Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WorldServer crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't keep dropped items. When I collect items WorldServer.exe It will shut down immediately.
I tried debug worldserver,
it's marked
pocket.h
{ return( m_apPocket[nPocket] && ( !bExpiration || !m_apPocket[nPocket]->IsExpired() ) ); }
but i don't understand :*:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What this means, basically, is that something went wrong at this specific line, however we'll need a bit more informations than that to help you figure out exactly what.

What source are you using?
What is the error message displayed alongside the line you highlighted?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am using K18.3 add system from guru v19 ultimate.
I don't know from which system the error occurred.

thrown at 0x00B8D537 in WorldServer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000013.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
From what you provided, my only guess is that "nPocket" is a value equal or higher than the size of the "m_apPocket" array, which causes an issue when trying to call "IsExpired()".

When debugging you should have a callstack tab somewhere (in vs19 it's bottom right by default, I think it's safe to assume it's the same in vs22), which shows which functions were called at the stop point. Roughly summarized, it works in a chain like this: Line 1 was called by Line 2, itself called by Line 3, etc...

In that callstack, there's only 2 lines you'll want to pay attention to. The first one, I believe, is "CPocketController::IsAvailable", which is the function called causing this error. The second one we don't know, but it is a function that calls the former and passes it the presumed faulty argument "nPocket", so we need to figure out which it is. Logically, it should be located lower in the callstack, so anything above can be ignored.

Try to find that second function, and find out what the value passed as "nPocket" is, and if it exceeds the amount of pockets given to a player.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm new to these debugging.
Schwep - WorldServer  crash - RaGEZONE Forums
Schwep - WorldServer  crash - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back