Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Opensource Gunbound Project

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello friends from ragezone.

I was an active member in the past and I decided to stop by and show you a project I am developing in my spare time.

As you might have noticed it is a whole new gunbound client and server entirelly made by me :)

I know it is still incomplete and some animations does not match exacly with the game but the idea is to mimic good stuff and enhance (if possible) bad stuff.

What do you think?

Currently it has 5 mobiles and the only weather effect working is the "wind change". :p

Rep:

Edit:

Repository was moved to github:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well. Unfortunately in this case the game server wont work with softnyx client, just on this one :pBtw, there is this gb server that worked with classic client coded in python on github. You can find it doing a quick research on google

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome! I thought about doing this a few years ago because I wanted to build AI into the game so I could play solo against bots. You thinking of adding features like this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sure. I forgot to attatch it. I've edited the first post.

Edit:
To configure the server with ips and stuff you must edit a few classes. Since it is not ready yet for public I didn't implemented shortcuts for configuring it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I wanted to feel how it is to code a game from scratch :p

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about starting the project from scratch but using Unity 3D. It's not such a complex project (like some mmorpg), I jsut need to see how I'll be able to synchronize the destruction of the terrain at Unity and the bullets.

I don't have a lot of knowledge with Gunbound (but it's the type of game that always caught my attention because of DDTank), but it's easier to work with Gunbound than with DDTank (because of the sprites).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I see. Unity3D is indeed very useful, if you want some tips about sync you can message me. However, in my project the client/server is not hackerproof yet.

After some refactoring all I can say is adding new features is easier now than using any game engine.

I was almost using UE4 but I changed my mind after importing sprites.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how database? "MySQL?", think i'll develop a site system for it (sorry english)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It is SqlServer. So far the database structure is quite simple, just storing Guilds and Players.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is amazing. I still prefer the original PC version because of the graphics but you have done a great job, keep it going!

Back