Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunBound .img editor (with source code)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Credits to Ar2roMx for creating this application, based on InsideGB.

I post both the application and source code. I purchased this off of Ar2roMx nearly 10 years ago, and I am posting this to the benefit of the GunBound development community, for free.

Download link:

This also works with many other Softnyx Games that utilize the .img format. You can edit virtually any .img file imaginable, both with flat color, transparent pixel (#FF00FF), and alpha transparency .png import to edit any avatar. You can also change animations, change coordinates and x/y positions, and almost everything.

Other games I think it works with:
- GunBound (ALL VERSIONS)
- Fortress Vs GunBound
- Magic Punk
-

Known bugs:
- The image# on the right doesn't correctly align with the image# on the left. You'll see what I mean as you try it
- Images that are imported are slightly darkened by about 2% for some reason. Try not to re-use assets over and over, otherwise you'll end up with a darker and darker import each time, compounding on top of each other
- Editing map location info can still be rather buggy, probably due to the darkening issue mentioned before, however editing what the map LOOKS like should be fine
- Sometimes it crashes. It just does. I haven't looked into it, as it's pretty minor.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you =)
That's very useful for my projects...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone would have a TUTORIAL on how to use this application, creating an avatar ???

I don't know if it's done via FRAME BY FRAME, or how, but I would like help using this software. Somebody ???

Back