Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Error while Installing SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanna install SQL Server 2019 (also tried 2012) on my Windows Server 2019 Root but I get an error while installation.

Code:
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing  a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not  accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server  is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes  Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Ive googled for hours now and couldnt fix the issue. It's not like the error pops up when I wanna connect via SQL Manager it is within the installation already.

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanna install SQL Server 2019 (also tried 2012) on my Windows Server 2019 Root but I get an error while installation.

Code:
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing  a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not  accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server  is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes  Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Ive googled for hours now and couldnt fix the issue. It's not like the error pops up when I wanna connect via SQL Manager it is within the installation already.

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

Is it possibly already installed by default due to Window Server?

If not it might be the one your trying to install. I can't give you mine unfortunately due to ragezone now allowing warez but i would google around and look for SQL SERVER 2019 Enterprise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back