Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Adding custom buff pickup pets to the server [V16+]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've searched a lot and I still have got a very relevant doubt.

How can I add a custom (buff) pickup pet to my server? Like a baby Clockworks that we've seen in many servers?

I already got full models (O3Ds/DDSs). I question this because even thou I did a lot of research, I can't figure out if that would be like adding a regular item to the server (which I think that the answer is no, to me pickup pets seem to be way more complex than regular itens, such as a shield, for instance).

So, what is the step by step to add a custom buff pickup pet to the server?

Obs: I know that my request may involve Spec_item.txt, propItem.txt.txt, defineItem.h, mdlDyna.inc, defineObj.h, propMover.txt and propMover.txt.txt. I took this information from an uncertain tutorial (which gave me no answers at all but the files list tbrh), because I can't see the connections among these 7 files, like, for instance, refering the O3D models to the pets. In short: I am very lost and unsure on how to add a new (buff) pickup pet to my server / is a buff pickup pet a monster that I turn into an item?

Could you guys please help me?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :laugh:

Edit:
Obs: I'm using Ketchup's VS19/v18 files.
Obs2: I did a long research job on this, but I can't find any tutorials on how to add new monsters to the game using my own 3d models. I found some little incomplete info, but I just CAN NOT understand the mechanics on where the Model files link to the coding. No clue at all.

Last edited:
One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use an existing buff pickup pets and copy it.. The files you mention that has to be edited are correct.
Edit the ItemID and MonsterID, o3d files loads in mdldyna.. the animations script is written (Don't have the resource on this computer so can't really show.)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit:
Obs: I'm using Ketchup's VS19/v18 files.
I just CAN NOT understand the mechanics on where the Model files link to the coding. No clue at all.

the models are "bound to coding" in the mdlDyna.inc.

Code:
	[COLOR=#ff0000]BigCobra[/COLOR]	MI_BIGCOBRA01	MODELTYPE_ANIMATED_MESH "" 0   MD_MID 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1
	{
		"stand"		MTI_STAND 
		"walk"		MTI_WALK 
		"idle1"		MTI_IDLE1 
		"idle1"		MTI_IDLE2
		"dmg1"		MTI_DMG1
		"dmg2"		MTI_DMG2
		"dmgFly"	MTI_DMGFLY
		"dmgDie"	MTI_DMGDIE
		"dmgLive"	MTI_DMGLIVE
		"die1"		MTI_DIE1
		"atk1"		MTI_ATK1
		"atk2"		MTI_ATK2
		"atk2"		MTI_ATK3
		"groggy"	MTI_GROGGY

// extra
		"walk"		MTI_JUMP1 
		"walk"		MTI_JUMP2 
		"walk"		MTI_JUMP3 
		"walk"		MTI_JUMP4 
		"walk"		MTI_RUN
	}

The red part is the file name of your 03d model

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use an existing buff pickup pets and copy it.. The files you mention that has to be edited are correct.
Edit the ItemID and MonsterID, o3d files loads in mdldyna.. the animations script is written (Don't have the resource on this computer so can't really show.)

Thank you Xakzi.

the models are "bound to coding" in the mdlDyna.inc.

Code:
    [COLOR=#ff0000]BigCobra[/COLOR]    MI_BIGCOBRA01    MODELTYPE_ANIMATED_MESH "" 0   MD_MID 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1
    {
        "stand"        MTI_STAND 
        "walk"        MTI_WALK 
        "idle1"        MTI_IDLE1 
        "idle1"        MTI_IDLE2
        "dmg1"        MTI_DMG1
        "dmg2"        MTI_DMG2
        "dmgFly"    MTI_DMGFLY
        "dmgDie"    MTI_DMGDIE
        "dmgLive"    MTI_DMGLIVE
        "die1"        MTI_DIE1
        "atk1"        MTI_ATK1
        "atk2"        MTI_ATK2
        "atk2"        MTI_ATK3
        "groggy"    MTI_GROGGY

// extra
        "walk"        MTI_JUMP1 
        "walk"        MTI_JUMP2 
        "walk"        MTI_JUMP3 
        "walk"        MTI_JUMP4 
        "walk"        MTI_RUN
    }

The red part is the file name of your 03d model

Thanks for the info, kloklojul.

However, I still can't make it work. Imma do a detailed post below.

I'mma do a very detailed post, so you guys can see every step that I'm doing.

First, these are the model files that I'm using and how they are named.

Obs: I copy them and paste on Resource/Client Model folders, the inventory icon on Item folder, the Texture on Client Model folder. These Texture Low and TextureMid folders that are shown in the image below, I don't know what to do and I simply just let them there.
KEgFaSs - [HELP] Adding custom buff pickup pets to the server [V16+] - RaGEZONE Forums

Now, to the coding:

propItem.txt.txt

Code:
IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025927 Legendary Mythich Unicorn
IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025928 A golden legendary unicorn that follow it's owner and pick up the dropped itens from the floor.

Spec_Item.txt

Code:
22  II_PET_UNICORNY    IIDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025927    1    1    IK1_GENERAL    IK2_GENERAL    IK3_PET    =    1    1    =    5000    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    =    =    1    1    1    =    0    =    MI_PET_UNICORNY    350    =    _NONE    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    WUI_NOW    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    0    0    0    0    1    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    =    SND_ITEM_GNEATFOOD    =    """FF8DB546.dds"""    0    """"""    IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025928    1    300    0    0    1    0    0    0    1    0    2    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    1    1    1    1    0    ITEM_GRADE_NORMAL    1    TYPE1_PET    TYPE2_PET_PICKUP    1    0    0    0

defineItem.h

Code:
#define II_PET_UNICORNY    7119

propMover.txt

Code:
MI_PET_UNICORNY    IDS_PROPMOVER_TXT_002342    AII_PET    15    20    39    33    24    20    =    BELLI_PEACEFUL    =    1    =    =    RANK_LOW    0    =    1    =    1    1    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1000    4000    2297    100    19    130    0    =    1    1    =    0.1    =    0    =    =    =    13    0    0    0.3    -0.3    0    30    =    =    =    =    13    0    0    =    =    1    II_WEA_HAN_HAND    VT_ITEM    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    SND_ITEM_ANIMAL     SND_PC_DMGWANB    =    SND_NPC_PETYELLOWUNICORNIDLE1    =    IDS_PROPMOVER_TXT_002343    =    =    31

mdlDyna.inc

Code:
    [COLOR=#ff0000]PetYellowUnicorn[/COLOR]          MI_PET_UNICORNY     MODELTYPE_ANIMATED_MESH "" 0   MD_MID 0  1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NONE 1
    {        
        "stand"     MTI_STAND
        "walk"      MTI_WALK         
        "idle1"     MTI_IDLE1         
        "idle2"     MTI_IDLE2        
        "dmg1"      MTI_DMG1        
        "dmg2"      MTI_DMG2        
        "dmgFly"    MTI_DMGFLY        
        "dmgDie"    MTI_DMGDIE        
        "dmgLive"   MTI_DMGLIVE        
        "die1"      MTI_DIE1        
        "atk1"      MTI_ATK1        
        "atk1"      MTI_ATK2        
        "atk1"      MTI_ATK3        
        "groggy"    MTI_GROGGY

// extra        
        "walk"      MTI_JUMP1         
        "walk"      MTI_JUMP2         
        "walk"      MTI_JUMP3         
        "walk"      MTI_JUMP4         
        "walk"      MTI_RUN    
    }

propMover.txt.txt

Code:
IDS_PROPMOVER_TXT_002342    Legendary Mythich Unicorn

defineObj.h

Code:
#define MI_PET_UNICORNY                                2582

And still, I can't create the pet using /ci or visualize it ingame.

Help plz! :(:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you simply take the spec_item data for the pet from somewhere else or is it of your own making perhaps you Version ID scanner is lower than 22?

just a random though?
perhaps give this a try
Code:
15 II_PET_UNICORNY    IIDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025927    1    1    IK1_GENERAL    IK2_GENERAL    IK3_PET    =    1    1    =    5000    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    =    =    1    1    1    =    0    =    MI_PET_UNICORNY    350    =    _NONE    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    WUI_NOW    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    0    0    0    0    1    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    =    SND_ITEM_GNEATFOOD    =    """FF8DB546.dds"""    0    """"""    IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025928    1    300    0    0    1    0    0    0    1    0    2    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    1    1    1    1    0    ITEM_GRADE_NORMAL    1    TYPE1_PET    TYPE2_PET_PICKUP    1    0    0    0

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything do look correct, do you get any error logs when trying to use /ci "Legendary Mythich Unicorn" ?

Nope, the item just isn't created when I try to create it with /ci.

I wonder if it's something to do with mdlDyna, cause with the code I posted I created the "monster model", but did not create the item related to it, and I figured out that pets have two types of coding on the same mdlDyna file. Is that right?

did you simply take the spec_item data for the pet from somewhere else or is it of your own making perhaps you Version ID scanner is lower than 22?

just a random though?
perhaps give this a try
Code:
15 II_PET_UNICORNY    IIDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025927    1    1    IK1_GENERAL    IK2_GENERAL    IK3_PET    =    1    1    =    5000    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    =    =    1    1    1    =    0    =    MI_PET_UNICORNY    350    =    _NONE    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    WUI_NOW    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    0    0    0    0    0    1    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    =    SND_ITEM_GNEATFOOD    =    """FF8DB546.dds"""    0    """"""    IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025928    1    300    0    0    1    0    0    0    1    0    2    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    1    1    1    1    1    0    ITEM_GRADE_NORMAL    1    TYPE1_PET    TYPE2_PET_PICKUP    1    0    0    0

I changed to 22 to differ the original file itens from my custom added itens. Tried changing to 15, didn't work thou mate.

I tried changing the model from an already existing pet, as the Supervisor Kim for instance (that nerdy lil guy hehe) and it worked. Now I know how to change the model of an already existing pet succesfully, but I don't know why I can't create mine copying the data from other ones >.<.

And trust me, I've been studying and testing the files for days. I can't find out where the error is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back