[Help] add the QuickJobChange In Source

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

Re: [Help] add the QuickJobChange In Source

Finally i got some error response.

This happened while opening the client. I didnt had this before when i tried to open it. Thats strange.
    Screen: https://postimg.cc/0zYyMqHq

I would guess i messed up an ID entry?

EDIT: checked "resdata.txt". Theres no double ID in there

EDIT2: Got it finally. Quickjobchange appears now. Thank you guys! Now i just have to find out why the job wont change when i click on the picture and it should be done
    Last edited by arimukun; 23-09-20 at 08:52 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    1,575Posts

I assume the format was incorrect on the app itself?
    I will not respond to help questions via pm.
    Use the correct help sections instead.

RageZone Discord | Community Guidelines

MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

I was experimenting with the resdata.inc.
    Tried to implement the code for the old one and changed it back to the new one.
    At last i ended where i was before. I can't tell you really what the issue was as the current status of my files is the same as when i started to look for help.. The same goes for the error i got when i opened neuz..

The ONLY thing i really did inbetween was to install QT for VS. But i doubt that changed anything.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    169Posts

Hmm, I know a long time ago I tried this out and it worked fine for me, the only real issue I could think of is you missed or messed something up, only real solution I could provide is you go over each step again double checking your work making sure you didn't mess up, unless you are crashing than debug?

MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

Got it working now. 3rd job aswell. Thanks to everyone reaching out to me with a helping hand!

I guess @Ketchup and you @n0tso1ee7 are right about that.
    Fails like that shouldnt happen again as i started to use Github now.

BUT: After i change to 3rd job the icon next to my characters name still is an H for Hero. Do i have to implement the change to an L for Legend or did i mess something up? Thanks!

My source: http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/vs19-...ntent-1174203/

EDIT:
    Im not sure as i stopped playing flyff for a long time. But it seems on official server the hero rank is the last one and the legend rank i saw somewhere was custom made. Can someone confirm that?
    Last edited by arimukun; 25-09-20 at 12:46 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    1,575Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arimukun View Post
    Got it working now. 3rd job aswell. Thanks to everyone reaching out to me with a helping hand!

I guess @Ketchup and you @n0tso1ee7 are right about that.
    Fails like that shouldnt happen again as i started to use Github now.

BUT: After i change to 3rd job the icon next to my characters name still is an H for Hero. Do i have to implement the change to an L for Legend or did i mess something up? Thanks!

My source: http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/vs19-...ntent-1174203/

EDIT:
    Im not sure as i stopped playing flyff for a long time. But it seems on official server the hero rank is the last one and the legend rank i saw somewhere was custom made. Can someone confirm that?
    Retail doesn't have a legend icon it uses hero afaik.

MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

It really seems like that. Thank you! Finally i finished this part

MemberRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    101Posts

When i choose a job window close and job isnt changing , where i can locate the problem ?

MemberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    56Posts

I hope this isint considered Necroing.
    Following the guide step by step, using Ketchup's vs19 v18 source I was able to correct all errors but one.

The Error
    The Line in the file
    My ResData.h showing it is defined

Inside WndChangeJobEx.cpp there already is #include ResData.h so I'm not sure why it would spit this error out?

Thank you for any help provided!

1st EDIT: The way this was fixed is that, there are TWO ResData.h files. One in the source the other in resource. I have both edited and this solved the error!

===New Issue===

Compiles and runs with 0 errors in VS or any logs in my log file. However, upon leveling up nothing happens.
    EDIT: It appears that I need to double check all of the files I have edited, maybe I'm too tired to see anything but it looks like I did change everything in the OP but with 0 results.
    Last edited by TSquirrel; 19-12-20 at 05:01 AM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    56Posts

The solution to my issue, of everything compiling and running with no errors, is double checking and making sure I copy and pasted everything right. (Also no Debug errors) So what I am asking for is help to verify that I did just that. To me it looks like everything is in the right place, so I need a fresh set of eyes to help me out. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by TSquirrel; 21-12-20 at 04:05 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    1,575Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSquirrel View Post
    The solution to my issue, of everything compiling and running with no errors, is double checking and making sure I copy and pasted everything right. (Also no Debug errors) So what I am asking for is help to verify that I did just that. To me it looks like everything is in the right place, so I need a fresh set of eyes to help me out. Thank you in advance!
    You need someone to verify that you copy/pasted correctly?

Can't you just do that yourself?

MemberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    56Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    You need someone to verify that you copy/pasted correctly?

Can't you just do that yourself?
    Sorry for the delayed reply, have been away from the pc for a while.

I know it sounds silly, but I've been racking my brain over this for a few days and to me it looks like that I copy and pasted everything correctly. But, it does not function and no errors. I'm just attempting to see if anyone could spot if I missed something or point me in the next direction to try and fix.

I did debug the neuz, I did look thru this entire thread and several others. I had other errors I was able to work thru such as adding "CDPSrvr::" to the line in the DPSrvr.cpp file but with no errors to go off of it leaves me just kinda stumped. Perhaps fresh eyes can see something I'm not, thats all.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    169Posts

Sorry for the delayed reply, have been away from the pc for a while.

I know it sounds silly, but I've been racking my brain over this for a few days and to me it looks like that I copy and pasted everything correctly. But, it does not function and no errors. I'm just attempting to see if anyone could spot if I missed something or point me in the next direction to try and fix.

I did debug the neuz, I did look thru this entire thread and several others. I had other errors I was able to work thru such as adding "CDPSrvr::" to the line in the DPSrvr.cpp file but with no errors to go off of it leaves me just kinda stumped. Perhaps fresh eyes can see something I'm not, thats all.
    So upon hitting level 15 no crash occurs nor does the fast job change window?

When I have some free time I'll double check what I can.

MemberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    56Posts

Correct, no window pops up. Also no crash, no neuz error, no log error, no compile error. Thank you! (:

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    169Posts

Correct, no window pops up. Also no crash, no neuz error, no log error, no compile error. Thank you! (:
    This might sound silly but you did add the WndChangeJobEx.cpp and WndChangeJobEx.h into the solution under _interface, correct?
    I think something pulled an include for one of these files but i'm not 100% sure if it would still manage to give 0 error just being able to find said file but worth a quick check.
    I can assume you update all of your data.res files along with the program files and neuz after an update that effects the client and woldserver?

as for the files I'm still a little busy if you want to drop me your discord via a PM I can see what I can do in a little bit.

Advertisement