Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Setting up server with VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I need your help to set up my server with a VPS.

I already hired a VPS service and it is running very well.

I followed this guide from Groxy (which is a very good guide) (topic 8): https://forum.ragezone.com/f724/setup-guide-ketchup-vs2019-files-1192396/, and other guides too.

The thing is: I did everything, uploaded the Client folder and my friends downloaded and ran it.

When running the game, they can't even connect to the game. They get the cannot connect to the game, please check the network message right after they hit the Login button.

What could be wrong? Also, is there a step by step guide focused on VPS server setups? I searched here in RZ and Googled it, but I can't find a specific step by step guide (it's my first time working with VPS, so I needed to learn every step of it), and I need a quick solution because I'm already paying for the VPS.

Obs: I'm using Windows 10 and Ketchup's VS19(V18) files.

Obs2: When I run the game on my VPS virtual machine, I can log in, choose the character, and put the character's secondary password (the 4 digits one). And then, it stays loading forever, with the character moving still. No cannot connect to the game, please check the network error, but it stays on that screen forever: Connecting, please wait.

Obs3: I start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio then I run the 7 exe.s, from 1. Account to 7. World, then start the game. Should I launch something else on my VPS while seting up the server?

Thanks in advance! :laugh:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Redo #8 and recompile the neuz with the correct ip and give it to them.

Hey Ketchup. Thanks for you answer.

Just to be sure, (and that will help me a lot not only with the VPS thing, but to understand a whole lot of other things), when you guys say "recompile the Neuz" you mean doing it with Visual Studio such as in this step of Groxy's guide:

Code:
[COLOR=#666666]4.1.1 Follow the 3.1 steps and open your source in Visual Studio
4.1.2 Right click "Solution 'all' (8 of 8 projects)" and select "Batch Build.."
4.1.3 Click "Rebuild" and wait until the build is done
4.1.4 Check if "Rebuild All: 8 succeeded" [COLOR=#FF0000][B](NOTE: The clean source will always compile "8 succeeded")[/B][/COLOR][B]
4.1.5 Don't forget to run the "-Move Compiles.bat" file (in the K18 root folder)
[/B][/COLOR]

If so, I should batch build all 8 projects or just deal with the Neuz file? It's that one inside the "all" file, right? If so, I should right click on it and select what option?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Ketchup. Thanks for you answer.

Just to be sure, (and that will help me a lot not only with the VPS thing, but to understand a whole lot of other things), when you guys say "recompile the Neuz" you mean doing it with Visual Studio such as in this step of Groxy's guide:

Code:
[COLOR=#666666]4.1.1 Follow the 3.1 steps and open your source in Visual Studio
4.1.2 Right click "Solution 'all' (8 of 8 projects)" and select "Batch Build.."
4.1.3 Click "Rebuild" and wait until the build is done
4.1.4 Check if "Rebuild All: 8 succeeded" [COLOR=#FF0000][B](NOTE: The clean source will always compile "8 succeeded")[/B][/COLOR][B]
4.1.5 Don't forget to run the "-Move Compiles.bat" file (in the K18 root folder)
[/B][/COLOR]

If so, I should batch build all 8 projects or just deal with the Neuz file? It's that one inside the "all" file, right? If so, I should right click on it and select what option?

Thanks in advance.

Just right click "all" and hit build.

You over think things quite a bit lol.

Send me your contact info via pm and I'll look into it when I have some spare time.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem solved. Thanks for everyone who helped.:thumbup1:

Thread can be closed now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back