Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I transplanted the rune system in the HK3 source. Rune items cannot be equipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I ported the rune system from the HK3Z source to my source, but it didn't work in my source. I added the code and used the editor to set the slot. But the items I use in the game are not equipped to the rune slots. What did I do wrong. Can someone help me, thanks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I already gave you more than enough assistance on another site without providing us with error logs of any sort and only going off the assumption you added everything correct.

try what I suggested before act as if you are pulling starting gear from HK3 database and send those queries to your new database if this is a database issue, remember to make a new character after you've done this.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f724/v15-starter-items-686424/

follow this with HK3 database/server once you pull the values execute them on your database/server

....at least from what I recall adding my own unique inventory slot you had to add a value to the database.

Keep in mind I could be fully wrong it's just the last thing I can go off of with what you've told me thus far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you also edit the resource? Propitem.txt or Spec_Item.txt
Yes, I also edited

I am pretty sure I already gave you more than enough assistance on another site without providing us with error logs of any sort and only going off the assumption you added everything correct.

try what I suggested before act as if you are pulling starting gear from HK3 database and send those queries to your new database if this is a database issue, remember to make a new character after you've done this.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f724/v15-...-items-686424/

follow this with HK3 database/server once you pull the values execute them on your database/server

....at least from what I recall adding my own unique inventory slot you had to add a value to the database.

Keep in mind I could be fully wrong it's just the last thing I can go off of with what you've told me thus far.

If this adds a new equipment slot, it also has something to do with the database. Thank you, then I will check the database, and there is nothing that needs to be added to the database when I check the code.
Can you tell me which field I need to add to the database?

I'm not what it can get initially. I mean, my slot cannot be equipped with this item of rune. This is also the database does not give a value to the slot of this equipment rune, so it can’t let me equip this rune item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still can't solve the problem of being unable to equip the rune slot. Can someone tell me the answer, thank you

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I still can't solve the problem of being unable to equip the rune slot. Can someone tell me the answer, thank you
The answer was given to you but you're unable to solve it.

When adding new gear, flyff uses MAX_HUMAN_PARTS and such to determine equipment even though a few of the parameters are actually un-required. Other than that, you'll need to make a small change to existing inventory tables and / or the base value tables for the new inventories after changing the structure a bit.

I do suggest rewriting the inventory table to be more like the current v21.2 version or doing your own to get rid of the varchar(max) array storage - and if you increase inventory size you're looking at creating a lot of useless and unused memory in Query.cpp.

Other than that, you'll have to verify if all the locations of what you added is correct and then you'll need to make sure all the necessary changes are done as well -- debug, search, read the source and learn how it works. This is unironically an easy task, just time consuming so I doubt anyone would help you / do it for you especially because a quick fix may not be the most optimized way of doing things.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back