Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where can I change weapon/Armor upgrade bonus per level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try to search in resource and source folder I found just accessory.inc that determine stat bonus for fashion and accessory upgrade per level.

I try to search in ItemUpgrade.cpp by translate some korean but can't figure it out where to change it.

Ex. Normally when upgrade Bloody sword from +0>+1 it give 8 atk
when upgrade Ultimate Bloody sword from +0>+1 it give 1 atk [I want to change it to 16]

Inactive
Reaction score
I try to search in resource and source folder I found just accessory.inc that determine stat bonus for fashion and accessory upgrade per level.

I try to search in ItemUpgrade.cpp by translate some korean but can't figure it out where to change it.

Ex. Normally when upgrade Bloody sword from +0>+1 it give 8 atk
when upgrade Ultimate Bloody sword from +0>+1 it give 1 atk [I want to change it to 16]

Judging based on how the spec handles the min attack (dwAbilityMin) and max attack (dwAbilityMax) rates.

I would search the source for dwAbilityMax and find the part where it handles dmg on weapons and go from there.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this something relate to damage scale that I want? ItemUpgrade.cpp

#if __VER >= 13 // __EXT_ENCHANT
// 일반제련
lua.GetGloabal( "tGeneral" );
lua.PushNil();
while( lua.TableLoop( -2 ) )
{
m_mapGeneralEnchant.insert( make_pair( static_cast<int>(lua.ToNumber(-2)), static_cast<int>(lua.ToNumber(-1)) ) );
lua.Pop( 1 );
}
lua.Pop(0);

// 속성제련
lua.GetGloabal( "tAttribute" );
lua.PushNil();
while( lua.TableLoop( -2 ) )
{
__ATTRIBUTE_ENCHANT attrEnchant;
attrEnchant.nProb = static_cast<int>(lua.GetFieldToNumber( -1, "nProb" ));
attrEnchant.nAddDamageRate = static_cast<int>(lua.GetFieldToNumber( -1, "nDamageRate" ));
#if __VER >= 14 // __EXT_ATTRIBUTE
attrEnchant.nDefenseRate = static_cast<int>(lua.GetFieldToNumber( -1, "nDefenseRate" ));
attrEnchant.nAddAtkDmgRate = static_cast<int>(lua.GetFieldToNumber( -1, "nAddAtkDmgRate" ));
#endif // __EXT_ATTRIBUTE
m_mapAttributeEnchant.insert( make_pair( static_cast<int>(lua.ToNumber(-2)), attrEnchant ) );
lua.Pop( 1 );
#if __VER < 14 // __EXT_ATTRIBUTE
if( ( ::GetLanguage() == LANG_FRE || ::GetLanguage() == LANG_GER ) && m_mapAttributeEnchant.size() == 10 )
break;
#endif // __EXT_ATTRIBUTE
}
lua.Pop(0);
#endif // __EXT_ENCHANT

But I don't understand what it mean.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found something in propEnchant.inc

NORMAL 0
AL 0
NONE 0

// Kind L1 L2 L3 L4 L5 L6 L7 L8 L9 L10
NORMAL_SCAL 0 0 0 0 0 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7
ALL_SCAL 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1 1.1 1.2

I try to change every scale to 2 and set Normal All None to 1 then change scale to 2 it also not working.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try to change things in source but I can't make it work so I change the max upgrade to +20 instead.

I found this table "expUpitem" locate in ExpTable.inc it is scale control per level that I want.

it is work with normal item.
When change the number it is scale up normal item ATK-DEF up to +20 [Which is new cap I increase]

But the problem is it is not working for Ultimate weapon.

I try to find "ExpUpItem" in Project.cpp but can't find the way to make it work with ultimate.

Can someone give me some advice about this.

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
I try to change things in source but I can't make it work so I change the max upgrade to +20 instead.

I found this table "expUpitem" locate in ExpTable.inc it is scale control per level that I want.

it is work with normal item.
When change the number it is scale up normal item ATK-DEF up to +20 [Which is new cap I increase]

But the problem is it is not working for Ultimate weapon.

I try to find "ExpUpItem" in Project.cpp but can't find the way to make it work with ultimate.

Can someone give me some advice about this.

Again and I repeat it has to do with dwAbilityMax not ItemUpgrade.lua, not ExpUpItem like you continue to go on and on about lol.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Use code / quote / spoiler tags to organize your posts.
2. Organize your thoughts. It looks like you're jumping all over the place without an understanding of what you're looking at or reading. Or you're attempting to understand too much at once.

I did what ketchup told you in his first post in this thread, and found what you want. Meanwhile, your first post references "__EXT_ENCHANT" and "__EXT_ATTRIBUTE" which is for elements. This can be found out by looking at the lua file and entries or it can be figured out with the handy feature of CTRL+SHIFT+F (find all in solution).

The second post is still with elements -> __Y_ADV_ENCHANT_EFFECT and looking at some results of that you'd see the following code in the function "CreateParticle"
Code:
				case PE_FIRE_AL:
				case PE_ELEC_AL:
				case PE_WATER_AL:
				case PE_WIND_AL:
				case PE_EARTH_AL:
				case PE_GEN_AL:
					fScalLevel = prj.m_fEnchantLevelScal[1][nLevel-1];
					break;
				case PE_FIRE:
				case PE_ELEC:
				case PE_WATER:
				case PE_WIND:
				case PE_EARTH:
				case PE_GEN:
					fScalLevel = prj.m_fEnchantLevelScal[0][nLevel-1];
					break;

Lastly, you're finally getting close. You found resource entries for the system, but it can still be solved with CTRL+SHIFT+F. If you searched "expupitem" without case sensitivity and in soluiton, you'd literally find it. But, same thing with what ketchup has said by searching dwAbilityMax.

Edit: Also, you'd have to do both searches as there's multiple places where the similar things are done or search for function name to see where its called.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already try to search about dwAbilityMax [There is many file that contain dwAbilityMax but only few line.]

But I only found.

Vis pet Bead
Attack party link
PVP damage
Item Transy
pAttacker
Skill
Buff

and this things "void CWndMgr::putItemMinMax( CMover* pMover, CItemElem* pItemElem, CEditString* pEdit )" that look like number that I can change but I can't get it to increase Att/Def of item

1. Use code / quote / spoiler tags to organize your posts.
2. Organize your thoughts. It looks like you're jumping all over the place without an understanding of what you're looking at or reading. Or you're attempting to understand too much at once.

I did what ketchup told you in his first post in this thread, and found what you want. Meanwhile, your first post references "__EXT_ENCHANT" and "__EXT_ATTRIBUTE" which is for elements. This can be found out by looking at the lua file and entries or it can be figured out with the handy feature of CTRL+SHIFT+F (find all in solution).

The second post is still with elements -> __Y_ADV_ENCHANT_EFFECT and looking at some results of that you'd see the following code in the function "CreateParticle"
Code:
                case PE_FIRE_AL:
                case PE_ELEC_AL:
                case PE_WATER_AL:
                case PE_WIND_AL:
                case PE_EARTH_AL:
                case PE_GEN_AL:
                    fScalLevel = prj.m_fEnchantLevelScal[1][nLevel-1];
                    break;
                case PE_FIRE:
                case PE_ELEC:
                case PE_WATER:
                case PE_WIND:
                case PE_EARTH:
                case PE_GEN:
                    fScalLevel = prj.m_fEnchantLevelScal[0][nLevel-1];
                    break;

Lastly, you're finally getting close. You found resource entries for the system, but it can still be solved with CTRL+SHIFT+F. If you searched "expupitem" without case sensitivity and in soluiton, you'd literally find it. But, same thing with what ketchup has said by searching dwAbilityMax.

Edit: Also, you'd have to do both searches as there's multiple places where the similar things are done or search for function name to see where its called.

The code that I need to change it is just number and keyword or I need to add something like new condition?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The code that I need to change it is just number and keyword or I need to add something like new condition?

It's a mathematical formula that is applied to the weapon damage that gets displayed / used in multiple places (if you're talking about increasing weapon / armor base ability stats based on abilityoption value. In fact, its pratically english/french/ etc as its just math.

As I said.
> Multiple places.
> There's a function used for most of them and you can find with CTRL+SHIFT+F with expupitem lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back