Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Horizon Files Classbalance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Mates
i try to make my classbalance but i have a issue in my head :withstupid:

Example:
I make a full STR,ADOCH,PVE Slayer that makes 9m 1o1.
Then i create a Full INT,PVE Elementor...the Skills makes 200-300k.
But when i make 1o1 without skill the Ele does 2m.

I changed the propjob.inc nothing happens only the 1o1 damage increase.
Then i make the Skills stronger in the PropSkillAdd now the Skills works but there are to op.
I also tried the propskill.csv but nothing changed.

Ok then i checked the source entrys with some op highrate server.
But there are all the same.

Is there any way i forget to make the Skills stronger?
Also checked the Ressource entrys with other op highrate and there are the same....

Is there really the only way to change the propskilladd other server didnt change them?

Inactive
Reaction score
You'll never be able to Balance these copy paste files from guru renamed to horizon. It has a ton of added and bloated systems lol. Build your own your own source and you'll be quite happy.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Impossible, like literally you will never be able to get even close to balance, unless you overhaul how flyff does things. (Or remove/extremely limit most factors)

- First of all, realize how utterly, truly stupid Awakes/ Sockets/ Upgrades and such are.
- How broken and flawed the calculations for damage is.
- How mechanics like Charged Bow shots, Second hand hit (Blade+) get stupid and scale endlessly better, then anything else (Except Holy Cross, which is THE most broken skill in the entire game, like 2x Damage is...).

How do you solve this, quite easy.
Skills = Auto attacks. Auto attacks = Skills. They scale and are affected by the same variables.

Add a literal "Damage per second (Damage over a set period of time ish)" factor - Skills do more Damage per cast but take 2 sec (or add a CD), while auto attacks do less damage per attack but only take 1 sec to hit - which is the same average damage in the end. Monster Hunter World is a good example for it.

Of course you would need to limit overall Stats and Level, since bigger numbers = harder to balance.
But, it might be just faster to create your own game at this point, since it's the core of the Game..

To your actual question, change how much damage skills gain per stat increase.
Quick and not smart at all, actually the worst thing you can do, please don't do this, just why - For example do this:
Code:
DST_STR    =    RT_ATTACK    =    5
Code:
DST_STR    =    RT_ATTACK    =    50
(propSkill.txt)

Upvote 0
Back