Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Unity FlyFF Project | A work in progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RxSdvA1 - Unity FlyFF Project | A work in progress! - RaGEZONE Forums

Introduction
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

I come today excited to announce a project that I've been working on for almost a year now. FlyFF in Unity. The reason no one has really heard about this even though I've been working on it for over a year now, is that I've seen it happen too many times where someone will announce a project that ends up being short lived. It saddens me to see ambitious projects that never go a good distance.

With that being said, I want to clarify that my main focus of this project right now is more learning/for fun than making it a real private server. Of course, there are possibilities that this can be a playable private server sometime in the future. Maybe the future of FlyFF servers is in Unity, who knows. I am working towards this being playable of course, but I am not setting deadlines or promising deliveries.

Now, since this project is basically something being done from scratch, this is a great opportunity to get feedback and input in the earlier stages that can change things for the better, change things to something players would like and enjoy.

Performance

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Naturally, you will have questions about performance. Obviously I keep this in mind when creating graphical optimizations and improvements and make sure that things are not extremely taxing to a player's system. Remember, this is not FlyFF's engine, this is Unity. Things are very different, including performance. FPS is not capped at ~60. Graphical options are optimized, and of course, an extensive in-game options window will exist where you can turn things down. However, even while every option is on low/off, the game will still look better than regular FlyFF, and still run better at the same time.

What have you done so far?

People will always ask, "Well, is this real? How far in are you?" Here's the list.

• Fundamentals
    • Animations
    • Combat
    • Character stats
    • Leveling up
    • Penya
  • Interface
    • General HUD
    • Inventory system (small things still need to be finished)
    • Shops
    • Various system windows
  • Maps
    • Flaris
    • Darkon
    • A couple custom areas
  • Graphics (you can turn off pretty much any of these)
    • Depth of Field
    • Crease shading
    • Motion Blur (slight)
    • Bloom
    • Chromatic Aberration
    • Water stuff
    • Volumetric Lighting
Finally, Showcase

Thanks for reading this whole thing!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've got some updates! As I said I've been mostly working on networking stuff, so I haven't had much to preview these past few days. However, I have some little things today; the login scene, an unfinished new area, and a cool little distortion character glow!

Frostbite - Unity FlyFF Project | A work in progress! - RaGEZONE Forums

View attachment 234163

View attachment 226492

Join the discord c:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks awesome would we be able to get a demo at least?

Thanks for the hard work! I joined the discord I'll be keeping my eye on this

Cheers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks awesome would we be able to get a demo at least?

Thanks! I don't plan on releasing a demo so soon, but once I get some more done then it's possible to give out a small local version of a demo.

Also, here's some auto attack combat some people were asking me about!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't plan on releasing a demo so soon, but once I get some more done then it's possible to give out a small local version of a demo.

Also, here's some auto attack combat some people were asking me about!

Question for you if you don't mind :) , you planning to release\sell your project when it gets done ? Or you're planing open new server with this project? Because i think your project create new dimension of flyff and thats awesome :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question for you if you don't mind :) , you planning to release\sell your project when it gets done ? Or you're planing open new server with this project? Because i think your project create new dimension of flyff and thats awesome :).
I don't plan on selling or releasing it anytime soon, no. I could potentially open a server in the future though, who knows

Staff member
Reaction score
Frostbite, I don't say this often, I'm impressed.

I know it's in early development, but it's awesome to see someone is working so dedicated on re-creating a game (even when it's just for fun.) FlyFF has been my life for years, developing a lot, going out of the box. Your project is awesome, keep working on it!

The game I'm re-creating (15year old flash game) is very tiny and simple, I wish I had the skills to develop this kind of stuff.

~Following this project!~

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
look very nice! we are looking forward to your unity flyff!!:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back