Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My custom source

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OFFICIALLY LAUNCHER THE SERVER!
https://forum.ragezone.com/f682/gunz-rage-gunz-classic-generation-1200172/

------------------------------------------------------------------

More updates and pictures can be found in the posts!

Hey everyone,
Today I want to share my custom source project that I am working on for the last 5 months.
This source is based on the SuperRepack3 that Jorklenis released (and already deleted).

I work as a programmer in a full time job, so I only worked on it sometimes at nights or when I had some free time. I did it just for fun, and I am planning to release it sometime in the future (since it is still not completed)

My main purpose was to stabilize the source so it will be playable and bugless.
In addition, I have added many features developed and written by me (toke some ideas for other gunz server).

Right now it is stable, bugless, playable and can be used as is for openning a gunz server :)
Antihack is currently missing but idc about it and not gonna focus on it.

There are many new features that can be controlled from Options and many Game Modifiers, and also many small cool features and UI changes, so I can't really show here all of them,
But here some of my work I did so far and pictures:

1. All bugs or crashes has been fixed
  2. All Game modes are working
  3. Refactored and redesigned many code parts and systems
  4. All rankings (player, cw, ladder, dueltournamet, quest) are working and updating automatucally every minutes amount (can be configured). A message is written to everyone ingame when it happens.
  5. Fixed country flags - now they work automatically with the clien't IP.
  6. Added Aim and Damage statistics in game - Round stats and Total stats (total stats are shown when pressing the scroreboard button)
  7. Anti Lead has been fully replaced with a new and better one. Also, anti lead status is shown near scoreboard in game.
  8. Loadout slots - 3 inventory slots that you can save or load to them
  9. Naked button that takes off all your equipped items
  10. Dance / Community Items / Long buffs equipment slots are working, and the items can be bought in the store
  11. Added missing weapon types like double shotgun, double rifle, double great sword, claymore, and all the rest missing types
  12. Game modifiers system in stage creation window (modifiers are auto-disabled in quest/survival games). They are also shown near the scoreboard in game
  13. Spectators system - works for normal/cw/ladder games. you can also /follow a player who is in cw/ladder in order to spectate his game. also, when you can not join a stage in free channel (because it is full or your level does not fit, and etc..) you can join as a spectator if the stage allows spectating. spectating players names list is shown near the scoreboard in game. spectators are not counted at all in the stage players amount, means they are not "taking" place for other players to join the game.
  14. Kills notifications in top-right corner (weapon icons are also colored in team games with the team color). Pictures added below
  15. Quest difficulty system - Higher difficulty means that NPC Deal more damage and you deal less damage to them, but the rewards at the end of the quest are bigger. The difficulty is also shown in game near the scoreboard
  16. The stage settings button can be pressed by anyone and not only by the stage master, so every player can see the current stage settings state (Of course only the stage master can change them, and if you are not the stage master they are just "read only")
  17. Auto sorting map names by the ABC order
  18. Spawn invincibility seconds - you are partially transparent to anyone few seconds after spawning and invincible
  19. ALOT of new game settings options
  20. Some new stage settings like: Middlegame teams base swap, Afk time, spectating, spectators chat, Anti Lead, ETC..
  21. New player commands
  22. First Blood Announcements with sounds
  23. Chat messages beep fix and many more such a small fixes
  24. Translated any non-english text or image to english (including spy game UI images and more)

List of available game modifiers at stage creation:

Fog, Low Shot Delay, Bouncy Falls, No Avatars, No Clothes, No Rings, No Guns, No Sword, No Items, No Melee Flip, No K-Style, No Massives, Instant Spawn, Instant Reload, Infinite Ammo, Low Gravity, Sprint (SHIFT), Sprint (Always), Ninja Jump, Hide Crosshair, Hardcore UI, Double Damage, Triple Damage, FPS Camera, Paintball Bullets, Teleport (NUMPAD1 NUMPAD2), Vanilla (120HP 110AP), Roll The Dice, Heal Over Time, Head Shots Only, Air Control, Shotguns Only, No Explosions, Kills Give Ammo, Kills Give Heal, Ghost, Grappling Hook

Currently Known bugs:

1. Sometimes in Duel Match, one of the players does not spawn so it leads to an immediate round end
  2. Editing input keys in the options is buggy in windows10 (tested and worked good for windows XP)
  3. In stage, when choosing Capture the flag or Battle Royale game mode, which are game modes that support only specific maps, maps that are not supported by the game mode are also shown in the map choosing drop down list
  4. /clan list - command don't do anything right now
  5. When changing the game from Fullscreen to window/borderless, the window is always focused and can not be minized (restarting the game client solves it right now)

More ideas that I want to implement in the future:

1. Add some protection to the files - Anti hack/dodge/hitbox/shotbot/ux and etc
  2. New Game options - Screenshot quality / screenshot format / Async screenshots
  3. Voice chat in game
  4. Screenshots viewer in game (like the replays viewer)
  5. Radio chat commands (like in counter strike and etc.. )
  6. Secondary clothes slots just for appearance
  7. Way to reset clan score in game (probably clan leader ingame command)
  8. Way to turn on/off the following 3 settings for CW+Ladder matches (currently they are all default ON) - Teams Bases rotation at Middlegame / Spectating the game / Spectators can chat
  9. Emotes images will be shown in stage name
  10. Mail system in game
  11. Custom clan message that will be written to chat when entering the clan channel (clan leaders can set the message)
  12. Edit an existing character (Gender/Hair/Face) from char selection screen
  13. MVP system for team games - each end of round the round's MVP will be announced and have a star near his name in the scoreboard
  14. Rebirth system
  15. Register from login screen
  16. Options and Replays buttons at login screen
  17. Admin Panel with UI in game
  18. Add options to mark maps as Favorite, so it will be pinned to the start of the maps list in stage
  19. Auto disable "Ready" when stage settings changed
  20. Add Replay + Spectating buttons map explanation
  21. New game modes: Reverse Berserker / Bounty Hunter / NPC Deathmatch / King of the hill / triple team deathmatch / Dodgeball / Skillmap / Last Man Standing / Footbal / Challenge Quest

More Pictures

sharpshot - My custom source - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Options

Game Modifiers System

New Stage Settings

Game Modes

ABC-Sorted Maps List

Quest Difficulty System

Inventory: 3 Loadout Slots, Naked Button, Dance/Community/Longbuff items, Storage

3 Shops: Bounty, Cash, Event. Search box searches item only in the specific shop you are currently in

VIP System

Colored Kill Feed + Colored First Bloods

Quest NPC Aim Info + Quest Difficulty Near Scoreboard

Spectating

Sword Trail Colors

Commands

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Whoooa! I saw you post in jork's thread as well, when you said you were going to fix the CW crash but unfortunately I wasn't able to follow up (and forgot your username) because the thread got deleted. This is super exciting news for someone like me that only cares about playing with a small group of friends.

I've also been using jork's source as base after I started understanding the gunz source code a bit better and made some small newb changes. Basically just taking code snippets that have been generously offered here from the community to add extra options and whatnot.. But wow.., this is on a whole 'nother level, I can already see how much effort and time you've put into this amazing work sharpshot!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Zentsuken haha yeah the cw bug was the first one i solved.. and then another bug and another bug.. until I got into it too much and here are the results after few months :)

I feel you mate, I remember the days 12 years ago when I was child and owned a Gunz server to play with school friends... I knew nothing about programming at that age, but now I'm doing anything I couldn't do then :)

It's too bad that the community now is small and a bit dead, and there is a leak in programmers here (Most of the active people are not really programmers). That's why I'm currently running alone, so it takes me longer time

I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
What a good job, I wish I had so much time for these things but my personal life is very busy, good job I hope you release it to see if the community increases and more new players join.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Congratulations on the project, it really is something interesting to see these days.
This variety of options for the user and in its own interface, makes the game really much more interesting and adaptable to individual taste.

A tip is: work as much as possible on new players, not just those who have been playing for years. There is the ChallangeQuest mode that is very interesting, and this mode combined with its difficulty system would be very interesting to play, for any type of player, be it novice or veteran. Thinking this way, the items dropped in this modality and varying according to the difficulty could have classes interspersing the attributes of these items. And this is not just an idea for this modality, for any other developed.
Regarding the protection of the game, I believe that even if it is not your specialty there is a huge range of codes available that you can understand and improve it so that the basics are protected.

A suggestion related to your anti-hack problem, I'm going to share with you a project where you can use good chunks of code.

I hope it will be useful. Good luck!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Congratulations on the project, it really is something interesting to see these days.
This variety of options for the user and in its own interface, makes the game really much more interesting and adaptable to individual taste.

A tip is: work as much as possible on new players, not just those who have been playing for years. There is the ChallangeQuest mode that is very interesting, and this mode combined with its difficulty system would be very interesting to play, for any type of player, be it novice or veteran. Thinking this way, the items dropped in this modality and varying according to the difficulty could have classes interspersing the attributes of these items. And this is not just an idea for this modality, for any other developed.
Regarding the protection of the game, I believe that even if it is not your specialty there is a huge range of codes available that you can understand and improve it so that the basics are protected.

A suggestion related to your anti-hack problem, I'm going to share with you a project where you can use good chunks of code.

I hope it will be useful. Good luck!

Thanks you very much! ill take a look at this project :)

Reaction score
very good! it's better than FGunz and UGG haha, hope you release this source one day, it will help many newbies

Last edited:
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
very good! it's better than FGunz and UGG haha, hope you release this source one day, it will help many newbies

You are very wrong, better than ugg maybe a little, but fgunz good, very bad.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You are very wrong, better than ugg maybe a little, but fgunz good, very bad.

Im not trying to create something better than someone else,
And i must agree about FGunz, this source being developed for years.. i work on mine only 6 months :)

I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
If it's good and all but most of the features are already existing, of course, in your own way, such as the spectator mode, but I say it's only a matter of time to sit down and think about something, but one's personal life is a very tight schedule and more. when you usually have 2 full time jobs.

FGunz has the most stable code on most servers, there you play for hours and you can make live videos and it never closes.

For something I released this code because I only used it to perform experiments and not to make a server.

It was never to create a server or take it as a basis.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If it's good and all but most of the features are already existing, of course, in your own way, such as the spectator mode, but I say it's only a matter of time to sit down and think about something, but one's personal life is a very tight schedule and more. when you usually have 2 full time jobs.

FGunz has the most stable code on most servers, there you play for hours and you can make live videos and it never closes.

For something I released this code because I only used it to perform experiments and not to make a server.

It was never to create a server or take it as a basis.

Well, currently im running my source server+client opened for days and weeks without any crashes or memory leaks.. your original released source was very bugged but as i said i fixed and stabilzed it and now it never crashes or closes :)

I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
Well, currently im running my source server+client opened for days and weeks without any crashes or memory leaks.. your original released source was very bugged but as i said i fixed and stabilzed it and now it never crashes or closes :)

I was always aware that that code had flaws because I clearly said that this code is not to open a server and less a database, it is an "experimental" code I hope you understand that friend, and if you repaired it well for you but I have another code better but gunz no longer attracts my attention because I am in another community, it is no longer like yesterday.

The code was released for the one who wanted to use it, also that code only had a couple of errors and they were not much, details that I left to the elements.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im not trying to create something better than someone else,
And i must agree about FGunz, this source being developed for years.. i work on mine only 6 months :)

ahh this is the repack # 3 code but this code they said was an experiment and recommended beginners to just extract their stuff and not open a server with it, good job, you fixed everything but that code didn't have such serious bugs, the most of them were dumb, I hope it frees it to open my server as if it frees only the client and server files it is nothing without your code and I highly doubt it will free it.

If so, it doesn't matter because that would be another not so special contribution because this code has already gone through 3 or 4 servers if I'm not mistaken and some developers had already invested time there.

I think it was Jorklenis2, Ryuzu, and android28.

and then that code still belongs to them since they were the ones who made the code work and then later turn it into an experimental base like gunbi so you can't put "My custom source" because you never took a clean code for that.

Rather it should be called "Repack # 3 Enhanced".
But still good work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ahh this is the repack # 3 code but this code they said was an experiment and recommended beginners to just extract their stuff and not open a server with it, good job, you fixed everything but that code didn't have such serious bugs, the most of them were dumb, I hope it frees it to open my server as if it frees only the client and server files it is nothing without your code and I highly doubt it will free it.

If so, it doesn't matter because that would be another not so special contribution because this code has already gone through 3 or 4 servers if I'm not mistaken and some developers had already invested time there.

and then that code still belongs to them since they were the ones who made the code work and then later turn it into an experimental base like gunbi so you can't put "My custom source" because you never took a clean code for that.

But still good work.

Thanks? i guess

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

But still good work.

"That code still belongs to them" ( You mean MAIET)

lol.

This is an amazing project that most of the people on here can only dream off.

Repack #3 source was full with bugs / memory leaks, he fixed them all and has a stable sourcecode / client.

"Rather it should be called "Repack # 3 Enhanced". This means all servers should be called GunZ the Duel and not fgunz?

Your whole story makes no sense.

Back