Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Strange characters when translating item name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have a problem when I translate some itens ingame. Some itens name appear weird.

I'll give one as example. It's a Scroll of Sprotect that I wanna translate to Proteção S :

3teIbVx - Strange characters when translating item name - RaGEZONE Forums

This happens when I use the following characters: ç, ã, õ, and some others that are non English.

If I use these characters on the item description, world dialogs, npc dialogs, it'll work normally thou. The issue is with titles, itens names...

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have a problem when I translate some itens ingame. Some itens name appear weird.

I'll give one as example. It's a Scroll of Sprotect that I wanna translate to Proteção S :

3teIbVx - Strange characters when translating item name - RaGEZONE Forums

This happens when I use the following characters: ç, ã, õ, and some others that are non English.

If I use these characters on the item description, world dialogs, npc dialogs, it'll work normally thou. The issue is with titles, itens names...

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried changing the encoding on propItem.txt.txt?

propitem.txt.txt., its thai language .,just change it to english Scroll of SProtect

Did you bother to read anything he wrote?

Nowhere did he mention Thai and the propItem.txt.txt by default is usually English or Korean. He is translating from English to his preferred language which if you put into google translate it appears to be Portuguese.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Never tried to change language, but if you look at the difference in the Letter2_*LANGUAGE*.inc (example; Letter2_FRE) files then I would guess that you would have to make one for your language and your letters.
Either by editing one of those or adding another one

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back