI_GHOU_SOF_ROYAL_01"

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well i notice that every time I type the correct "item file name" as in the inventory icon name. Then the game crashes, it cant go to select char window, it gets stuck and crashes when i click next on the "choose server" window.

Every time i put my defineitem.h, propitem.txt, propitem.txt.txt, and mdldyna in flyff server folder, when i open flyff it works, when i enter my log in details it works, but it can't go past select server, it stuck there. It crashes to the desktop. What am i doing wrong?

Okay, idk why the item doesnt show in inventory.

I did everything what this tutorial said -> http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/adding-items-server-spoon-fed-696320/

Lmfao i found the problem..

in defineitem.h, i put my weapon model number #30900 it didn't work, so i test it on a model that i know for a fact is working, again not working..so i think to myself maybe game can't do high numbers? so i made my new weapon model to #6701 and it worked lol

wonder why it can't do high number, ah well..im glad it is working now. Thanks to all the people who helped :) really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Clearly you've messed up somewhere so let's start right from the start. Follow me step by step and don't skip anything.

First, use a stable version without the issue or just use the clean files form Ketchups.
Simply a version without any kinds of issues or changes that could interfere in any way.
Clear the Database too, by simply starting the Database script again.

Second, the files you need to edit are so open them in notepad++:
Code:
- propItem.txt (since you use v15, "Spec_Item.txt" otherwise for v16++)
- propItem.txt.txt
- mdlDyna.inc
- defineItem.h

We start with "propItem.txt.txt", scroll at the bottom of it and add two extra entries, the last should be "IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012175". The first of the two has the items name, second the description.

We added this:
Code:
IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012176 Super Awesome Long Sword
IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012177 Super Awesome Description

While in there search for the entry of the "Long Sword" (CTRL + F).
It's the 20th entry "IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_000020 Long Sword"

Now we head over to "propItem.txt", and search for this part: "IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_000020".

This is the line we are after:
Code:
6    II_WEA_SWO_LONG    IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_000020 ....

Copy the whole thing and paste it at the bottom of the file, right below this "14 II_SYS_SYS_SCR_BXBONE01 IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012174 ..."

Our new line won't work yet, so we change a few things.
Code:
II_WEA_SWO_LONG to II_WEA_SWO_SUPER_LONG
Code:
IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_000020 to IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012176
Code:
IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_000021 to IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012177
You can find the second thing far at the right.

It will look like this afterwards:
Code:
6    II_WEA_SWO_SUPER_LONG IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012176 1    1    IK1_WEAPON    IK2_WEAPON_DIRECT    IK3_SWD    JOB_VAGRANT    TRUE    =    =    190    7200000    100    180    HD_ONE    =    PARTS_RWEAPON    =    0    =    =    4    4    1    1    =    =    =    12    14    _NONE    0    0    0    0    0    =    WT_MELEE_SWD    AS_HORIZONTAL    AS_DIAGONAL    AS_VERTICAL    AS_THRUST    =    =    =    =    =    0.085    =    AR_SHORT    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    XI_HIT_SWORD01    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    WEAPON_GENERAL    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    0    0    0    0    0    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    =    SND_PC_DMGSWD    SND_PC_DMGSWDC    """itm_WeaSwoNormal.dds"""    0    """""" IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_012177

Now "mdlDyna.inc", search for "II_WEA_SWO_LONG" and copy the whole line and paste it right below it, change "II_WEA_SWO_LONG" to "II_WEA_SWO_SUPER_LONG" and we're done here too.
Code:
"WeaSwoWooden"   II_WEA_SWO_WOODEN                     MODELTYPE_MESH "" 0  MD_NEAR 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1
"WeaSwoNormal"   II_WEA_SWO_LONG                       MODELTYPE_MESH "" 0  MD_NEAR 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1
"WeaSwoNormal"   II_WEA_SWO_SUPER_LONG                   MODELTYPE_MESH "" 0  MD_NEAR 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1
"WeaSwoHandsa"   II_WEA_SWO_HANDCLAW                   MODELTYPE_MESH "" 0  MD_NEAR 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1

Head over to "defineItem.h" and search for "II_WEA_SWO_LONG", copy the entry and paste it at the BOTTOM/END of the file - ABOVE "#endif".

Code:
#define II_WEA_SWO_LONG                 23
#endif

Crucial part is the number 23, it's the unique Id of the item (such as the use of /ci 23, to create the long sword).

Search for the second to last entry of "propItem.txt", which should be "II_SYS_SYS_SCR_BXBONE01", search for it and look at the number behind it.

Code:
#define    II_SYS_SYS_SCR_BXBONE01                20307

It goes on until the number "20331", then it starts with "30005".
Our number will be "20332", so change our 23 to it.

Code:
#define II_WEA_SWO_SUPER_LONG                  20332
#endif

To make sure that our number is unique, search for it. If it's taken, errors will occur, until it has a unique number assigned to it (some other things to consider but to keep it simple lets ignore them)

With this we have successfully added a new item to our files, make sure to Merge otherwise it won't work.
Start the server, log in as usual as admin and type this:
Code:
/ci 20332
/ci "Super Awesome Long Sword"

If you've done everything as explained, you will have 2x the Weapon in your inventory, "Super Awesome Long Sword".
Those are the simple steps to add a new item, just look for similar item types if you have trouble and go from there (Weapons to weapons, helmets to helmets...).

Appearance and such, read up on them in the Guide you've posted and you should get there too.
Take your time and take it step by step, item by item. If you do multiple things at once, mistakes are bound to happen. Also, always, always make a backup before you edit stuff, this will prevent such issue in the first place.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It is working now, the problem was in the defineitem.h

i put #define II_WEA_STA_BLOODY 30900 and it didn't work.
so i made it #define II_WEA_STA_BLOODY 6701

for some reason my flyff can't do high numbers.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
One quick question, i tried to add an item that is a elementor set, I only added the boots. When I tried to get in game, it got stuck again at select server.

Must I add the whole set ( boots, suit, gloves, and hat) for it to work??

lmao now i can't log in at all.

Why is it so hard to add items lol doesn't matter what u do, it either crash or doesn't work at all.

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
One quick question, i tried to add an item that is a elementor set, I only added the boots. When I tried to get in game, it got stuck again at select server.

Must I add the whole set ( boots, suit, gloves, and hat) for it to work??

lmao now i can't log in at all.

Why is it so hard to add items lol doesn't matter what u do, it either crash or doesn't work at all.

You don't need to add the entire set.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well I tried to add an armor, did everything right. I even look at the other examples when i enter in neuz i couldn't go past select server screen

Now the world server keeps on crashing lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back