Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I created this thread because I've been researching for days, and trying a lot of stuff.

I wanna create a new item in game. A shield, which I'm going to use as example throughout this post.

More than just following a tutorial, I wanna understand the mechanics of item creation in server files.

I'm going to use a tutorial that was posted on tutorials section to demonstrate what I mean.

Also, I think that this thread is going to be helpful to a lot of people.

With that said, let's go to the chase.

I am trying to create a Shield, called Skelly Shield (I highlited it's lines on Notepad++ for easy view purposes).

Reference tutorial:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f651/adding-items-server-spoon-fed-696320/

Files I'm using:

Ketchup VS19

Following the steps:

1) Editing mdlDyna.inc

0wEqH0H - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

2) Editing defineItem.h

GwCVUSM - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

3) Editing propItem.txt.txt

pBJ8RG5 - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

4) Editing propItem.txt

cPxvczi - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

The Final Step: Client Resource Files

Ok, here's a thing. As written in the tutorial, I open ResEditor, and do the following:

"Open up Flyff ResEditor and open up the data.res file in the Flyff client's folder (not the server files). Find defineItem.h and mdlDyna.inc and remove both of them. The click "Add a File" and browse to your ServerFiles/Resource folder. Add defineItem.h and mdlDyna.inc to the list of files in ResEditor. Don't forget to press the Save button, or no changes will be made." - done successfully.

However, when I go to the last and finish part - "Now go to open again, this time opening dataSub2.res. Remove propItem.txt and propItem.txt.txt. Press "Add a File" again, and add in those 2 files fro
m your Resource folder" - I have a problem. When I open dataSub2.res, there are only the following files by default:

62T7I3W - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

So, there is no propItem.txt, only propItem.txt.txt, which I replaced with the new file containing the shield in the code.

Then, as I usually do when I work with the resource, I use the Merge program, then copy the 4 files from ResClient folder (data.res, dataSub1.res, dataSub2.res and Flyff.a) to the Client folder, then hit overwrite.

When I run the client, it's like I've done nothing. The shield does'nt display ingame, I can't create with /ci, it does not show in the /ci window for item creation.

With all that said i wanna know:

A) Is the coding right? The adding/editing, everything on the right place it should be?

B) Why isn't there a propItem.txt file inside dataSub2.res?

C) What should I do to solve this problem, and be tottally able to create the weapons to my server?

This specific part of coding means a lot to me personally, so your help will be highly appreciated. <3

Thanks in advance,

RodZ.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Everything looks right..
Spec_Item.txt is Propitem.txt.
On the newer versions the name got changed, no idea why.
propitem.txt <- Old versions
Spec_Item.txt <- Newer versions

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
Also why go through the hassle of Res Editor? Just use Merge in the server resource and it's so much easier :thumbup1:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Xakzi, acknowledged. :):

Also why go through the hassle of Res Editor? Just use Merge in the server resource and it's so much easier :thumbup1:

I was following the tutorial xD , I think it's outdated.

So, that means that I can skip the following below- The Final Step: Client Resource Files - just by using the Merge.exe file?:

The Final Step: Client Resource Files
"Now all the files are setup for the items to be on your Server. Next is making them show up in your client. For this, you will need Flyff ResEditor (I will not provide a link, if you pay attention to the website at all, you'll know where to find it). Do make sure it is ResEditor, ResHack is not the same thing and won't work.

Open up Flyff ResEditor and open up the data.res file in the Flyff client's folder (not the server files). Find defineItem.h and mdlDyna.inc and remove both of them. The click "Add a File" and browse to your ServerFiles/Resource folder. Add defineItem.h and mdlDyna.inc to the list of files in ResEditor. Don't forget to press the Save button, or no changes will be made. Now go to open again, this time opening dataSub2.res. Remove propItem.txt and propItem.txt.txt. Press "Add a File" again, and add in those 2 files from your Resource folder."

By the way: I tried, tried and tried and still cannot create the item. Help please! I wish there was and updated item creating tutorial suitable to VS19, if that's not possible, can I get help into this? Thank you very much! :wink:

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the guides they tell you to edit propItem.txt as they are for V15. In V16+ it changed to Spec_Item.txt and yes some of the format did change but you can copy/paste a similar item and go from there if your not familiar.

You can also try these guides:

Ketchup, I did the changes on the files to add the shield all over again. I'm having the following errors, and stuck at cannot connect to the game, please check the network screen:

LGCSb58 - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

2021/10/28 01:58:42 FileName Spec_Item.txt(1367) : II_ARM_ARM_SHI_SHSKELLY Not Found. : II_ARM_ARM_SHI_SHSKELLY IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025923 1 1 IK1_ARMOR IK2_ARMOR IK3_SHI

2021/10/28 01:58:42 Spec_Item.txt ID:0 last_read(ID:10298 name:Catepo Shield)

2021/10/28 01:59:51 FileName mdlDyna.inc(3085) : II_ARM_ARM_SHI_SHSKELLY Not Found. : II_ARM_ARM_SHI_SHSKELLY MODELTYPE_MESH "" 0 MD_NEAR 0 1.0f 0 1 ATEX_NON

2021/10/28 02:00:04 FileName Spec_Item.txt(1367) : II_ARM_ARM_SHI_SHSKELLY Not Found. : II_ARM_ARM_SHI_SHSKELLY IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_025923 1 1 IK1_ARMOR IK2_ARMOR IK3_SHI

2021/10/28 02:00:04 Spec_Item.txt ID:0 last_read(ID:10298 name:Catepo Shield)

Obs: I placed the Skelly Shield right below the Catepo Shield on files:

mdlDyna.inc
pQdtAE7 - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

defineItem.h
4CYyLV7 - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

propItem.txt.txt
fKtBL9 - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

Spec_item.txt
SbBo8lG - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, when I get this item adding mechanic totally working and fully understand it, I am going to release a very detailed tutorial, since all of the existent tutorials work only with propItem.txt and doesn't 100% match the needs of ppl that are creating v16+ based servers. I think that that may help the community. :thumbup1:

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a FYI; try to make the lines not to long. Also don't use a very high number for defines. There are some max limits.

Thanks for the info, Groxy. Problem persists though.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try using a lower number like 50000.

You mean, in defines? On my example I'm using 21224 (defineItem.h), I should use 50000 as a lower number? Sorry, I don't get it. :(:

Edit: Tried changing the define value to 50000, I still get the same message error when launching World:

LGCSb58 - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean, in defines? On my example I'm using 21224 (defineItem.h), I should use 50000 as a lower number? Sorry, I don't get it. :(:

I usually just put items here, and double check so that the number is not used more than 1 time.

RodZ - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

(Check "New item here")

Once reaching 30005, I would continue under II_SYS_SYS_QUE_ANGEL_WHITE100 and new items would continue with 30043 etc..

It's almost at the end of the file.

The same in mdldyna..

I usually put new items right before the model animations code begins at the end, before "}"

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I usually just put items here, and double check so that the number is not used more than 1 time.

(Check "New item here")

Once reaching 30005, I would continue under II_SYS_SYS_QUE_ANGEL_WHITE100 and new items would continue with 30043 etc..

It's almost at the end of the file.

The same in mdldyna..

I usually put new items right before the model animations code begins at the end, before "}"

Dear Xakzi,

thanks for the instructions and the screenshots. They do help a lot!

However, I followed all instruction and still got an error when I open World, and the game doesn't load. Error:

35CXPHQ - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried changing the model too, so I could see if there was any problem with the model I was using - with no success.

I place the .O3D model on both Resource and Client folders, and the texture on Client's Texture folder.

Should I do something else?

What I can figure (not sure if that's right thou) from the error message that's being displayed is that:

the issue is on mdlDyna.inc because the line 13638 is one line above the item data on the file.

Also, the error message displayed says "CModelMng::LoadScript (Line 13638)"
Does anybody know what CModelMng error messages stand for?

Help plz. :(:

Edit: I tried using a Hileitine Shield Model, the original shield file, and it also doesn't work. That shows me that the error is in the coding, not in the model.

Ketchup, any clue?

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dear Xakzi,

thanks for the instructions and the screenshots. They do help a lot!

However, I followed all instruction and still got an error when I open World, and the game doesn't load. Error:

35CXPHQ - [HELP] Issue when trying to create an item ingame - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried changing the model too, so I could see if there was any problem with the model I was using - with no success.

I place the .O3D model on both Resource and Client folders, and the texture on Client's Texture folder.

Should I do something else?

What I can figure (not sure if that's right thou) from the error message that's being displayed is that:

the issue is on mdlDyna.inc because the line 13638 is one line above the item data on the file.

Also, the error message displayed says "CModelMng::LoadScript (Line 13638)"
Does anybody know what CModelMng error messages stand for?

Help plz. :(:

Edit: I tried using a Hileitine Shield Model, the original shield file, and it also doesn't work. That shows me that the error is in the coding, not in the model.

Ketchup, any clue?

whats the name of the o3d file for the shield?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the help, guys. The problem was solved and now I'm able to create my itens. :laugh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back