Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NPC Messages Bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to modify (translate) the displayed text in the bubbles over NPC's heads, nothing else.
Sebastopol - NPC Messages Bubbles - RaGEZONE Forums

I've been searching the site for a few days on every sites like Ragezone (which is the best by far...), and couldn't find anything.
Apparently, it could be those .txt files named in "character.inc" ( m_szDialog= "MaFl_Macus.txt"; ) but:
1- I can't locate them.
2- I even don't know if they are the good ones, cause it says "Dialog", & I don't want to edit dialogues.

I tryied by myself :
- to unearth those text files in every Source files that I have (with VS2019) -> nothing
- in every .exe files -> nothing
I've opened every .txt files in Client and Server -> nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(English isn't my native language, so sry if there are some mistakes)

Inactive
Reaction score
It's handled by WorldDialog.txt & .dll

Search the dll for the npc, then that will give you the line the dialog is located at in the .txt. If you don't have access to the .dll source then you can just search the .txt file for the phrase your trying to change.

Replace that line in WorldDialog.txt and reboot world server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apparently worlddialogue.txt only contains interactive dialogs (which are already translated). In addition I was unable to manipulate those dlls (I tried with Resource Hacker and other programs, but I do not understand anything). My computer skills are too basic. Thank you anyway it's nice to have had help.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok. I had to make a clean installation of SQL for another reason, and when I went back in game with my modified files, everything was translated, even those pesky bubbles...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back