Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for the right tutorial(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction of some more updated & accurate tutorials for the information I'm looking for.

I would just like to give a huge thank you to Groxy101 for the amazing setup tutorial. Very informative and detailed! Also another huge thank you to Ketchup for providing the files used in the guide.

First question how do I even go about creating a website for my server? As in the kind that I can let players register and all the jaz. After looking at the help section and googling It appears Xampp is used? I could not find a clear guide on that one, I'm hoping I've missed it and someone could link me it. Or is Xampp no longer used? Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

My second question i solved after tinkering with Spec_item.txt.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I rather IIS over any other system it's free and decently easy to setup on a home computer or using a VPS, as for a website I think SQL_SRV was needed after php 5.something? don't quote me on that so simply find a template that works for you or write your own simple script to push the data to the database, I think somewhere on RZ I have a very simplistic php script that allows people to register using SQL_SRV might just have to find it, you can simply use it as a template to understand how it works

I did a quick google search and found the link
post #11 I listed my script,
http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/register-page-v15-flyff-1095193/
BUT I SUGGEST YOU READ THE WHOLE THREAD!
Alfieo has a nice one but outdated due to PHP's drop in mssql_ now uses SQL_SRV

keep in mind all of what I'm going off of is from around 2016 and I've not touched much flyff in years.

I forgot to mention if you use IIS I believe it installs everything you need to run and handle php correctly if you check that option but I'm not 100% sure, sorry like I said it's been a long time.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello! I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction of some more updated & accurate tutorials for the information I'm looking for.

I would just like to give a huge thank you to Groxy101 for the amazing setup tutorial. Very informative and detailed! Also another huge thank you to Ketchup for providing the files used in the guide.

First question how do I even go about creating a website for my server? As in the kind that I can let players register and all the jaz. After looking at the help section and googling It appears Xampp is used? I could not find a clear guide on that one, I'm hoping I've missed it and someone could link me it. Or is Xampp no longer used? Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

My second question i solved after tinkering with Spec_item.txt.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Most people use: http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/sapphire-flyff-website-v2-2-a-1192281/ when starting out with a flyff website.

You can use xampp but you will need to download and install the php driver for sql and enable it in php.ini along with the odbc in php.ini for php 7+.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you both n0tso1ee7 and Ketchup. I have gone with IIS and I have also used the Sapphire website you have provided. My follow up question is this now.

My next question is, this: I know my DB structure should be Account/Character/Logging/Ranking then website. When looking at Sapphire's SQL folder, I see quite a few SQL query files. Do I excite them all? Do I do something similar to what was in Groxy101's setup guide when creating the initial DBs?

Again thank you in for the help you all have already given!

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Thank you both n0tso1ee7 and Ketchup. I have gone with IIS and I have also used the Sapphire website you have provided. My follow up question is this now.

My next question is, this: I know my DB structure should be Account/Character/Logging/Ranking then website. When looking at Sapphire's SQL folder, I see quite a few SQL query files. Do I excite them all? Do I do something similar to what was in Groxy101's setup guide when creating the initial DBs?

Again thank you in for the help you all have already given!

Manually create WEBSITE_DBF then import all the sql files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you Ketchup.

That leaves the four other sql files outside of the website_dbf folder. I tired to run them and was met with errors. Is there something special I must do?
I also added the website to the ODBC (following in the footsteps of the server set up guide), was this the correct thing to do?

After google translating the readme file, it mentioned giving the read/write permissions to the security folder. Is this what it means by the permissions?

At this point I still cannot see my site (localhost not live)and I'm a little unsure as to why. Any insight or thinks I can double check would be appreciated.

Note: I am using IIS, I added the website and it's path to the files. Anything else I need to do?

Inactive
Reaction score
Thank you Ketchup.

That leaves the four other sql files outside of the website_dbf folder. I tired to run them and was met with errors. Is there something special I must do?
I also added the website to the ODBC (following in the footsteps of the server set up guide), was this the correct thing to do?

After google translating the readme file, it mentioned giving the read/write permissions to the security folder. Is this what it means by the permissions?

At this point I still cannot see my site (localhost not live)and I'm a little unsure as to why. Any insight or thinks I can double check would be appreciated.

Note: I am using IIS, I added the website and it's path to the files. Anything else I need to do?

I don't use IIS personally so i wouldn't know.

As for the databases ODBC is not needed for WEBSITE_DBF. If your having issues importing the database it is because your most likely doing it out of order. Start with the first 4 outside of the folder, going down the list 1 by 1. Then do what's in the folder afterwards.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Changed over to WAMP and the website appears to be online now. Wamp feels easier to navigate and I think I wound up missing a dependency to install for IIS.

EDIT: After reading http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/wamp-mssql-673301/index3.html it appears you made the post at the end with how dated it is. My new question is what would you recommend to use? I've searched thru the tut and help section for something concrete and all I really get is what appears to be dated information and vague ideas.

I get when trying to open the SQL file ACCOUNT_TBL then executing it. However, everything else works and executed just fine. I've also tried swapping out the sapphire for one of your other websites. Still the same error, no matter what it seems.

What can I double check to see if I made a mistake anywhere along the way?

Thank you for taking the time to help me out Ketchup.

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Changed over to WAMP and the website appears to be online now. Wamp feels easier to navigate and I think I wound up missing a dependency to install for IIS.

EDIT: After reading http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/wamp-mssql-673301/index3.html it appears you made the post at the end with how dated it is. My new question is what would you recommend to use? I've searched thru the tut and help section for something concrete and all I really get is what appears to be dated information and vague ideas.

I get when trying to open the SQL file ACCOUNT_TBL then executing it. However, everything else works and executed just fine. I've also tried swapping out the sapphire for one of your other websites. Still the same error, no matter what it seems.

What can I double check to see if I made a mistake anywhere along the way?

Thank you for taking the time to help me out Ketchup.

Most people use Xampp or IIS not Wamp.

There are plenty of guides online on how to enable sql server with xampp and etc.

If you can't seem to figure it out then perhaps you should hire a dev.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! Those were the exact key words I needed to pull up a tutorial!

It's working now except for two issues. One is still the error relating to the ACCOUNT_TBL sql file execution, which I have a feeling is causing the other error of being able to register an account but unable to login to it via the game.

I did delete all my dbs and start fresh. Attempting to load the ACCOUNT_TBL sql file before any others as per your suggestion but with still no luck.

The Error:

Code:
Msg 4901, Level 16, State 1, Line 24
ALTER TABLE only allows columns to be added that can contain nulls, or have a DEFAULT definition specified, or the column being added is an identity or timestamp column, or alternatively if none of the previous conditions are satisfied the table must be empty to allow addition of this column. Column 'votepoints' cannot be added to non-empty table 'ACCOUNT_TBL' because it does not satisfy these conditions.
Msg 1752, Level 16, State 0, Line 31
Column 'votepoints' in table 'ACCOUNT_TBL' is invalid for creating a default constraint.
Msg 1750, Level 16, State 0, Line 31
Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors

Thank you again Ketchup!

--EDIT--

What fixed the account_tbl not being able to be executed I went to the line in question

Code:
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO

Took it out, then replaced it exactly (copy and pasted) and it ran with 0 errors.

Now the only issue is that I cannot register my character or login with the test account however it still reads the server with how many accounts there are and characters accurately. Still going to play around with the register files and see what I can do.

==FINAL EDIT==

I have solved all of the issues. My neuz salt was not equal to my website salt.

Again last and final shoutout to Ketchup. Thank you! :)

Please close when you get a chance mods! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back