Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Ultra

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am currently working on Ultra version of Flyff.
Just dealt with map generation in Unity from the LND file. Basic loading, water and textures are not figured out yet.

I used that guy's code as a base:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f651/flyff-world-editor-in-unity3d-948999/

It wasn't quite working, he claimed that not sure how to do it either.
Following Brakeys video on generating terrain in unity helped a lot.
As it's always the case we never fully reveal everything :eek:tt1:
I should just tell to the next guy that might try this, which with some coding skills is pretty simple...Figure out the factor of error with Flyff maps.
SetHeights accept values from 0 to 1. That's enough of a hint!

See attachement for loaded map!

Also other thing that's ready is figuring out how to enhance models! I think it's looking pretty descent!

You can see random mob with enhanced model and textures! Hence the name Flyff Ultra!

That's for now!

NOTICE:
If anyone is willing to help with enhancing models I will share my process and you can keep the finished client, or at least you will know the workflow, but it's about 4000 models. That's already lone person 2-3 months worth of time non-stop enhancing...Given how much work it is, I might stop at just enhancing the mobs and npc's, everything else could be eventually done later...Volunteers are welcome!

1. Enhancing the textures. I use Photoshop but it's quite complicated, you can browse YouTube for upscaling tutorials. The one I followed does the job, but nice and dirty solution will be to use LightRoom Classic, I just load the image apply a filter with blueish dramatic shadows and up the reds, play a bit with the contrast and adjust the filter to the image at hand. Then right click > Enhance, Export. Enhancing could be done after making simple upscaling manually or in photoshop.

2. Exporting the given model from o3d, or ani if animation to something like .dae, then importing to Blender, Subdivision + Welding vertices + Subdivision + Welding again, Smoothing Vertices. Realign parts of Exterior or Interior, because sometimes for example a house looks weird after doing that and must Move some faces around to hide imperfections.

!!! Must be very careful not to select everything in Object mode, because animated models has problems with it's bones and later distort the animation, because nothing is were is expected to be anymore.!!!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very much useful, it reduced the time to figure it out by so much! Can't be appreciative enough! Did you get past that phase on what you were doing?

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very much useful, it reduced the time to figure it out by so much! Can't be appreciative enough! Did you get past that phase on what you were doing?

Sadly no, I believe I was busy with other things eventually.
My goal was to load in textures correctly and then the models of course!

I wish you goodluck :D I think there are other people on Ragezone that worked on this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
y'know, if you put even half the effort into learning GLSL that you do learning that shitpile Unity, you'd be able to make your OWN game...

unity hate aside, cool community concept, good luck :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know. Great for prototyping though. I don't expect to make a game of my own, just trying to justify the time spent on my pc by learning stuff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Always push to keep learning! I'm excited to see how far you manage to bring your project, even if Unity isn't the best choice for MMOs.

If you find yourself stuck, look into Godot, it's a C++/LUA engine just like the FlyFF engine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Working is a strong word for what I do now, but I work on making 3d models look a bit better now. Anyway I believe there's people from the community that managed to take over of developing Flyff officially, I think they're running Sniegu Tech now in France. I believe by the time Flyff Universe start losing players they'll be ready with their new envision of Flyff and what I do will be nowhere near complete. Knowing myself, I will drop it at some point.

I've invested some time watching videos about Godot. It's viable choice as any other. Probably perfect for casual indie titles. Why not mods too? Can't vouch if a serious studio would pick it as engine of choice. If a studio make a fork of Godot for themselves and contracts with Microsoft and Sony for their proprietary libraries, maybe consoles are option that way, not officially though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Latest addition with fixed all animations into single model. Randomly chosen Abraxas.

Guide of how to be done:
All the animations are saved with A-tools Model Editor one by one in .dae, then one by one loaded into Blender and as follows:
Removing the 2 lower Lod versions Light and Camera.
Loading the texture.
In Edit mode tap A to select everything and then Flip the normals, because Flyff native format is very old and textures load inside out.
Select Mesh>Clean Up> Merge By Distance and increase the value 1 point of what's the original, I believe 0.0001.
Right click on selected object, Subdivide and Smooth Verticies.
When you're done, export as FBX, delete everything Up to Collection, and repeat loading the next animation.
Each model loaded saves new animation within the exported FBX, the last one should have them all.

Back