Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] How To Edit clothes/weapons

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have a solution.

Format C: \q

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ty ty ty but i need a video... becuase i know make it but not how retexture it -- srr bad english...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok like i edited a b8 recoloured it and stuff with phoyoshop. Now i took the b8 elu file but how to make this elu match my dds?

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Open the Elu with a Hex Editor and search for the old texture.
Note: They DONT have dds on it, so search for the extension befor dds.
Example: gz_huw_chest.tga.dds
u would have to search for gz_huw_chest.tga

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bro on ''model'' i cant find any WEPON DSS files ....
where is it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey. I could really use a little help. Maybe its because the files inside man.mrs are in tga format. My photoshop CS3 always says its the wrong document or something, a lttle help please?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does this plugin actually also work for the stuff in the combat folder in default.mrs?
Cuz i edited those text like "Fantastic" and putted dried blood splatters behind it, wich are partly black, and i left the official image there and made it totally black so you wouldnt see the old text anymore.
If i would just delete that layer it would say that i cant save the file because it has to much color channels (5) when i save it.

And when i leave the layer there, ingame the text would look like it looks in PS, with that black background...

RageZone GunZ | Ex-Owner
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to edit clothes/items w/ photoshop

Tutorial; How to edit items & clothes

Code:
Tools + Downloads
Photoshop CS2 - [url]http://www.click-now.net/?file=0722[/url]
Mrs Unpacker - [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?dymyily3yxd[/url]
dds Plug-in - [url]http://developer.download.nvidia.com/tools/texturetools/Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.0307.1915.exe[/url]
DDS Viewer - [URL]http://download.nvidia.com/developer/NVTextureSuite/DDS_viewer.exe[/URL]

After downloading all of these, you can now proceed to edit your items and your clothes. another optional thing to speed up editing is to download a program that lets you see the .dds file in thumbnail form while still in a explorer window, this is good because you don't have to open 30+ files just to find that t-shirt you wanted. If you want more depth on on how to edit clothes, keep following this tutorial

* Remember to BACKUP all files before editing.

once you have downloaded all of the above files or programs, install all of the files. In this tutorial we will be opening man.mrs located in your client gunz/model/man.mrs COPY it into the same directory as mrs.exe and cmd.exe, now run cmd.exe and type mrs.exe and the press your enter key some text will appear under the line you wrote this is instructional showing the 2 commands u can use with mrs.exe

Kingston - [TUT] How To Edit clothes/weapons - RaGEZONE Forums

now you have cmd open type mrs.exe d man.mrs this will decompile the mrs.exe

now you have a man folder and a man.mrs open the man folder(you can close down cmd.exe now if you want)right click the file and open it with photoshop CS2

you should see this small menu make sure it looks the same as the screenshot shown

You Can Now Start Editing You Items and Release them Here at RageZone!

once you have finished editing you need to know how to save correctly right? file>save as>pick your location and you should get another little gui use the same options as shown in the folowing screenshot

Hopefully the links still work, thxs in advance.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Im having a problem Decompressing man.mrs I think it's a vista thing but if you know please help me

I get that error All the time..I retryed it like 15 times

u use one mrs file encrapyted.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Nice tutorail, i need this =.=

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice tut For noobs 7/10 ;)

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Omg Theis is a old tut :O

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Can some body tell me why theis forum can't aceept flashs

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice tut For noobs 7/10 ;)

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Omg Theis is a old tut :O

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Can some body tell me why theis forum can't aceept flashs
lol does it suprise you that this is old? learn to read the post dates and it even says what it supports for a signature if I'm not mistaken so stop spamming that pointless question over and over

Reaction score
Hello everybody!)

Hello, sorry in advance if i've posted in the wrong place... Can someone explain how to perform a topic search in the forum?

Back