Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Client Stalling With 168 Inventory System

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Source_PV\_database\DbManager.cpp, 630 CognizanceI am using Ketchups V19 source, https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/vs22-v19-1207754/
I have implemented Ketchups 168 Inventory system, https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/168-slot-inventory-1174743/

All is fine, I am able to compile, create the databases and account, log into the account, create a character, and log into the world. However, once I log out, I am unable to access the character selection screen again, even if I make a new account. I have to completely recreate the database to be able to log in again.

The way I implemented the database changes from the 168 system was just doing direct edits to the database file provided by ketchup, instead of doing a direct copy and paste, since doing a direct copy and paste didn't work at all.

Anyone have any idea on where I can start to debug this issue?

Thanks!

Update: Just discovered the error logs.. dummy me :)

Error in .txt: Source_PV\_database\DbManager.cpp, 630 Cognizance

DbManager.cpp Line 630:
Code:
VERIFYSTRING( sIndex, mover.m_szName );

Am I correct that it's failing to verify my character name...?

Update 2:

Issue with not being able to log back in has been solved. In the Database.sql file, all of these must be changed to varchar (max)

m_Inventory
m_apIndex
m_adwEquipment
m_dwObjIndex
m_extInventory
m_InventoryPiercing

im_apIndex
im_dwObjIndex
im_Inventory
im_apIndex
im_adwEquipment
im_dwObjIndex

im_extInventory
im_InventoryPiercing

om_Inventory
om_apIndex
om_adwEquipment
om_dwObjIndex

Credit to Tweeny on epvp (unsure if we're supposed to post links to there so I won't until I find out)

Last edited:
Back