Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunBound Season 2 v6.72 - Adapted Server & Client Bug Fixes

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone!

For the last 3 - 4 years I have been dedicating some of my time to fix this game version.

By now the game is 99% working. There is 1 last bug with packet received SVC_ROOM_JOIN (0x2111) and 0x21F5 (sometimes it works and sometimes it doest)

If you are interested on helping me, let me know. Reversing Engeneering skills are required.

Todo:
- Backpacks packet is not handled by the server (server should reply 0x7012, maybe with 0x7013) (workaround is possible)
- Tutorial Finish (0x7014) is not handled by the server. (workaround is possible)
- Avatar Shop can be decrypted but not encrypted again.
- Bugle is not implemented on server files. (workaround is possible)

In Progress:
- Packet 0x2111 (SVC_ROOM_JOIN reply) is buggy (sometimes works and sometimes doesnt, its related to packet checksum).

Fixed/Done:
- V6.72 Launcher 100% (New LoginServer)
- Item2 100%
- Phoenix & Maya 100%
- PowerBall 100%
- PowerUser 2 and Mobile Ticket 100%
- Chat Colors 99% (1 little bug in channel if you relogin after set a color)
- GameGuard procedures 100% removed from client and server.

* Item2 was, in my opinion, what screwed the official servers. Made the game pay to win. In these videos they are enabled just for demonstration. I do not recommend enabling it on a production server.

Videos:

I am also excided with new gunbound updates this year (open source gunbound and thors hammer server source code. thanks to @Kimberly, @phnx, @Leo The Fox and others).

I hope good things are coming.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is a very good thing to hear. I can sponsor a dedicated server machine for this one.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a very good thing to hear. I can sponsor a dedicated server machine for this one.

For now I am focusing on stabilize the server but thank you. I still have a problem with packet 0x2111 (SVC_ROOM_JOIN). Seems to be a client side problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to help. I'm also waiting. I currently repaired almost half of the elsword 2014 server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to help. I'm also waiting. I currently repaired almost half of the elsword 2014 server

There is just 1 gunbound server source code (released recently). Its for Thors Hammers and its not finished.

To deal with WC and Season2 Modding, the easy way is to use Assembly + GameServer Function Hooking.

Update: Packet 0x2111 specific problem found and understood. Working on a fix..

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is just 1 gunbound server source code (released recently). Its for Thors Hammers and its not finished.

To deal with WC and Season2 Modding, the easy way is to use Assembly + GameServer Function Hooking.

Update: Packet 0x2111 specific problem found and understood. Working on a fix..

I would like to be part of this development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Relevant information about the Update of the International Level System,

Levels system changed, from the client: GunBound_GIS_WC_080612_Ver668.exe (Themida .GME)
Date : 2008-5-30

TheMarKs - GunBound Season 2 v6.72 - Adapted Server & Client Bug Fixes - RaGEZONE Forums

Date : 2008-6-3

Hello, this is GIS Team.

Accordint to users suggestion of new level system, GIS team has discussed what we should to reflect on leve system. GIS team will update new level system like below.

▶ Star levels (5 grades) will transfer over the gold double sided Axe+. But other levels don’t move.

Screenshot Refer: "http://gunbound.softnyx.net/04_community/04_screen_shot_view.asp?sn=191144&page;=1"

After maintenance, what will be happened?
▶ All the user’s level will setup to Chick level, but if the user joins the game, user's level will be restored with new level.
▶ Country Ranker 1 ~ Ranker 100 's level will be changed next day. (Only SG, MY, AE, US, PE)
▶ Rank disable users' level will be setup to Chick. (No chang to new level)
▶ Please remeber that: to refresh level or to get reward, you must go to server list ^^

Thanks a lot. Have a nice day.

Yours Sincerely,
Softnyx Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I managed to accommodate the chat color error, now you can select a color, after returning to the channel the color returns to normal

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm wondering where these have gone. Has develop being halted?
Are there any download links available?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm wondering where these have gone. Has develop being halted?
Are there any download links available?
serverfiles
client v672

this is servefiles and db, to work items 2 you need to add the item and menu to the table, the codes range from 700001 to 700025, client version 672 and also works with previous ones.

Back