Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help what need to learn first to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi I don't know why i can't post under Help.Anyways, i wanted to know what are the things i need to learn to start everything.I have set up my first server on my local PC using this method. http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/flyff-server-setup-guide-v15-1010044/- everything is good and im able to login. - but my friend is not able to connect after reading that whole thread might be a router problem.- i wanted to edit this installed one instead, i tried installing VS 2003 but seems it not letting me on my old windows 10 PC.>any installers that you can share that will work on windows 10? -else i want to follow the same guide but will use this source https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/vs19-v15-tested-1170442/ - which i think my pc can install the VS 2019 My questions is.. Can I use VS 2019 on Cuvvvie Guide? or should I use Ketchup Guide cuz its working with VS2019? Also if can guide me on what things need to learn to edit ? :)

Inactive
Reaction score
In no circumstances should anyone be using VS03 in 2020 lol. There are plenty of upgraded sources not just here but a bunch of other places.

My files are pretty straight forward on how to use.

Download
Compile
Move Compiles
Setup Database + ODBC
Login as test - test

And your pretty much good to go.

As far as code learn basic C++ syntax and start fooling around with the source.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Make some small source edit's. Don't try to add big new systems that are released here. You will get overwhelmed.

About the friend not be able to connect: Don't forget to portforward the required ports. And most of the time your firewall will also block the ports. Don't disable your firewall! But just instead add those certain ports to your firewall.

Your friend doesn't need to read the whole setup thread. He/she just needs your FlyFF client + Neuz with your WAN ip.

Please note: Some sources might have changed the default ports.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In no circumstances should anyone be using VS03 in 2020 lol. There are plenty of upgraded sources not just here but a bunch of other places.My files are pretty straight forward on how to use.DownloadCompileMove CompilesSetup Database + ODBCLogin as test - testAnd your pretty much good to go.As far as code learn basic C++ syntax and start fooling around with the source.
Okay will use yours since your compiler, I can install. Which one should I download for the 2012 SQL?-https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/download/details.aspx?id=29062 So many option to download, im using windows 10 x64bitENU\x64\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe ENU\x64\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe ENU\x64\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exeENU\x64\SqlLocalDB.MSIENU\x64\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exeENU\x86\SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exeENU\x86\SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU.exeENU\x86\SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exeENU\x86\SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exeENU\x86\SqlLocaLDB.MSIENU\x86\SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exeI cant post screen shot. Apologies.Can I PM you?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Make some small source edit's. Don't try to add big new systems that are released here. You will get overwhelmed.

About the friend not be able to connect: Don't forget to portforward the required ports. And most of the time your firewall will also block the ports. Don't disable your firewall! But just instead add those certain ports to your firewall.

Your friend doesn't need to read the whole setup thread. He/she just needs your FlyFF client + Neuz with your WAN ip.

Please note: Some sources might have changed the default ports.

<br>
Thanks much, i wont do much on the portwarding thing as I can see my router dont have any so i will skip it first.
<br>
And want to do more on edits for now before letting my friends play xD.
<br>
<br>
Just setting up those tools on the steps so i can start.
<br>
Im waiting for the mod to accept my reply to Ketchup. Can I add you instead since I have limited access to post here xD.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do i need to post another thread or can i ask it here?AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_BOARD, -1, 1, 30, 100 );What are those last three numbers (1, 30, 100 ) and where i can edit it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back