Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunBound Beta in a playable state

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Remember when I released 2 beta clients a long time ago here? Well, as expected, nobody did anything with it, so the question always remained (outside of .xfs data mining) how those clients were, since when it comes to screenshots from the GunBound beta, a lot of the game was never archived.

Today I am happy to inform that both the betas were emulated and preserved properly.

While I cannot show full videos yet, here are a few screenshots of the betas in action:

GunBound Beta title screen:
iD8s7RR - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Beta World List:
z9ZoHuD - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Beta Avatar Shop:
NhB2QOG - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Beta Cozy Tower
nXDCS8F - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

o80L3DU - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Beta result screen showing the scrapped 'x Team Win' effect
eb9mQ52 - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Random boomer shot with the earlier beta:
ajGEmU - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

The more annoying part about the betas is their lack of tunnel packets and lan functionality. It's completely missing, making it available for more users (or even myself), a much bigger pain. Therefore, right now the screenshots and videos I have are limited. Once I am able to play the betas as well, I am writing down all the changes they made in both of them, so it's properly and forever preserved.

The credits to the work go to jglim who can be found he also have things such as this on his github.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is super neat! I really wish I could get into fully modifying this game. I've always wanted to work in a full AI system so you could play with bots offline. Thanks for always sharing!

Staff member
Reaction score
Que version de cliente es?

GunBound Beta (2002) Korean version .xfs version 90

EDIT: Added more screenshots

I made a video for those curious how it looks like, doesn't show everything though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That is awesome. Is there a reliable way to import its assets? I would love to get my hands in some more

Staff member
Reaction score
Multiplayer is now supported as well. Here are some screenshots. A reminder again that I translated a lot of the game. It's normally 100% in Korean

DygQhmD - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

jvvcwuF - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

kF2YUd0 - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

M7ysSDS - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

85KCb7R - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
check that client and that gunbound client PRE BETA HAS THE MOBIL DRAGON Does that mobile dragon work?

it could be more interesting if you shared the broker's packts to see if the broker emulator that is in visual basic will be edited

Staff member
Reaction score
check that client and that gunbound client PRE BETA HAS THE MOBIL DRAGON Does that mobile dragon work?

it could be more interesting if you shared the broker's packts to see if the broker emulator that is in visual basic will be edited

Dragon works exactly like the final game, but the sound bytes are not in the game client yet (he's muted!)

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some more screenshots from multiplayer support. Maybe someday fully online for short period? :) Also, UI have now been completely translated as well but needs some English polish.

eB6l4FD - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

qffcSJ - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

ClkWyyL - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

2ZgYTtC - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Full Buddy List support (person was offline so it didn't work)

lseG5c1 - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Fully English avatar shop:

8ZJz4ZB - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Fully English lobby:

Zm22ioa - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Way too much time spend on this? Maybe. But one thing is for sure, and that is that this beta is now properly preserved.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are there any plans to share the emulator? This looks awesome, what a classic. Gunbound was probably my first free 2 play game ever.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am really happy to know that there are others trying to dont let this game die. I have some news about gameserver modification and newer versions of the game such as 6.73 (season 2). I will post about it soon.

Screenshot: GunBound S2 V6.72 [No GAMEGUARD - Removed from Client and Server]
Kimberly - GunBound Beta in a playable state - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Back